“Desception”
Review of The Marions Suite

The Marions Suite
Ranked #710 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I arrived around midnight with a formula-1-transfer-service (at the airport I waited almost an hour till we left) organized by the hotel and stepped into the lobby. We went out again and entered another entrance around the corner. The concierge explained, that it was a new part which belongs to them. There was another concierge sitting in the entrance, talking to some friends. He did not speak another language than Turkish. The hall and corridors were dirty and dark. At the end of the corridor I saw an open door, and some young people. It looked like a backpackers-room. My room was right next to it. So quite loud at that time. The room was big, but it had seen better times long time ago. It did not look like in any photo I had seen on their internet site. After travelling half a day I was thirsty but the Minibar was empty. There was no Interphone, no Tablet PC, no iron or anything they had promised on their Homepage. I didn't want to accept this and tried to explain the situation to the concierge but as already mentioned, he did not speak other than Turkish. The other concierge had left and I sent him a SMS explaining the inacceptable situation and that I would check out the next day. The bed was covered with an old blanket and it was too cold to sleep. No lights or switches next the bed, so I had to get up, turn off the lights and return to the bed with my mobile giving me light. I slept poorly in my clothes. Round 6am the English-speaking concierge replied by SMS and offered to change the room in the morning to the main-house. The only available room was right up the stairs, over the reception. The concierge excused for the mistake and said, they would charge just half of the normal rate for the first night and the transfer from and to the airport would be paid by them. The second night was so loud in that room, I couldn't sleep again. In the morning I asked to check out. As they already had charged my credit card the moment I booked (!) per Internet, they asked me to pay the difference out in cash. They charged 2 full nights and half of the transfer-fee. I had never experienced such a poor service. It was a rip-off. And believe me, the photos on the internet “suffered” some alteration by a photo program. I found a new hotel for a better price just around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mundial14

Reviewed 7 November 2013

First time in Instanbul. It was hard to find the hotel because the Taxi left as 200 m from Hotel but i asked some people and arrived.
The hotel is very clean and quite and near to taxim square
Stuff very helpfull.
Michael Athens-Greece

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MEHMET Y, Ön Büro Müdürü at The Marions Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Mıchael

Thank you so much for your review!!

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we eill be very happy to host you again with the same passion at the Marions Suite Hotel

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 November 2013

ts a cute small hotel with all the necessary facilities. its quite difficult to find it at first but its very close to taksim square. The stuff is very helpfull. The room is wonderful and clean , just as the photos at their website. this would be the hotel of our next trip to istanbul

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MEHMET Y, Ön Büro Müdürü at The Marions Suite, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest

Frist off all i m happy that you had good time with us, Would like to see you and your friends at

hotel in the future again .

Best Regards
Erkan ORUC

Reviewed 6 November 2013

It was our first time to visit Istanbul. However ,My wife and I stayed at Marions for 17 night. It was a very nice place .It was quiet and not far from Taksim Square . All the staff were helpful, charming , and cooperative, but Mr. Serhat was the best.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Abo K

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Marions Suite and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay

We pride ourselves on creating a wonderful experience for our guests

I hope that you can come back as soon as you can and many thanks for the compliments

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Marions Suite. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They look out for their customers. The hotel is 2 minutes to Taksim square but it's on a side road, so it's quiet. It's a nice boutique hotel. The offered continental breakfast, which was standard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kalps777

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review!!.

We wait in the next future to let you enjoy another amazing stay with us. Take care!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Until i opened my room door i still had a disappointment look and dreaded what would be on the other side of the door. I sighed in relief leaving my luggage at the entrance to inspect the exact replica of what i had seen on the website.
The staff were of tremendous help, and very nice as well.

Room Tip: rooms ending with 01 have the best views. the higher the better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The location of the hotel was fantastic - just a few minutes from Taksim square and the Metro station, but at the same time in a quiet and friendly neighborhood, next to a convenient store and across from a local family-owned restaurant! Excellent service offered from everyone: the front desk employees, management, as well as cleaning ladies. Clean rooms, satisfying breakfast, great WiFi connection, and a lovely side view of Vosporos! It was an excellent choice and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ChristinaCyprus

Dear Christina

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the other travelers,

We appreciate your kind effort. We are pleased to know that you had a great time in our hotel an you wanted to tell your story on Tripadvisor.

Feel free to come back anytime you're in Istanbul. you're Welcome