“A great day Discovering Istanbul with Cumali” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tolga Kinas Istanbul Tour Guide

Tolga Kinas Istanbul Tour Guide
Ranked #183 of 403 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: We are group of private guides, specialist about Istanbul and all around Turkey. Our guides are registered by Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Turkey. We provide private tours all around Turkey. We will be pleased to introduce our country.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great day Discovering Istanbul with Cumali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

After reading many reviews, I contacted Tolga to arrange a tour for our family in late May. We had a short stop in Istanbul on our way to Italy. Tolga asked me a few questions and I let him know that my girls were college age. He sent a driver for us at the airport and Cumali Okay the next morning. Cumali is a recent college graduate that knows so much about the history, art, religion and people of the city and Turkey. We had great conversations with him as we visited the important mosques and palaces and discussed ancient art and history. Cumali took us to a friend's restaurant and we had delicious lunch. He knew the good shops in the Spice Market and shared his favorite place for baklava. We wound up at Taksim Square, just a few days before the riots, and parted ways. Cumali spent 12 hours with us and made our trip so memorable.

Mountain View, CA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Esra Canturk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have just returned from Istanbul and 1 & 1/2 days with Esra as a personal guide. She is amazing. Professional, experienced, flexible, and informed. Our trip was enhanced by the time we spent with her and we saw Istanbul in a way we could never have managed on our own. She's lots of fun to spend time with and never failed to fill us in on what we were seeing and its meaning to us and the people of Turkey.
Joan & friends
May 28, 2013

1 Thank Joan M
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very nice tour guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

I'm really glad we booked this tour with Gokhan, he showed us the main attractions of the city supporting our needs and thanks to him we jumped all the queues!
Gokhan is an extremely nice guy, very knowledgeable and polite my only suggestion is to go a bit deeper in the story of the city and the religion adding also a bit of perspective on the current status of the society.
Plus I would skip the free-time breaks - it would be nice if he comes with you throughout the visit.
But overall we were very happy with him!

Thanks a lot Gokhan and Tolga for organizing the trour!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience discovering Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We were very fortunate in having Tolga Kinas as our guide on our Intrepid Tour of Turkey.He was at all times a thorough gentleman, friendly caring and most of all knowledgeable and passionate about his country and sharing this passion with us. Nothing was ever too much trouble for him and he was always approachable with a big smile on his face.

Tolga K, Owner at Tolga Kinas Istanbul Tour Guide, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Hello Roz, thank you so much for your nice review about me. I hope to see you again. have a nice day...
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tolga Should Be Your Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have to say that Tolga goes above and beyond any guide I've ever known. I had only heard of Turkish hospitality until I met him. We arrived in Istanbul at 2 a.m. and it was snowing. No one spoke English, but Tolga and a couple of his friends were walking by and offered to translate for us. We asked Tolga to translate to the cab driver that we wanted a cheap hostel. He turned to his friends and after a few seconds, asked if we wanted to stay with them instead of at a hostel. Tolga did not even know our names. He then stayed up until 4 a.m. giving us a rundown of the city. He told us how to use the subway system, the bus system, and where to go in Istanbul. Some people are one way in their business life and another in their personal life; Tolga was not only professional, he is a truly kind person. A few weeks later, we were going to the Syrian border when their revolution broke out. We had no choice but to return to Istanbul to fly out of the country. Tolga picked us up, even though it was late on a Friday night, and then invited us out with his friends. We hung out until 4 a.m. again and had a blast meeting all of his friends. I cannot say enough nice things about him. If there were more Tolgas in the world, it would be a better place. I highly recommend him as a guide!

Visited March 2012