“Overrated. Not terrible but not great either”
Review of Seoul Restaurant

Seoul Restaurant
Ranked #453 of 13,822 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I went there tonight with my Korean gf. I lived in Seoul for 4 years so I know what Korean food tastes like.

ATMOSPHERE:
Nothing fancy. This place specializes in Korean tour groups. Not much effort on decoration or ambiance. Turkish music plays in the background.

STAFF:
The (mafia-like) Korean owner was near the entrance, not doing much. The rest of the staff are Turkish people. They were friendly and spoke some Korean (with a funny accent).

FOOD:
My gf loved the fresh side-dishes and her kimchi-jigge. The tansuyuk (sweet and sour pork) we shared was average at the very best. The veggies in my bibimbap were quite good but the rice was way too cook, giving the dish both a strange look and taste. Far from what we get in Korea.

PRICE:
We paid 100 TL (with 8 TL service automatically added to the bill!), which is exactly double what we would paid for the same (but better) dishes in Seoul. We found it overpriced even in Turkish standard.

IN SUM

I believe you will like this restaurant if either:
1) You are Korean and miss Korean food
2) You are not Korean but fed-up with kebab (and Turkish food in general)

If you are neither, but just enjoy good Korean food, don't bother. You will loose time, money, and faith in Korean food.

1  Thank eutectique
There are newer reviews for Seoul Restaurant

Reviewed 5 February 2014

From a view of native Chinese, the food offered by Seoul Restaurant taste good. We ordered a cold noodles, BBQ beef and traditional korean combination rice. I think they gave me wrong sauce of the rice. Although, the BBQ beef taste good, the amount they provided are too small. Anyway, it is a good choice to taste Korean food abroad.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

As I'm a Chinese it's always pretty hard for me to find satisfying food in foreign countries. After being fed up with local beef & chicken in Istanbul, we decided to turn our eyes back to Asian food. Since all the Chinese restaurants we could found were too faraway, we finally chose Korean food instead.
The food was really fantastic. Actually I could call it to be at a high level even if I were back in China. The taste was original and genuine, and service very nice.
The only down side was that the chopsticks were very hard to use - although I have been using them throughout my entire life LOL
In conclusion, I personally highly recommend this restaurant to all Asians who are fed up with kebabs, grills, etc. in Istanbul.

1  Thank Allen G
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A great restaurant with excellent food… The presentation of the food and the restaurant is great. Next door to Zeugma Hotel. The pineapple in the sweet and sour chicken had a nice flavor, different than the normal. Many Asians were there when I went and this is generally a good sign!

The service was great, attentive, kind and all did a great job.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

On our last night in Istanbul, my husband and I ate at the Seoul restaurant. The food was all delicious and served quickly. Even though we ordered more food here than at all the other restaurants we dined at, the price was the least. The ambience and decor may not have been the greatest, but the meal definitely made up for it. This was a great way to end our trip in Istanbul and the best Korean food I have eaten in a long time.