Flamingo Apart
US$119
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
US$134
  • Breakfast included
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$62
US$1,290
US$425
US$115
US$96
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stayed here two days in the fourth floor apartment with the "sea view." In the whole building, there are only four apartments and I consider this to be an advantage in terms of privacy and minimal internal noise.

I want to say that the owner/manager Gurkan was great and he really facilitated my trip.

I found out that there is no reception and that the Flamingo is really a gift shop, whose owner bought the apartment next store and refurbished it for short term touristic stays. The key thing to know is that by 830pm the adjoining store is closed so you need to arrange with Gurkan to collect you from the airport to get the key. Otherwise, you'll be stuck till the morning!

This was not made clear on booking.com in description of the facility but this is obviously very important.

If you are averse to climbing really narrow winding stairs, better avoid this place. I had 38kg to lug and it took the wind out of my sails but that would not dissuade me staying here again.

I found the curtains near the bed too sheer so I hung a comforter over that window.

The refrigerator is half the size of a standard frig but twice the size of a normal hotel frig.

The separating wall between the kitchen and the main room with sofas and bed has a low overhang and I twice managed to hit my head. However, I liked the fact that the kitchen was separate. Would have been even better had the kitchen had a table and two stools or chairs to sit on. I appreciated the two large bottles of mineral water and assortment of tea left at my disposal.

The bathroom was great: spic and span squeeky clean and all new appliances.

I recommend this place although it seems to be that the room I stayed in is better suited to single habitation.

At the time I stayed there was some nearby construction going on, involving noisy hammering at a nearby building but that will eventually stop.

I found the sea-view to be partially obscured by various buildings, some dipidated.

Overall, I would recommend this place if you can negotiate the stairs.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank RichardThomas2001
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We have just returned home from a two week stay in Turkey - our last two nights were spent here in Istanbul at Flamingo. This was one of the cleanest, best value, best location accommodation choices of our entire trip. We had the studio apartment which was cosy for five of us, but comfortably so. The only drawback was that curtains or blinds were missing from some of the windows and the wifi signal was only obtainable on the landing. The location is superb, on a very quiet back street, but literally minutes from the Blue Mosque. A great find, and highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Zoe H
Reviewed 13 June 2012

From the time we made the booking to the time we said our goodbyes, this was our best holiday ever. We are frequent travelers, who have visited most parts of this world, but the greatest feeling we have had overall was at this location, where we stayed for nearly a week.

Mr Gürkan Atkas, who is the Owner/ Manager, is full of warmth and it is seldom these days to find an honest, and always helpful gentleman, who goes out of his way to accommodate and satisfy every request you make to him. He is ably helped by his associates, who are basically of the same nature. You will never ever repent staying at these apartments.

The location is a full 10/10, as it is in walking distance to all the highlights of the Sultanahmet district, the Blue Mosque, the Hagya Sophia, the Spice Market, the Grand Bazaar and also a big Bazaar around the Grand Mosque. This area is littered with restaurants, which serve up cuisines good to satisfy any nationality and the people are very service oriented.

The Owners also have a very good souvenir shop at the ground level of their hotel and will offer best prices to guests living with them. The shop has wonderful products from around Turkey and

Our sincere recommendation is to enjoy Istanbul with Mr Gürkan and his team.

Room Tip: Go for the room on the 3rd floor. This has a large verandah and a clear view of the minarets of the Blue Mosque, especially when illuminated at night. You are also in the vicinity of a terrace garden, where the Owners could arrange a good Barbeque for you. Fitting place for a family vacation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sandip M
Reviewed 9 June 2012

our family comprising of 5 adults and 2 children stay at the apartments from 22nd may to
31st may. We thought the apartment was good and very clean, the owner Gurkan very
helpful also Hakan who was in the shop both very nice and friendly. We would recommend
the flamingo apartments to anybody staying in Istanbul, we would also stay there if we
are lucky enough to go again. Mustafa Ibrahim and family from Libya.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MustafaIbrahim
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I thought I left this review back in April, but I can't find it here... so I'm repeating it:
I love Hakan and the Flamingo Apartments! He was awesome and came through for us (in a difficult last minute situation) like a champ! The apartment is comfy and clean, just steps from the Arasta Bazaar, Blue Mosque, and the Hagia Sofia. There is also a great Korean/Chinese restaurant a few blocks the other direction. I could not have been happier with our stay. Tell him the cat lady sent you! =)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends