“A home from home”

Ranked #713 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
UK
“A home from home”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed at the Garden Suite for 11 nights and have just returned home. It was a very comfortable, clean and well run apartment hotel. For us it was perfect, we had a one bedroomed apartment with a lounge and small kitchen corner, and a great bathroom with spa bath. This was great after a full day sight seeing in amazing Istanbul. The breakfast provided every morning was great. There was a variety of cheeses, fruit, yoghurt, meats, salads and eggs as well as breads cakes and pastries. Whilst the breakfast room was small it was run with great efficiency by Yusef and the housekeeping staff. The added bonus in the city however was the lovely garden, where we ate breakfast most mornings. It was a little oasis of calm and very well maintained.

Yusef was lovely. He welcomed us and looked after us during our stay as a friendly and knowledgable host. He took time to drink coffee with us and gave us tips about how to get about and where to go for spices and gifts.

The housekeepers were thorough , in the 11 nights we were there they changed our sheets and towels 4 times.

The location is ideal for the major sites. 10 mins walk to the Blue Mosque and Hippodrome. It is a neighbourhood with local shops and bars and we soon became regulars at the Ademoglu pastry shop with the wonderful array of Turkish Delight and Baklava, and the bar just along the street. By turning left out of the hotel and heading towards the coast you find innumerable fabulous fish restraunts and market.

All in all we can't recommend these apartments enough for anyone who wants a comfortable stay in an authentic Istanbul neighbourhood.

Room Tip: We had an apartment looking out onto the garden . There is a school at the back, so there is the so...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marian B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Yackandandah, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

When our taxi dropped us off outside I ran after him and said it could not be the right hotel as it looked like somebody's home. He called the number I had and Yusef came out to greet us. What a surprise. As other reviewers said ....it was everything and more than said about it. We had just flown all night from Australia and were very tired , our room was not ready but as it was 8am that was our fault. Yusef gave us coffee and we sat in the gorgeous garden . We were three minutes from the Blue Mosque and other attractions and in a very safe typically gorgeous Turkish area. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We had to leave on a one night tour but our cases are still there and we are returning for another night. I am writing this review immediately as it is such a wonderful accomodation run by very friendly and caring hosts!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 upstairs and it was excellent. Three separate rooms, kitchen and lounge as well...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jan B
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Nice view, Friendly Staffs, Delicious breakfast, Closed by popular

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 November 2012

As two couples, we stayed at this small but excellent hotel for two days in October 2012. It is centrally located with respect to all the historical sites; most of these are within walking distance. It has 8 suites with excellent furnishings and meticulous housekeeping. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The complimentary continental breakfast was easily the best and most sumptous we have ever had.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
hoboken
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am so glad I read your reviews and decided to book this hotel. It is a gem.The staff are very helpful and kind. The manager Emek is knowledgable and very helpful. He would suggest the places I should see and how I could get there. I have a mobility problem and he has been so kind in helping me to transport my breakfast tray to the garden and bring refills of coffee. T
he maid Maria is the best. She rushes to my aid the minute I try to carry anything and also brings a small table to the garden for breakfast. The breakfast itself is also prepared and served by her. There is a good variety of items in the continental breakfast. I have seen much more sparse variety in Europe!. The other front desk personnel Leo is also very good and helpful.
The only negative point I can say is that the hotel is not as close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia as they say in their description. Also the road to these sites are quite steep uphill and the roads are very narrow. I was able to get back and forth very slowly in about twice the time it would take a young agile person.

Room Tip: Ask for garden apt if you have problems with stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank karm45
Bucuresti
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed five nights at this hotel which is centrally located.Rooms are equipped with a large double bed and a sofa.Each room is equipped with a kitchenette that has a coffee maker and refrigerator.Hotel is exceptionally clean and the breakfast is quite good and rich.The best part of the hotel is the garden where you can eat or drink.Friendly staff trying to do their job as well.The only drawback is that it does not have a restaurant, the hotel serves only breakfast..In conclusion is a good hotel especially for families with children.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I usually never post of a review of anything. But I was very disappointed with this place, I went with the reviews I read online. Therefore, I want people to be aware.
I dont know whether those previous reviewers were paid or what?? But this is not a hotel. Its more of an 3story apartment building, turned into hotel. There is no lobby, the reception is in the basement. Didn't receive a professional hotel service. There is no garden, its a small backyard with some landscape. I have never been to a hotel which didn't have an iron, and this one didnt. I asked the receptionist for an iron, he told me its broken and told me there is a dry cleaners near by I go there, can you believe he had the odosity to say that?? I never received an iron later on. I was so angry, when I found out that they went in my room without my acknowledge when I was out. I mean who does that?? They made an excuse that they went to my room to fix the cable, when I never asked it to be fixed in the first place.
The breakfast is so bootlegged. You get about 3 or 4 choices., stuff you can make at home.

One things. The room was nice and the bathroom is very clean.

Room Tip: NEED A TIP?? DONT GO HERE, you can get a lot better hotel with this price.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple