“Last Stop Before Heading Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #21 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Dallas, Texas
“Last Stop Before Heading Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed two nights here as my last stop before the end of a round-the-world trip. Super clean, very spacious (which was great for the re-packing project required after buying gifts), and well located to the tourist sites. The staff here was incredibly helpful - I changed my reservation once and sent the wrong flight information another time and they were endlessly patient with me. I changed my reservation to stay multiple nights and they comped my ride in from the airport in response. When I arrived later in the evening (9:30 ish), they offered to walk with me to go get food in case I was uncomfortable wandering around on my own. I left the hotel around 6 a.m. to get to the airport and more than once, they offered to make me coffee and breakfast before my departure - then packed me a to go bag with toast and fruit.

Only downsides are no roof-deck, which is nice to have in this area, though obviously wouldn't matter in this hotel b/c of the tall buildings around, and there is some noise from hallways / other rooms, but I think this is true of every place I stayed in Turkey, so just comes with the territory. I joked with friends that someone had finally realized i was queen of the world b/c my last stop was in a palace, and that's how lovely the staff here made me feel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank WorthPackingIn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My son and I stayed at Muyan for 7 nights. The people were wonderful-- so warm and friendly.
We've even stayed in contact with some of them!

The hotel is very clean, spacious and well located in the old part of the city.
The hotel doesn't have views, which is normally important to me, but for this trip, where I knew we wouldn't be in the hotel at all, wasn't important at all. The price we paid was very fair, though there rates change based on dates and availability.

Aslan, the Manager was gracious and very communicative. We'd definitely go back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

It was an excellent hotel in a best location,within easy walking distance to many historical places such as St Sophia,Blue Mosque,Grand Bazaar.All the staff were happy to asist in every question we have.The room was really larger than most of hotel I had stayed before and it was verywell designed.Also the room was very clean.We will definitely stay in this hotel on our next tripto Istanbul.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We recently (March 2014) spent 5 days in Istanbul, primarily visiting the sites in the Sultanahmet area. The Muyan was the perfect home base for our travels. It is located within a very easy walk to all of the main attractions, yet off the busy roads so that our nights were quiet & peaceful. The staff was fantastic! They saw to our every need and welcomed us like family. We were traveling with our 5 kids, and they made sure that everyone - from the adults down to the 3-year old - were happy & comfortable. They even surprised our daughter with a birthday cake, since she celebrated her 12th birthday there! We will definitely be returning to the Muyan in the future.

Room Tip: The beds are rather hard, but the pull-out sofa bed is much softer.
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We had a 5 days/4 nights stay at this beautiful Hotel, located in the mid of Istanbul old town.
The location is 10 minutes’ walk from all the major Istanbul attractions (Blue Mosque, Cistern Basilica, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi), and is close to the tram stop that leads to the modern town.
The street, although it’s very narrow, is very quiet, there is never noise or traffic, so from the room no one could hear any noise.
“Suites” really deserve to be named like this (they can’t be considered simply “rooms”), they are very wide and comfortable (a queen/king size mattress in spite of two single separate mattresses would be preferable), the hotel is very clean and personnel are very kind and available for any customers’ need. The toilet room is wide enough as well, the shower is very big and comfortable.
Breakfast is abundant and of good quality, attendants are very kind and available to satisfy any food request.
We would suggest this excellent location to any Istanbul visitor, and are sure that, should we return there, we would make our reservation at the Muyan Suites.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

it's like going to stay at your favorite aunt's house who goes out of her way to make your stay as comfortable as possible, especially with the home-made cakes and biscuits. Yes!!! all that and more.
I stayed three nights with my wife and two year old son. Aslan (the day manager), along with all the kitchen and porter staff helped us immensely with genuine sincerity. The rooms were spacious and clean.
The location is very close to the Blue Mosque on one side and to the famous Cemberlitas hammam on the other. Also, surrounding the hotel are very cheap but good quality restaurants where the locals tend to eat. Prices more than 50% less than ones closest to the main attractions.
Inshallah, would definitely stay here again

Ali

Room Tip: Had the ground floor room which was ideal for little one
1 Thank ali d
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We returned to California a couple of days ago after spending a little more than a week at the Muyan Suites. I can't speak highly enough of the hotel and the staff. The room was spacious and very clean, while the hotel itself is tucked away on a back street so it's very quiet, thus ensuring a good night's sleep. As many other guests have mentioned, it is truly centrally located. Step outside, turn left, and within a few minutes you're at the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and Hagia Sophia; turn right and within a few minutes you're in the Grand Bazaar. Starting with Aslan, the staff is super-friendly and helpful. This hotel is great value for the money and I'd highly recommend it to any first-time (as we were) or repeat travelers to Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple