“A wonderful find in Sultanahmet”
Review of Iznik Classics

Ranked #80 of 537 Shopping in Istanbul
Evanston, Illinois USA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“A wonderful find in Sultanahmet”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I was led to visit this shop by a beautiful display in my hotel, just two blocks away. Doing business here was a welcome respite from the relentless salesmen who prey on hapless tourists in this part of town. The artwork is beautiful and varied, and available in a reasonably broad range of prices. The quality of everything seemed to be top-notch.

I worked with a wonderful gentlemen named Harun, who greeted me and went out of his way to show me the available kaftan sculptures, despite ongoing renovation work in the shop. (The shop, by the way, is beautiful and very peaceful.) I left without buying on my first visit, with a promise to return. When I did return two days later, rather short of time (airport departure day), Harun recalled everything about our discussion, and I happily left shortly thereafter, having purchased three items. This was on a Friday, and the DHL shipment reached my home in the Chicago area the following Monday, at least one day ahead of the promised arrival.

I have NEVER seen a better-packed shipment, by the way. Absolutely no way the contents would have been damaged.

I will certainly visit Iznik Classics during my next visit to Istanbul, and strongly recommend this fine store to all.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank jpzeller

Menomonie, Wisconsin
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Works of art, in tile”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

If you are looking for that perfect souvenir, these artrisan tiles capture the patterns and places of Istanbul. In the grand bazaar, and worth finding.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank widad11
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tiles were beautiful but negotiations would have been required...better at museum shops”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Prices were too high and haggling would have been required. Recommend you use museum shops which is whee we purchased lovely Iznik tiles at reasonable prices. Government sets prices in these shops and we got lovely things for appropriate prices which was great as I wasn't in the mood for the big negotiations which I know are otherwise required.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Charlotte H
Kingston, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful Tiles”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

These tiles are truly beautiful & different. They have been made in the same way for hundreds of years. Just look your choice over very carefully before they pack it. Ours had a couple of chips in it that we didn't see before they packed it

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Zywot
Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Superb selection and quality”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The best place for Iznik tiles: there are three shops, two are very close to the Four Seasons Sultanahmet. There are four floors and a basement display area of the BEST classic and contemporary tiles/ceramics you will see in Istanbul.
They are relatively costly, which reflects the very high quality and skill of the artists: having said that recent reviews in Verandah and Achitectural Digest extoll the beauty and desirability of these pieces.
Beat a path to their door: you will not be dissappointed!

Visited April 2012