“it is not a 5 star hotel”
Review of WOW Istanbul Hotel

Ranked #257 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 26 May 2014

pros- walking distance to the fair ground. Wifi was working in the room too. The guest relation officer was very nice, she tried a lot to make us feel comfortable. One lady alone cant do much.

cons- The room decor was very average. for a double room the free water bottle was only 33ml (kids size) that too only 1. there is no iron in the room, no tissue box in the room. One day they forgot to put shower gel in the bathroom. Next day they forgot to put shower cap in the room. They did not clean the coffee mug. The breakfast is horrible for a 5 star standard. when asked for eggs with vegetables, we got eggs with ham. this is my 12 trip to istanbul and my first stay in wow istanbul. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Tweety1106
WOWIST, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at WOW Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel.

We are very sorry that some aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations and you rated our hotel with three stars. We always do our best to surround our precious guests with attention and friendly service. Your both positive and negative comments have been taken into serious consideration and reviewed with related departments and Management. Necessary actions has been taken in order to improve our services and meet your expectations.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and prove that we can serve you better.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent value and highly recommended if you need a place near the airport Ataturk. Wi-Fi works well, nice pool and gym on 16th floor. At the reception and in the restaurant the staffs are very professional and courteous. The breakfast was very delicious. Fantastic king size bed in the room. In general it is a really wonderful place to stay and I definitely recommend to all my colleagues.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ElenaTrach

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the WOW Istanbul Hotel during your recent visit to Istanbul and for submitting your wonderful review about our hotel.

It is a great pleasure to hear that you had a lovely visit, enjoying all the facilities and services offered. We appreciate your positive comments about our team members. Be sure it is the greatest compliment for us as we are always pleased to be at your service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and extend once again the well-known Turkish hospitality standards.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice hotel close to the airport and close to the exhibition centre .
Free shuttle bus from and come to the airport
Nice good position for take the fly early in the morning
With taxi you are in the centre in 15 minutes
Well suggestion
Thanks

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
WOWIST, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at WOW Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It is a great pleasure to hear that you had a lovely visit, enjoying the facilities and services offered.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband & I stayed here on our final night on our visit to Turkey in April 2014, &
were happy to stay in such a well-run hotel. The hotel appeared more impressive
than what we had expected. It is a real 5 star hotel. All rooms are renovated, spacious and well equipped. Breakfast buffet is rich & high quality. Friendly & very helpful staff. The location of the hotel is far from the city center but there is a metro station just in front of the
hotel, it needs an half an hour to get to historical part. Unfortunately we did
not had a lot of time to get there. In the evening we spent our time in swimming pool and hamam area, clean & relaxing. Also there are some cafes & restaurants near

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marina A

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the WOW Istanbul Hotel during your recent visit to Istanbul and for submitting your review about our hotel.

Kind Regars,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is supposed to be the 5-star partner of the neighbouring WOW Airport But it is not nearly a 5-star hotel or hotel experience. I think they try and the service is OK and the people are nice but the rooms, food, executive lounge and amenities are poor, 3-star at best. If they consider this 5-star I can only imagine what the sister 4-star WOW Airport is like. I shudder about that.
I am here at the hotel now for a conference in the attached conference centre. I checked in last night. Room is OK but again not even 4-star by my impression. No a/c so I had to change rooms today after a sweltering night as the climate system was blowing hot air all night. No chair for the desk. Meagre workspace. Barely enough room for a computer. The executive lounge is hardly worthwhile. Cold hot snacks were awful. Breakfast was meagre. No one could speak English in the lounge. I paid extra for this lounge access, of course, but it is certainly not what one expects and especially not at a "5-star" hotel.
So in summary, take this place with a grain of salt but do not expect anything close to 5-star experience whatsoever.

4  Thank mrisin
WOWIST, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at WOW Istanbul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry that some aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations and you rated our hotel with two stars. We always do our best to surround our precious guests with attention and friendly service. Your both positive and negative comments have been taken into serious consideration and reviewed with related departments and Management. Necessary actions has been taken in order to improve our services and meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope that you will stay with us in the nearest future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I only ended up here because the Elite World Business Hotel was overbooked and did not want to honor my reservation (that's another story; I did not stay in EWBH, so I won't review them, but I was not pleased at my treatment there) so they sent me here free of charge, claiming it was a five-star hotel. I don't know if I was in the "five-star" wing or the "four-star" wing, but I would say that the Wow Hotel was "fine" but not "wow". Staff at reception were fine but not incredibly warm; the lobby was fine but not particularly impressive, and the room was fine but not wonderful. The room has a sealed glass case from which one can buy essentials like razors, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. In my experience, high-class hotels usually provide these free of charge if a traveler forgets them, so I found the glass case a bit tacky. Without asking me or informing me, the hotel gave me a room with two single beds, instead of a big, comfortable double or queen. In short, the hotel is fine, but I did not feel like a special customer. That's not the end of the world, but the best hotels really go all out to make their guests feel welcome. The big selling point is that the Wow Hotel is a five-minute cab ride, at most, from the airport (the shuttle does not run until 6 a.m., I believe); very convenient for early flights.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if you are in the five-star or four-star wing, as the website leads you to believe th...
1  Thank JUD-Turkey

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reviewing the WOW Istanbul Hotel on Tripadvisor. Your feedback is important and we are grateful for the time taken to share your experience with us.

We are sorry to read that your previous stay has not been satisfactory. Please accept our apologies. Your comments have been taken into serious consideration and reviewed with related departments. Please be assured that necessary corrective actions will be taken.

Wow Istanbul Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel has a very good location very close to the airport. Shuttle service is available. At night the frequency is only each hour which is not enough if you missed the last one for 5 minutes. I had to take a taxi!
Noisy rooms maybe because ther was a broken window which didn't allow a perfect closure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ehotel.de
2  Thank Emmanuel H