“Wonderful hotel”

Hagia Sophia Hotel Istanbul Old City
Ranked #167 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean. All furnitures and materials are new. Staffs are very kindly. Location is wonderful. If you stay there you can reach all touristic place by walk. Sleeping quality is high. I didn't want wake up when I stayed there. Price is normal. I advise this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Just next to the entrance of the Topkapi palace
the rest you should see yourself
It' maybe the first Pension/hotel to start up in the Old City.Refurbished.. Its just gets me into the sightseeing mode and so for my friends.
Good breakfast
Confortable and authentic

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Selmito
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great hotel, superb location (walking distance to Blue Mosque and Hagia sophia), service was on-par with a fantastic continental breakfast in the mornings (so much variety!). All in all a perfect place to stay

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank S K
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have been to Istanbul on many business visits but this time I really stayed in the best hotel. I found this stunning hotel by accident after a complete disaster booking in another hotel. Not only was the staff extremely helpful with great English communication skills, I also got a really good rate for such a fine establishment just a couple of meters away from the awesome Hagia Sophia. What magic to open my window every morning and so close I could almost touch it.
The rooms were an absolute delight for me. VERY spacious, newly and modernly furnished with an impressive rear view mirror projected TV (1st ever). My room had a Nespresso coffee machine and the pods were replenished every day. I LOVE my coffee. The bed was just the way I like it - huge and soft with crisp white linen.
The hotel is extremely conveniently located. Within very easy walking distance of just about every possible attraction. A block away from the tram stop, around the conrner from 2 Starbucks and my ultimate treat, the oldest and best hamam in Istanbul - Cagaloglu (expensive but worth every cent). The hotel is situated in an area with lots of nice restaurants - my favourite on every trip is the Sultanahmet Fish House.
There is no doubt in my mind that I will happily return to this hotel for all future trips and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I went there on a weekend. I wanted a place close to the main attractions in Istanbul. The hotel is not too far from the stop of tram (mainly 3 minutes by walking).

The rooms are big and clean. The beds are very comfy.
The people at the reception are not always nice.
the breakfast was quite rich, they offer several kind of fruits and various food.

it was not high season, so it was calm.

I loved the room design. it is modern yet very warm. The bathroom are properly equipped and spacious.

It is in the heart of all attractions, it is surrounded by good choice of restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view on Hagia sophia
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This property has a great location nearby or Istanbul important attractions. Rooms are spacious modernly furnished. Double beds are not available throughout the property. Housekeeping is not up to expected. Room service is average. I still think this property is great for solo travellers who are interested in seeing all important historical attractions in Istanbul.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ahmad A
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I arrived 6 hours early, and still they managed to get me a room within a couple of hours. They also offered me a complementary breakfast while I waited for the room, so top marks for the helpful staff on in the daytime. The hotel itself is brand new, the rooms absolutely stunning. The bathrooms again have one of the best showers I've ever used, with 3 different shower types (yes you read that right 3!!) and there is also a built in bidet as standard in Istanbul. The corridors, the reception, the terrace, breakfast room, again marble and new fittings are everywhere, it feels like a palace. There is also an English pub attached to the hotel, which also serves non-alcoholic cocktails and food. This was a nice relaxing place where you could chill after the frenetic busyness of Sultanahmet. One of my friends also arrived very late, but the kitchen especially opened up and cooked her a delicious meal, so again top marks for service. Now after you are vowed by the stunning hotel, comes the real USP for this place. The location. You are literally on the street of the Hagia Sophia, probably a 2 min walk, also the Basilica Cistern is on this street, with the Blue Mosque about 10 min walk, past the Hippodrome. This hotel is the best to explore Sultanahmet, and the tram is nearby if you need to go anywhere else. Really can’t recommend this enough for the location, and the hotel. Between us we had 3 rooms, and there were 2 women in our party, the staff were very courteous and polite always. There was no weirdness as has been suggested in a previous review. And when (God Willing) I return to Istanbul I will stay here again! Oh and breakfast has tons of choice too.

Room Tip: There is some construction going on, but honestly it didn't disturb me or my friends. A room hig...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends