Faros Hotel Taksim
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsistiklal streetgreat hotelmetro stationboutique hotelspecial thanksrooms are cleaninternet connectionmurattaksimmrtaxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Perfect choice of hotel & location for a short stay in Istanbul. The rooms are comfortable, contemporary and compact, but all you need for a city break. They have made the best use of the space available. The breakfast buffet provided is plentiful. The hotel is in a good location and a short walk from Taksim square, restaurants, shops and bars. The staff were very welcoming, always friendly and couldn't of helped us enough. Only downside was the stairway echoes at night and any noise people make at night in the lobby/stairs could be heard in our room on the second floor. Overall it's great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EKP90
farostaksim, Yönetici at Faros Hotel Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write review ,considering our hotel facilities and service , on tripadvisor.

We hope to host you in our hotel again with an unforgettable memories and would be really pleased to see you again here.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Faros hotel was a really an extraordinary experience starting from the hotel entrance and all the way up to the rooms. It's a small boutique hotel that offers all the comfort and high quality service that you need for a very reasonable price.
The staff are super helpful and kind, especially Murat, Zafer and Zahir, who assisted us very kindly and professionally in everything we requested, sorted out our transportation to the airport, and helped us feel welcome and at home. After we checked out, my friend and I had to go back and forth to the hotel to put our shopping bags and then go out again. They would welcome us with a big smile every time.
The internet was great, the breakfast really nice and the ambiance special. The room is of decent size and the bed is very comfortable.
I would definitely go there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view on the main street are really nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. Faros Hotel team would like to thank about your extremely valuable observation about our hotel facilities and services provided by our staff.

All our staff sends you the warmest regards and hopes to see you soon again. ( Zafer, Zahir, Murat )

Reviewed 20 January 2014

No need for many words as if I commented on all the amazing service and things I loved about Faros I'd be here all day. As soon as I stepped foot into Faros I knew it was the hotel for me. From its funky, modern décor to the friendly plump "perfectly English speaking" reception guy. I asked for a room with a balcony and did I get a balcony. Room 802 is amazing. I had been walking in and out of hotels checking out the rooms in person as the pics online never tell the truth and Faros rooms are massive compared to most the same price. I was there with 16 friends and checked out all the rooms and they are all impressive yet 802 was the kings room :) I could easily fit 8 people in there comfortably and the best thing about it was the Balcony, it was magical. It was massive. It had a table and 2 chairs and white pebbles as floor. I could see over all the rooftops and city. every night my husband and I would sit on the balcony and take in the awesome views of the city. I struggled with communication a little in Turkey however I loved that the reception guys both spoke extremely well and honestly would help me with ANYTHING I needed. Do not hesitate to stay here!!! It honestly made my holiday and the pics online do not do it any justice. The Faros wine restaurant up the road was also amazing and you receive a % discount if you are a guest when you dine there.

Room Tip: 802= Best room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the products and service we are offering. Our constant aim is to provide a friendly and efficient service to make each guest experience a special one an it is always rewarding to hear when we reach this aim.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. The guy at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfy, the shower esp was wonderful. I only stayed one night so I really can't say much about the area other than that it was quiet and the hotel was close to Taksim sq which was very quiet and empty the morning I was there. The only problem I had was that when I arrived at the airport (at 12:45am) the driver was NOT waiting with the other people picking up travelers. I had emailed several times to make sure they had my confirmation and to make sure I knew where the hotel rep would meet me because (as I told them) I would not have my phone to call if there were problems. After an hour a total stranger was kind enough to loan me their phone at the airport so that I could call the hotel. The hotel immediately contacted their rep at the airport who then came out of nowhere and without comment ushered us to the driver waiting outside. No apology or explanation was every given. I get that if I was more savvy I could have figured out the pay phones there or something... but I paid for hassle free pick up and I didn't get it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I spend 20+ nights every month in hotels and let me tell you that it is rare to find such warm and welcoming service as I experienced at the Faros Hotel Taksim.
I arrived very early (7am) on a morning flight from Singapore and was greeted very warmly by the gentleman at the front desk. He gave me absolutely none of the attitude that you often get in hotels when you arrive much earlier than check-in time. In fact he was apologetic that they were completely full the night before. Why should he have to apologize for this - its a sign of a good hotel if you are full! Anyway he stored my luggage, made me a cup of coffee, took the time to go through a map and make good suggestions for how to spend my day. He really made me feel welcome in a way that you usually only find in a B&B or luxury boutique hotel.
When I came back to the hotel at 12pm (still well before check-in time), he saw me as soon as I walked in and seemed genuinely pleased that they had a room now ready for me.
I remembered thinking to myself "this guy really gets it - he understands what it means to be a hotelier".
Even the man that showed me to my room with my luggage took his time to offer all the same sort of bellman services (showing me the safe, air control etc) that you normally only find at a Four Seasons etc.
The next morning when i checked out it was another guy at the front desk and he was also jsut as friendly and helpful.
The rooms are nice - not overly special but the price is super cheap so they clearly are worth more than the price. The breakfast is a reasonable spread too.
The location is easy walk to Taksim square, including the Metro, so there is really no need to pay for a taxi from the airport as you can take the Metro virtually door to door. Its probably about a 10 minute flat walk from the metro to the hotel with bags. Taksim square is definitely a good location to be in with easy access to shopping, bars, tonnes of restaurants and the Metro, tram and Funicular all connect through there so its like a transport hub of sorts.
So in a nutshell, I totally recommend this place, and apart from the location, its really because of the service.
It should also be noted that I booked a one night only stay, for a really cheap rate online. Normally that would mean that you get the least amount of assistance from the hotel front desk as the usually figure you arent that important to them - but not this hotel.
Thankyou very much Faros Hotel, you really were a great welcome to Istanbul for my first time!

Room Tip: Maybe ask them if there are rooms away from the loudspeakers from the mosque nearby - I was woken quite early on the Sunday morning. I guess it was trying to tell me to get out of bed and go to the mosque, but I just put in my earplugs! There may not be any rooms that escape this, as I have heard that since all over Istanbul!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the products and service we are offering. Faros Hotel team would like to thank about your extremely valuable observation about our hotel facilities and services provided by our staff.

All our staff sends you the warmest regards and hopes to see you soon again.