“Excellent location, superior service and beautiful hotel”
Review of Nuru Ziya Suites

Nuru Ziya Suites
Ranked #9 of 1,219 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Espoo, Finland
“Excellent location, superior service and beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We visited Istanbul for three nights at beginning of this April. I selected Nuru Ziya to hotel by other good reviews and by reasonable price.

Hotel is located in very small alley next to Istiklal street. So, it takes just less than five minutes to reach several good restaurants and Zillion shops! Nearest Metro station , Şişhane, is reachable in less than 10 minutes. Metro costs two liras per ride (app 0,7€) and stations and trains are clean. Clever small thing is that you can use your hotel room keycard as a travel card where you can load money for travelling. Two liras is cost with this card (istanbul card) and it is not personal, so up to 5 person can travel at same time with one card.

Our room was upgraded from suite to executive suite and next is for this room type.
Room was located in third of four floors at corner of the building. Windows were to street. Room itself was pretty large, about 35sqm, including small well equipped kitchen, lounge area with sofa and tv. Bed was seperated from rest of the room by string curtain. Bathroom had a shower and bath. And it was clean also.

Bed was maybe the best i've slept in any hotel. Thou if you are heavy, you might find bed too soft.

Only negative thing about the room was noise isolation between rooms. In bathroom, ventilation shaft was located so thaT you were almost able to see to next bethroom and definitely hear everything whats happening there. Thanks to very rigid bathroom door, problem stays in bathroom only.

Hotel as general is small, nice and clean. Breakfast was very light.

Absolutely top thing in hotel was the people working there for you. We are so thankful for Halil for raising our stay in Istanbul to next level. He truly did his best to help us to get all out of our stay.

No need to say that next time we are visiting Istanbul, Nuru Ziya Suites is our choise for hotel.

Thank you guys and see you again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antti_rrr
Emre G, Owner at Nuru Ziya Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
We are very happy that we made your visit and stay at our NURU ZİYA SUİTES a happy and pleasant one..And of course that you enjoyed it..Thanks for writing a review and sharing your nice comments..The "big" Halil is very happy also and Halil and the rest of us, we send you our best regards and we hope to see you soon again..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
St. Gallen, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

It was modern, stylish and extremely comfortable. The room was always made up nicely, breakfast was plentiful and they gave us a travel card when we arrived that we could top up to use on the tram and metro. Good location-off the main shopping street but still near the tram to the main sites.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eoindc
Emre G, Owner at Nuru Ziya Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thanks for taking time and writing a review..It is very important for us to know our guests' views and experiences with our NURU ZİYA SUİTES. And of course we are very happy that you wrote nice comments and most importantly you enjoyed your stay with us..Thanks again and see you next time..
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This little Suite has the perfect location, if you want to be close to Istiklal street and Taxim Square. Where it's always happening, pretty crowded and many place to wine and dine or shop. It's the city! Very nicely designed in a modern contemporary style. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. In case you have forgotten your gadgets, there is even an iPAD to help you utilize the free wifi they offer. I had amazing 4 nights at this place and made very good friends for life. Hilal, a big man with a free soft heart. The world needs a lot more people like you and please take care of that heart of yours. I thank you very much for the kindest hospitality I have received Turkish style :-) -- I will not forget and will keep in touch. --- Oh breakfast could be better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Emre G, Owner at Nuru Ziya Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
We believe that you can have the best location, best amenities, best decoration, best breakfast, best bed and so on but without the right personal touch it can not be complete..That is why our biggest assets are "big" Halil with a big heart and our Derya, Gorgis, Esin, Sunay..."Big" Halil is very happy and Halil and we all thank you for your comments and we all hope to see you again at your home in Istanbul, NURU ZİYA SUİTES.
dubai
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel at the end of February and the whole experience from when we got there till we left was just lovely.

Let me start with the staff and the reception: The staff at this hotel are just great, from the reception to the housekeeping everyone had a very positive and helpful attitude. We arrived late at night and we had asked the guy at the reception if there were any close restaurants as we were too tired to walk a long way. He gave us some options and even informed us that some restaurants make deliveries so we told him what we wanted and he contacted the restaurant and arranged for the whole delivery! Every time we had any questions regarding where to go and what to do the staff were always on hand to give us advice and information. The day we were leaving we had packed our bags and checked out planning to come bag in the evening to pick them up. The person at the reception was nice enough to leave our bags in the room the whole day since it was not booked and even let us go up to use the bathroom etc before leaving.

Now for the lobby and dining area, this is a boutique style hotel on a quite side street in the city so the atmosphere is very chilled out and casual kind of like being in your own living room. The interiors are very modern and stylish with interesting bookshelves, couches and chairs in the lobby. Even the people that work there have a very casual attitude and quite stylish themselves! The dining area is simple and it overlooks a small courtyard. It has no views but then again this is a boutique style hotel like I mentioned on a quiet street.

The rooms are quite modern and very clean, with very comfortable beds. They are of a good size (we had booked a suite) However one comment I would have about the rooms is that if you look closely in the bathroom the finishing is not so great around the shower area so that can be improved and the lighting is a bit dim. One morning we woke up and there was no hot water we called reception and the issue was fixed in 5 minutes. I know that not having hot water is a big problem but this hotel with its amazing atmosphere and great staff really made this a minor issue and their maintenance literally fixed it in no time!

The food at breakfast was very good. They had different types of pastries and cheeses and vegetables. They also had jams and scrambled eggs. The variety is not a lot, they could add some waffles and pancakes for example however it all tasted very good. Again the service was great in the restaurant.

As for location it is excellent. As i mentioned at the beginning it is located on a quiet side street but at the same time it is a 5 minute walk from istiklal street which is very happening and full of restaurants and shops and from there you can easily take a taxi to all the tourist attractions like grand bazaar bosphorus etc….

I would defenitley stay in Nuruziya next time I visit Istanbul. Its super modern, stylish, clean and cozy and the service and reception staff are second to none.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank roamer35
Emre G, Owner at Nuru Ziya Suites, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Tamara...Thanks a lot for your great comments..All is shared with all our friends. We all are happy that you enjoyed your stay with NURU ZİYA SUİTES..And we definitely noted your comment about the final finishing at the shower ends and we will deal with it..With our bets regards and hope to see you again..
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Best experience so far! ;)
The staff was so friendly and helpful, the room and the whole hotel was very modern, clean and comfortable and it's located in the best area in town.
Highly recommend to everyone who travel to istanbul.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank GedeonIsepy
Emre G, Owner at Nuru Ziya Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thanks from all of us to you for nice comments..Believe us that matters a lot..Hope to see you soon again and take care..
Podgorica
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am afraid that I have found more faults with than I would have compliments for this hotel.

However, to start with the good points: All compliments certainly go to the excellent, smiling and extremely helpful reception staff who are definitely the best asset of this hotel! My standard room was of a decent size compared to many others I had stayed in when in Istanbul. I booked it through booking.com and I regret to say that the hotel is really overrepresented there - the standard room is actually quite different from what you see in the pictures.The bed was extremely comfortable, closet of a decent size, safe deposit box included. The furniture is new and room is well decorated and modern. Espresso coffee making machine is available, as well as an iPod station. The room was clean and towels changed daily, as well as bed sheets (however, upon a request). You also get a good selection of TV channels and that's about it. The hotel is decently positioned for shopping and dining in Ishtiklal, however, a bit hard to find if you are not a local.

Now, to go to the faults I found with this hotel. First of all, even before you enter your room, you are 'greeted' by an unpleasant smell in the elevator. As I entered my room I realised that I did not get 'a paved courtyard' as advertised with a standard room, but a room at the 3rd floor with a fire escape through something that looked more like a window than a door - therefore I could actually access the in-court staircase and that's all! There wasn't a sofa in the room either, only a desk and two chairs. I should have probably booked the suite. The bathroom was of a decent size, however, the shower was incredibly small and don't expect to fit in it or to have a shower without ending up in bruises unless you weigh less than 60kg! There weren't any basic toiletries for women either (no shower cap, nail file, cotton buds for make-up removal, body lotion or similar,), which are actually considered to be a standard in all good hotels around the world. You only get shower gel and soap dispensers which were more than half empty upon my arrival and never filled or replaced during my stay! You also get slippers, but no bathrobes. No iron or ironing board. However, what irritated me most, and that is something I have never seen before in the world, was a water heater in the room (hidden in the closet next to the desk, surprise!) and water pipes all over the room, I felt so unsafe there, I felt as if something was going to blow up any moment! The water heater went on and off all night making unbearable noise so that the only way to turn it off was to take the key card out of the electricity socket, which I did on the second night, after having 'survived' one night at 45 degrees Centigrade. When you take your key card out, you do 'kill' the water heater, but you also do not have any heating in the room all night and have to freeze - what a bliss in January! On Saturday, the noise from what they claim to be one of the best disco bars in the city was unbearable, I could not sleep until 4 AM, so unless you are a party animal, do avoid this hotel. As I was not able to sleep at night due to the above-mentioned problems, I overslept breakfast twice, but what I found on the third day was more than unsatisfactory - a very basic breakfast you would not expect from such a 'great' hotel. Luckily, you can find good dining places in Ishtiklal to make up for it. All in all, as I am accustomed to excellent hotels around the world, I sincerely believe that for 202.00 EUR for 3 nights I could have found a better, less overrepresented and overpriced hotel in Istanbul and I do not think I will return to this one, even if it had the last available room in Istanbul!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank dragon_girl67
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Nuru Ziya offers everything a modern sophisticated traveller could want, and more! I booked directly with the hotel which was easy and efforless and offered our 7th night for free with a complimentary transfer to the hotel from the airport. Staff always promptly replied to my many confirmatory emails (Type A personality!)

Location - couldnt have asked for better!! We specifically chose this location to be within walking distance to the bustling Taksim Square and Istiklal Street especially at night. It literally takes you two minutes to reach the hub of Istiklal Street and Taksim, and about 5 minutes to reach the trams which is just down one road and doesn't require any intense navigation. There are also many quaint coffee shops, restaurants, beautiful home stores and small supermarkets and fruit stalls which surround the area (apart from istiklal) so you never have to walk far if you need anything.

First impression - fantastic! Our experience was very positive as the driver was on time waiting for us at the airport and very friendly along our drive to the airport. Check in (and check out) was effortless. Do not expect an initimidating Four Seasons lobby experience. Nuru Ziya very much has the feel of a home away from home with a chic modern lobby and not the pomp and grandeur, and might I add arrogance, of other hotels. We were warmly welcomed and offered fresh Turkish coffee by the ever helpful Gorgis upon arrival. There were not tons of paperwork which I appreciated.

Rooms - We booked an Executive Suite. For the price we paid, I felt we got a bargain considering the room size, amenities and location when compared to other hotels. Rooms have a chic New York loft type feel which appealed to me. Wooden floors, a tiny kitchenette offering you enough services that you may require, flat screen tv, lovely lounge area and balcony, ipad, and a modern bathroom. The room was big enough for us to spend a week in with tons of luggage and not feel cramped at any time. Beds were good with fluffy pillows and good linens. I always look out for hotel slippers and was relieved to find them!

The lighting in the bathroom was a bit dull and could be improved, so could the bathroom supplies. Our towels were inconsistently replaced which should not have been the case however housekeeping was obliging to rectify when we called.

Breakfast - Basic but suffcient. I do believe it is a standard across Turkey and not specific to Nuru Ziya. Croissants, boiled eggs, cold meats, cheeses, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, some bread and yoghurt on offer, together with tea, coffee and juices - all self service. Like I said, not "luxury" breakfast but more homely.

The atmosphere at Nuru Ziya is very relaxed and inviting. There are many modern spaces dotted around the hotel for your use which is casual and not intimidating. Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable when asked for assistance with the trams. Do be sure to ask for a card to use at the trams which offers a discount. Note that the walk from the trams to the hotel is a steep uphill which some may struggle with, Having said that, if you are patient and take it slowly you will be just fine - do not let that deter you from booking!

I will most certainly return to NuruZiya on my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank zajhbfemme
Emre G, Owner at Nuru Ziya Suites, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for nice comments about us..We do appreciate it because it is very important for us and our motivation..Your review has been shared with all my friends at NURU ZİYA SUİTES..Lighting in the bathrooms being dull noted. By the way, for your information, we started also serving some hot plates (scrambled eggs and sausages) and fresh fruits for our breakfast..We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again..Best regards..