“A jewelry Box in Istanbul”
Review of Taya Hatun Hotel

Taya Hatun Hotel
Ranked #109 of 1,070 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2012

my friend and i stayed for 7 days in July, we chose this hotel from tripadvisor. We wanted to discover the historical area in Istanbul thats why we chose this hotel. And it was a good decision cause we didnt dispappointed. This hotel is a very small Boutique Hotel, with a very kindly and helpfully staff. The room was very clean and comfotable. we had a very great and memorable time in Istanbul, also because of the hotel, cause it was very nearly to the historical area, so we had enough time to discover everything what we want. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Taya Hatun Hotel

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I stayed at Taya Hatun solo for 3 nights in September 2012. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. Serken was so gracious and when I arrived, gave me the map I wore out until it was ripped apart as well as tour and show options if I so desired. He was extremely helpful whenever I had a question, which were many.
The location is perfect, 5-10 min walk to all the main sites and close to a tram stop allowing me to travel anywhere I wanted to go, even across the Golden Horn to Beloygu or to the Grand Bazaar without taking a taxi. It was also within walking distance to the Hodjapasha Cultural Center where the Turkish dance show was performed which I recommend to anyone interested in that kind of thing. It blew me away.
The room is clean and everything I needed which was a place to fall asleep. I would have loved a bit more option at breakfast time but then if I wanted a ritzy buffet I would have stayed at a big hotel. All in all, great time, great place. Love, love loved it!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank brusie
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Stayed solo for 3 nights last June.
The hotel is 5-10 minute walking distance from Hagia Sophia et. al., the central train station (Sirkeci), and the tram leading to almost all of Istanbul's historic attractions. Also 20 minute walk to Beylogu.
Very hospitable staff/management - Turkish style. Hotel looks like it was built last year and room/toilets cleaned yesterday.
My only grief is that you have to remember locking the room manually before leaving.

Room Tip: The single-person bedroom I stayed had view of the Old Fortress Wall. Not sure if the suites on the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Taya Hatun Hotel for 7 nights 16 to 23 June, we chose the hotel thanks to tripadvisor reviewers for our 1st ever trip to Turkey and were not disappointed, this is a small Boutique Hotel which offers the personal touch without intrusion on privacy.
Even before we arrived the owner Mehmet had made us feel welcome with his enthusiastic to meet us response to my email requesting transport from the airport, and this continued during the stay.
We stayed in a deluxe double (301) and found it to be exactly that, spacious, very clean (thanks to Erson), king size bed, great jacuzzi bath and separate shower plentiful hot water, room safe, seating area, plasma TV with 814 channels but only BBC world news and CNN in English, free Wi Fi and free use of laptop in reception 24/7 manned.
The same hospitality applied to all his staff who were friendly and made us feel so at home there was great advice about the city from Serkan and Ozan on reception, Semiha provided us with our breakfast which was plentiful and more that adequate to start the day, cereals, cheeses and meats with excellent breads, Turkish dishes, cakes, fruits fresh and dried, unlimited tea coffee or orange juice.
The location could not be better near all the historic sights in the old city such like the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazar, Sultanahamet Square etc.
We are a mature couple and found Istanbul a safe city to walk in day and night, the tram stop is 3 min walk and a great way around the city, 2TL for a token per trip whatever the amount of stops.
Take the Funicular to Iskilal Street and walk to Taksim Sq they are a must see and are packed out day and night but good to get back to the relative peace of Sultanahamet.
We loved Istanbul and Taya Hatun and will be returning to both, I would recommend this Hotel and hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did, we found it perfect.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TrevorWestSussex
Reviewed 17 June 2012

i stayed as solo for 4 nights at this hotel and find it exactly as great as all other reviews. just to add, if you are looking for budget vs (cozy, boutique, great location(old city 3 min to tram ) , good breakfast , excellent staff and very clean ) hotel, then It is the place. Owner and manager is almost 24/7 available and always more than happy to assist you in whatever you think you need. I would recommend this hotel to solo, couple, and small families.
Enjoy your stay !!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I stayed at Tayahatun Hotel with my wife in our honeymoon for 4 nights during 13 to 17 th May,2012. I found it excellent hotel, near from all sights in the old city such like Sultanahmet Mosque, Ayasophia Museum, Topkapi Palace, Gulhane Park, Yerebetan, Hipdrom ... etc.
The staff was very kind and co-operative and super fine, room were very clean and all facilities were perfect (king size bed, Wi-fi ,Clean bathroom with hot water, slippers, hair drier... ). Also the breakfast was substantial and contains many lovely Turkish food.
In summary it was an excellent value for money accommodation, and we were extremely satisfied. I would recommend it to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Very close to word of perfect of the perfect ,, Rich break fast , No 1 .friendly staff and very helpfulll ,, work so great for solo traveler , family , and for touristic visit .. main thing for business traveler reliable intrenet for freeeeeeeeeee......

Room Tip: they are all perfect , clean , perfect tv , and good hot shower room ,
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business