“more than what we expected”
Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #15 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed at Muyan suites hotel in December and our stay there was absolutely brilliant!

We booked a suite room for two nights. Upon arrival, we were met by the manager of the hotel who showed us around the hotel and the suite. 2 glasses of Anatolian red wine immediately appeared for us to enjoy.

The level of service provided by the Muyan Hotel was nothing short of perfect. They even managed to book us a table at restaurant 'Orient House ', which was already fully booked. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and hopefully we will come back to the hotel one day.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

My Dearest Guest Louise F,

I am Cemil HACIOGLU the Hotel Manager the Muyan Suites. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel.
I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thanks again for the nice words about our staff.
We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Muyan Suites is an small hotel in an awesome location in Sultanahmet. What takes the cake is the personal attention given to its guests by the staff, especially Octay who usually works nights. The breakfast is off the hook with the cook Muharem customizing orders the way you would like it. Overall, perfect hotel to explore Sultanahmet and the beautiful city of Istanbul

Room Tip: Rooms ending with 1, viz 101, 201, 301 have a street view.

My Dearest Guest Nandita C,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

My husband and I still fondly recall our stay at Muyan Suites Hotel. Our first couple of nights in Istanbul were spent at this lovely location and we couldn't have been happier. It was wonderful to return every night to such a comfortable, welcoming place. Staff members were superb. We stayed in several other hotels during our travels and this hotel had the most genuinely amiable, efficient and knowledgeable staff. Muyan Suites has excellent staff and , is located in a pleasant part of Istanbul.Our rooms were cozy, elegant and very well appointed. In fact, we were so impressed with the hotel that we decided to stay there the last couple of days of our vacation. If you would like a gracious and truly memorable stay in iSTANBUL I would highly recommend .

Room Tip: Family Suite rooms are really so comfortable and these are real 1+1 suite experience

My Dearest Guest Tiffany T,

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Thanks to all hotel staff as they have made a great experince my business trip. The hotel is very close ( just 5-10 mins. walking ) to all ancients like St. Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and so many others so you can enjoy istanbul beside your business. The hotel is a new one in the area, family runned, well decoreted and very clean. The slide difference from the other hotels in the area is that the rooms are large as you can find only in US. The homemade choises in the breakfast is highly recommended. As travelling istanbul many times, it was my first stay but will not be last.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

My Dearest Guest Chris A,

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We booked Muyan Suites for 3 nights in Istanbul after which we were going to Cappadoccia, Ephesus and Pumakkale. On our way back we were to stay at IStanbul for a further 3 nights but had planned to stay on the New European Side of the city. We loved the Muyan Suites so much that we booked the last 3 nights here as well. We loved it that much. Right from the time of the booking Azlan and his team was so helpful. Not only with the booking, airport pick-up but also with explaining the sites of Istanbul and booking tours as well. We ended up getting upgraded to a family suite on both 3 night stays. The breakfast was plentiful with the rooms clean and spacious. The location is ideal. Some people had posted on TA that it was on a dirty street. Yes, it is a little street just 20 steps away from the main street but dirty is a very severe word to describe it. All in all, I would love to stay here again and meet Azlan and his team again.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

My Dearest Guest Ahad82,

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We stayed at the Muyan Suites on November 27th, 2012. We found the Muyan Suites on Tripadvisor. It is located on a short street and less than a 10 minute walk to the Blue Mosque. There are great restaurants all around.

So....we arrived out front and we were immediately greeted and welcomed inside (We had a reservation). We were offered a beverage of our choice from a selection of options and immediately checked in. Our room was perfect...very clean!! The staff was extremely polite and accomodating. We were in our room about 10 minutes and we were checked on to make sure everything was acceptable, which it was without a doubt.

Breakfast was great, wonderful selection of items and presented very well!

Our entire experience was great, we will be staying at the Muyan Suites again. We even took a picture with employees....a shout out to Tugba :-) Nice Job Muyan Suites!! "221fly"...out.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

My Dearest Guest MusicMan221,

Reviewed 15 December 2012

This is the second time we've stayed at the Muyan Suites. Last year, we split our time between the Muyan and a sister hotel, the Millennium Suites. Both are wonderful places to stay. In fact, It was staying in these hotels last year that inspired me to set up a TripAdvisor account...merely so that I could rave about our stay.

First, the Muyan Suites hotel is clean and in good condition. This is important because a lot of prices in a similar price range typically lack in both cleanliness and the condition of the linens, appliances, furniture, etc. As such, it is a real gem for the cost.

Second, the hotel is in a fantastic location. It is a 5 minute walk to the Hippodrome (the large walkway where both the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia are located). It is also a 5 minutes the other direction to a relatively lively shopping district with many restaurants. Yet, it manages to be in an exceptionally quiet area. As such, it gives you the ability to stop by any time, get to anywhere you want to go, and yet get a good night's sleep.

Third, and most importantly, the staff are the best in the business. I've spent 100 nights in hotels per year the last few years (because of work). I have not found a friendlier group of hotel managers and staff than at the Muyan Suites (and Millenium Suites). They bend over backwards to give a great customer experience. And even when we leave at 4am for the airport, the manager wakes up to bid us farewell (this has happened twice now). They arrange inexpensive cars to the airport, dinners, and give the best advice on where to find local delicacies. They really are the greatest asset of the hotel.

I commend this hotel to you...except when I want to book a room...then I want it all to myself.

Room Tip: Any room is fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple