“Very difficult to rate”
Review of Atik Palas Hotel

Atik Palas Hotel
Ranked #1,033 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I'm giving this hotel a '4' based primarily upon my travelling companions' experience, not mine, particularly since I neither booked the room nor paid for it.

I stayed at this hotel for five days at the beginning of May. All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. I was travelling with friends, and their room, at the front of the hotel, was large, very attractive, and had two balconies. I had a tiny single room on the top floor, under the kitchen and next to the cleaning supply closet. The kitchen staff started working at 6 a.m., the cleaning crew at 5:45 a.m. My room's only window opened onto an extremely noisy alley, which (strangely, since there seemed to be no mosque in the immediate area) contained a loudspeaker (emphasis on the loud part of that word) which played the first call to prayer around 5 a.m., since this was in early May.

We were there during Orthodox Easter weekend, so the hotels downtown were charging full freight. We traveled only by taxi (there was a metro station within easy walking distance, but unfortunately we didn't use public transportation), and it usually took at least 30 minutes to go to the main tourist areas. There were many restaurants and a nice shopping area very close to the Atik Palace. My understanding is that the rooms were quite a value compared to the prices being charged downtown. The taxi fares, however, may have leveled the playing field somewhat.

My room, although small, was quite clean. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was modern. My friends' room was old-world luxurious. Were it not for the unacceptable level of noise, I would have had a very pleasant stay.

A buffet breakfast is served on the top floor; tables are available on the adjacent balcony. The setting was attractive, and the food was good. No Turkish coffee was offered, which was the only downside. There is a small coffee bar in the hotel's lobby, but we didn't use it.

I hope to return to Istanbul -- it was a fascinating city with friendly, helpful people. And I would certainly consider staying at the Atik Palas again. But not in my old room. (Please see comments section below.)

Room Tip: Do not, under any circumstances, stay in room 501. It is directly under the kitchen, directly next...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank bedimmed

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed for 3-4 nights with my wife. It's really close Osmanbey Metro station, that you use to go to Taksim or any other center and really close to the Attaturk museum. The staff was helpful, the breakfast was amazing (the terrace, the sun shinning thru and the view), and the rooms are well kept. There's free wifi also. There were issues with heating and we went back and forth with the reception/maintenance guy on fixing it - they said they fixed it, when they didn't and somehow it never got fixed. So, the room was quite cold for December nights and this was the only drawback. Apart from this, all was good.

Room Tip: Just make sure the room has a working heating system.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viganhoxha
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My name is Randa Hafez,

I stayed with my daughter Rana 12 nights from March 3 - 14, 2013 we had terrific time , the hotel is cozy luxury you feel as if you are at home , people are very friendly and helpful , rooms are very clean , service is excellent, food is rich at the hotel restaurant, the hotel located in a luxury area , its safe to come back to the hotel even it was very late, and shopping center close, Taksim is one stop by metro from Osmanby which is our area.
We are planning to book again and recommended to our friends and family to stay in this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors rooms are better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Randa H
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Hotel is located perfectly for those who like shopping in Istanbul.
Close to Osmanbay and Metro, within walking distance to Nisantasi.
Oldstylished, fully renovated warm and clean hotel with helpful staff.
The disadvantage is size of rooms and in 402 small sleeping room is facing the wall so all day it is very dark

Room Tip: No swimming pool, nor fitness
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 943Narciarz943
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We stayed 4 nights from 9 to 13 November, mrs. Serpil offerd us suit room because of tenth anniversary day,all staff were very friendly and kind,hotel was just one stop from taksim with metro and breakast was very delicious and enough,hotel was very clean and we really very liked to stay with my wife,we absolutely suggest this nice hotel,thanks again for excellent stay...by the way; they also paid for us the taxi to come back to the airport.....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This hotel is fairly well placed in the city: close to the metro and close to Taksim square. Room was very small, but for something like 54€ per night it was pretty decent. The only problem is that the staff is very rude: they did not give me for one moment the impression that they cared about the quality of my stay.
Recommended, but only if you have a tight budget

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank LucaAdvis0r
Reviewed 20 October 2012

small rooms but nice and clean.
very good breakfast.
not really close to the most important monuments of the city.
near to the underground, but if you are on holiday with friends, probably taxi is cheaper and more comfortable than underground.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends