Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
getaroom.com
US$413
View deal
TripadvisorUS$413
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2014

Hagia Sophia Hotel Istanbul Old City is located 5 minutes’ walk from Sultanahmet Square/The Hagia Sophia/Hippodrome/Cistern/Blue Mosque and the Palace. You don't need to take a cab to visit these sites. The Hotel has very comfortable and sparkling clean rooms, 24 hour room service and an excellent front desk/concierge service that assists you in making tour reservations. The location is excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank smriti20142014
Reviewed 16 November 2014

As we are avid explorers of cities by walking around, a friend (an Istanbul resident) has recommended this hotel and it was the best possible choice. It is so centrally located in the Old City, that anything closer to Hagia Sophia would be actually in its courtyard. All the attractions of the old city of Istanbul are a stone throw's away: the mentioned Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, the Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern... The hotel is a gem. Modern, with subdued Oriental elegance and few nice touches, such as TV screen embedded in the big mirror opposite the bed... It is clean and well maintained, the staff is very polite and helpful (from offering to organise our transfer from and to the airport, to giving us necessary information about getting around the city).
Also, a lot of good places ti eat are all around, but one has to be careful when choosing, as there are a lot of rip offs...
Definitively, we would recommend this hotel and go back there.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SvetlanaM
Reviewed 15 November 2014

As others have stated, the location is perfect to see the major sights of the old city (Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Spice Bazaar, and Topkapi Palace) as well as convenient tram access. However, to simply acknowledge location as the hotel's greatest asset does a huge injustice to the outstanding staff at the hotel; particularly those at the front desk. While all were friendly, accommodating, and helpful, Utku is the gold standard of everything a guest services professional should be. He went far above and beyond at every turn and is reason enough to stay at the Hagia Sophia Old City Istanbul and to recommend it wholeheartedly to others.He didn't even laugh or snicker (although I told him he could) after I couldn't get into my room...because I was was a floor off and it wasn't my room :-) . Also, the hotel was clean and well appointed. This trip ended up being a solo trip and I felt quite safe and secure at the hotel.

In order to give a full and accurate description of all of my stay, I reluctantly mention that upon checkout there were some inaccurate charges for mini-bar usage. I truly believe this was an honest mistake and after I explained to them that I am not a Miller in a can kind of girl and absolutely did not partake of anything in the mini-bar, the charges were dismissed.

Room tip: The deluxe corner room offers a great Hagia Sophia view. I would ask for the 3rd floor for the best view. My room was on the second floor and trees partially obstructed the view.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank ghiaaa
Reviewed 9 November 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel one month in advance and i got a great price. The hotel is is insanely close to all the magnificent landmarks and bazaars of Istanbul.
I literally had to walk 100 steps to the Cistern Basilica. It took ne less than 5 min. To check in. The bell captain was polite and very helpful, he showed me to my room and explained to me how everything worked.
My room had a great view on the old part of the ancient city. The window was big and i could see the Top Cape palace and tHagia Sofia clearly.
The room had a Nespresso machine with two free capsules supplied each night for free along with two bottles of water. The bed was super comfy and the TV was embeded in the mirror. So you dont see it unless you switch it on which is kinda hip and cool.

If you are looking for a hotel with a great value and a great location with boutique like facilities and design, then this is the hotel for you.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MahmoudElkotb
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Unfortunately we stayed in this hotel only one night, but I think we will go there again, next time we travel to Istanbul. It's simply fantastic from all points of view: location (just in the middle of the old city, in the pedestrian area, few minutes walk from the main attractions); cleanliness (it's clean and scented both in the common areas and in the room); room dimension (our room was large and comfortable like a suite); interior design (the hotel has beautiful furnitures and decorations). Moreover, the windows are big making the room very shiny, the bathroom is perfect, and breakfast in delicious, offering both local and international food.
Personnel is very kind and helpful. We loved to saty in this hotel!

Date of stay: August 2014