“My advice 2 u befor u book at Rixos Taksim Istanbul hotel”

Rixos Taksim Istanbul
Ranked #513 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“My advice 2 u befor u book at Rixos Taksim Istanbul hotel”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It is my mistake when i booked on Feb 25 /26, 2014.Valu is nt cheep.Hotel separated for 2 billding one suites other rooms.Lubby is very small.free internet in lubby.When you want go to the(Taksim) you walk among mounting street it is too diffecult for breath.Rooms Decorate is nice. Service not bad.THE DANGUROS START AFTER MED NIGHT. TV IS OFF BY ITSELF TIME AFTER TIME. BAD SMELL IN ROOM .LOOK LIKE SOME ONE SLEEP NEAR YOU AND WHEN YOU SWEACH ON THE LAMB THERE IS NOTHING.IT IS CHOST HOTEL.I asked them 2 change my room and they open the safe while am out.
My ADVICE TAKE CARE BEFOR U BOOK.

Room Tip: All rooms are chost rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Maha A Asiri A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very good location , you can reach Easley , you can walk to many nice and attractive places , staff are friendly , some of them speaks Arabic , rooms are good , wide enough , room service is good , foods is perfect as usual and as it is every where in turkey .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I decided to stay here for our anniversary, we had a wonderful stay. We had a Superior Suite. The location is central, the gentlemen at reception are very professional and extremely polite, they know how to make you feel welcome, but I have to say I felt sorry for them. The clientele of this hotel are 99 percent middle eastern, probably Arabs (we had no idea before coming here) and I saw many of them treating staff with disrespect. The staff however manage these difficult customers with great professionalism, you would think the the staff are the customers, they are so refined and so polite.

Everyone from the receptionists, the bellboy, the ladies that show you to your room, to room service are fabulous, this hotel is very lucky to have such staff while accommodating such difficult guests.

I didn't see a single European or Turk here during our stay. We went down to breakfast with my husband the next morning but with all the shoving and pushing men who seem to be eating for the first time and the ladies glaring eyes at us under their full black burkhas made me feel terribly out of place so we skipped it and went back to our room and checked out early.

If you are prepared to only be in your room and order room service like we did and not wish to hang out in other parts of the hotel, the suits are great and highly recommended. But if you wish to be at a hotel with the feel of modern luxury and comfort in the hotel as a whole, this may not be the right place for you.

Room Tip: Junior or Superior Suites are a must if staying here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JuliaJackman
Tripoli, Greece
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful stay in Rixos Taksim for 5 days. We booked a junior suite and received an upgrade to Superior Suite. Good selection of breakfast , very good location walking distance from Taksim and very clean hotel. The staff were all professorial and we would like to especially thank Ouon from the reception for his exceptional customer care skills. overall Rixos Taksim is the best value for money hotel you can get in Istanbul.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the other comments about the Rixos Taksim hotel. However, I personally had a great stay at the Rixos Taksim. I was fortunate to get a Junior Suite at a 30 – 40% internet discount. The room was very very spacious and although the view wasn’t great, (into the office building next door and part “city” view), It didn’t worry me at all. Cleaning was very efficient and done by a friendly staff member and I was always provided with ample of free bottles of water. The suites have a kitchen and dining table with chairs, microwave and refridgerator. I suppose you have to ask for cutlery and plates etc if you bring your own drink and food. The breakfast offered had a wide variety of foods, however during the peak rush times the staff worked hard to clear the tables as quickly as they could for new diners. They even had a pianist playing live as you entered the restaurant. The gym was furnished with acceptable equipment, however most of the televisions on the treadmills and steppers did not work. The pool is round with large pillars in the middle, you have to wear a cap when in the pool. I must say that I had the best massage at the Rixos hotel from which I received a 10% discount upon my arrival to the hotel.

The only downside I have, is the slight uphill (watch out for traffic) road you have to walk to get to Taksim Square. I would definitely want to stay here again. It was a great experience.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suites, I had a junior suite ad loved it. The higher up the better the view...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrew402_13
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 9 January 2014

the hotel is fantastic!! the room (junior suite) is an appartment!! the staff is very nice!!location is near taksim square (metro) e near fantastic shop Street. the room is on 2 floor and it has a big window where you can see Istanbul skyline!!

Room Tip: location is near taksim square (metro) e near fantastic shop Street. the room is on 2 floor and it h...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 January 2014

It was a wonderful stay. The breakfast was perfect and had variety. Mrs. Esra, Guest relations manager, so helpful and kind. We changed a room due to a smell. The new one was better, with an excellent view to Vosporus and Vosporus bridge!!!
The hotel is located at a perfect place. Near to metro station and the airport bus station (Havatas).
And the next time that I will be in Istanbul, I will stay there!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and at the higher floors there is excellent view of the city!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple