“A Beautiful Palace :)”

Sultan Tughra Hotel
Ranked #124 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I spent a week at this beautiful Ottoman style hotel straight after the new year, and I was looked after like a true sultan! The Manager Mr Mert is very kind, efficient, professional and he truly cares about all visitors, making sure they are comfortable and happy. Mert and his staff make the environment very relaxed, and keep this small boutique hotel in an immaculately clean condition at all times. The decoration shown in the photos was the main attraction before I booked to stay, but seeing the decor in real life is mesmerising! I absolutely LOVED my stay here and I will return as soon as I can :) I highly recommend this perfect little palace, as a get away from the stress of everyday life. Thank you Mert, and all the staff for giving me a great start to 2014, S.H - London - UK

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sabi H

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Charming little hotel, literally a couple of blocks away from the Blue Mosque. The hotel is located on a quite side street. You are greeted with some Turkish Delight and a bottle of wine, and the staff is alway very eager to assist you with any questions or requests you may have. The room we stayed in had a large mirror on the ceiling as part of the decor, which may or may not be to everyones liking :). If you do stay here, and are planning to travel by taxi, have a print out with a map and the hotel on it. Not all taxi drivers know the hotel or the little street that it's on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dimitri O
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Sultan Tughra hotel is a small boutique hotel, only 9 rooms and all of them are decorated in a "sultan style", lots of deep red and gold is every where, the wall papers, the big mirrors and lovely old style phone.
The bath room has a shower only with a very strong stream of hot water- that was lovely.

We were afraid that the red and gold  would be over the top for us but it was the opposite, we loved the decoration.
In our arrival we had a lovely red wine - supplementary along side with some nuts.

The rooms and the hotel is heated 24 hours and it felt very Cousy. The receptionist - Mert is a lovely guy that would help you if you need any help or have any request, always with a smile and if it's appropriate he will joke with you on whatever subject. ( I learnt from him a word or two in Turkish in exchange to okey dockey, which he said that he will never forget).

Our stay was great, but there are a few little things that we think that can make the experience even better; the breakfast is a bit boring and a bit basic: small pieces of cheese, tiny pieces of bread, eggs... It could be nice to get the option for big slices of bread and a toaster, or a fruit salad, or anything sweet to finish off the breakfast, different cheese everyday etc.
Also we got a towel with a big hole in the middle- a shame to miss it.

Overall, lovely hotel, perfect for couples who want to have a relaxing in a quite
Area.

Room Tip: The hotel is located down hills, not good for people with foot problems
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nil F
Reviewed 26 December 2013

first i would like to thanks Mr.Mert in the hotel
he was helpful in all things
the hotel will be 5 star not 4 star
it was excellent
i am very happy to stay in this hotel
also the breakfast was very nice

Room Tip: deluxe room on the first floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the Sultan Tughra in Sultanahmet. This is was the perfect place for our stay and was especially a great value! The hotel is clean, quirky, and close to all of the sites in Sultanahmet. However, it is also tucked in a tiny, quaint, and quiet neighborhood in the very south of Sultanahmet, which gives it a slightly more local feel than if you were staying right in the heart of all of the hotels and other tourist areas in Sultanahmet. There is an amazing local fish restaurant right down the street, which was easily the best meal we had in all of Turkey! Also, the hotel manager Mert was incredibly hospitable, helpful, and friendly. Knowing that we were on our anniversary, he upgraded us, which was incredibly generous of him. I definitely recommend Sultan Tughra, especially if you're on a relatively limited budget... again, it's great value for your travel dollar!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zhp79
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Sultan Tughra Hotel is truly a gem. The prices are reasonable, the hotel rooms very clean and the service is unbeatable. I wish I could take this hotel with me for all my travels. From the get-go the hotel manager made it very clear that our comfort and satisfaction was key and he did not disappoint.

We rented two rooms in the hotel- one of my husband and myself and an adjacent room for my in-laws.

The rooms were smaller (as expected for Europe) but were clean. The beds were very comfortable. The hotel was decorated traditionally which we enjoyed. The breakfast was filling.

It’s conveniently located 10 mins walking from Blue Mosque and 5 mins walking from the sea. We couldn’t help but feel lucky that we found this place. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The Sultan Tughra is a fantastic boutique hotel! The service and hospitality were exceptional and the rooms were clean and well appointed. Mert and his team were helpful, friendly and caring hosts. I highly recommend the Sultan Tughra and I can't wait to go back!
Jeremy