We stayed in the Rixos Taksim for four nights in May and it wasn't the most enjoyable experience you'd expect from a five star hotel.
1) Our room was on the ground floor, overviewing the parking lot - we did not have much privacy and didn't have much lighting!
2) I was shocked when I realized that each guest had to pay for the internet on a daily basis (even when you paid -- it usually didn't work!) -- the free wifi highlighted on the website is based in the lobby (where there is no seating!)
3) When we first checked in to the hotel, our safe box wasn't working and the mini bar had left over food from the previous guests..We had to wait for a day to have fresh refreshments in the room..
4) We were initially fooled by the fact that it's called "Rixos Taksim", however there is a good 20 minute walk from the hotel to the Taskim square -- one would need to pass many construction sites and streets to reach to the square!
5) Room keys generally do not work. You have to go to the receptionist every time you come back to the hotel and wait while the receptionist to give you a fresh set of keys.
6) The walls are not sound proof and one clearly gets to hear what the couple next door are doing/talking about!
7)Overall, the hotel was strangely decorated with gold and black tiles, and oriented with plastic flowers which didn't look very pleasant - there were hardly any chairs in the lobby, and the restaurant certainly did not have a large variety of buffet as a one would expect a five star hotel to have!
If you're truly expecting to have a five star experience in Istanbul, Rixos Taksim is not the hotel you should chose, we've stayed at many boutique hotels around the Taksim Square and surprisingly, their service has been much better than this "five star" hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rixos Taksim Istanbul, located in Taksim, at the heart of Istanbul, cradle of civilizations, embodies 130 suite rooms, 63 studio rooms and 2 penthouses, an exclusive restaurant and a bar, along with a SPA and a fitness center, is promising the valued guests a brand new life experience integrated with the vivid energy of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rixos Taksim Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.