“wonderful people excellent service”
Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #13 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we stayed at this hotel during our family vacation. The rooms are beautiful, the staff are very friendly and helpful. excellent customer service (24/7). It exceeded my expectations and I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

My Dearest Guest gulbabo,

I am Cemil HACIOGLU the Hotel Manager of the Muyan Suites. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel.
I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thanks again for the nice words about our staff.
We will take an urgent action from the mentioned issues which you mentioned on your review.
We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Sultanahmet district is chock-full of hotels. We chose Muyan Suites because it had been strongly recommended by friends, who stayed there last year. It was all we had been led to expect, and more. It is small (11 rooms), family-owned and family-run, clean and comfortable, and everything works, and works well. I had forgotten that the hotel provides transportation from the airport, and we paid for our own transfer. Even though it was entirely our fault, and the airport's driver had made the trip to the airport to pick us up and waited for us until he got the call from the manager that we'd turned up at the hotel on our own, the manager - on his own initiative - offered to have the hotel provide our transfer back to the airport at the end of our trip, on the hotel's dime. (The return transfer is normally the guest's responsibility). The quality of service puts Muyan Suites in a class by itself: six stars!

Room Tip: We had been advised to ask for a quiet room, and we did get one off the street, but the street is no...
1  Thank Noergler

My Dearest Guest Noergler,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our family of five stayed here for five nights and it was an excellent choice for all of us. The rooms were generously sized (especially the triple for the three teenagers), clean and quiet. Not overly luxurious, but nicely appointed, and it felt like good value for what we spent. I think what really was exceptional about this hotel was the service from manager Aslan Yildiz and his staff. They were friendly without being fawning and went out of their way to accommodate us on many details, arranging for an early airport transfer on our last day, and also an early breakfast. The location was ideal for walking to many of the major sights, and I particularly liked that it was on a smaller quiet street rather than the main drag. The breakfast was bountiful and healthy with fruits, vegies, breads, yogurt, eggs, juices, and cheeses - a huge plus when travelling with hungry teenagers. Hard to go wrong with this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have no view but I could not hear the early morning call to prayer either.
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank meg448

My Dearest Guest meg448,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently spent 1 night at Muyan Suites with my husband. Muyan is a boutique hotel located in the old, historical part of the city, within walking distance to major landmarks such as the Blue Mosque, Ayasofya, Topkapi Palace , the Grand Bazaar, the train line, the ferry station, etc. The manager Aslan Yildiz is very welcoming and kind person. He received us with a thorough care. Makes you feel welcome and safe. The room was very clean and quiet. I would definitely go back to this hotel specially for it's outstanding service and the best location. Enjoy your stay in Istanbul!

My Dearest Guest Margalit Y,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights. I like small, boutique hotels and this one fits that bill. The room was smallish but very clean and had a tiny patio outside for enjoying your morning coffee. The room was tastefully decorated and attractive but not what you might call luxurious. But for simple accommodations, this place is great!

The staff is tremendously friendly and helpful. Upon arrival, Aslan gave us a map of the area and directions to get to some of the nearby sights. He also gave us the hotel's business card to give to taxi drivers if we ever got lost (which we didn't) and gave us his mobile number to call if we had any problems during our stay. The rest of the staff was equally courteous and kind - always greeting us with a nice big smile.

The breakfast is very well done - lots of bread, meat, fruit, eggs, juice, coffee, tea, etc.

The hotel is in a location that is very convenient to the Old City tourist spots like the Blue Mosque, Topkapi palace, Hagia Sofia, The Grand Bazaar, etc. It is also near the tram line which makes it easy to get to other parts of the city.

You will also get a few other nice little touches which I won't spoil the surprise in this review. But suffice to say that you will enjoy your stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank William W

My Dearest Guest William W,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in May. We found this hotel through American Express and the reviews seemed good so we tried it out. The location is good, only a five minute walk to the Blue Mosque. Short of a piece of door trim that came off and almost took my head off everything else seemed well looked after. Don't stay here if you are expecting a great view, or luxury accommodations. This is a standard hotel with comfortable clean accommodations. I will mention that our bed was rock hard which played havoc on my back but that is to be expected when staying in non US-chain mid-grade hotels. Breakfast was good and the staff works hard to take care of you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently spent three nights at Muyan Suites. It is a small hotel located in the old, historical part of the city within walking distance to major landmarks such as the Blue Mosque, Ayasofya, Topkapi Palace (where the Otoman Sultans had their Harem), the Grand Bazaar, the train line, the ferry station, etc. The personal are very welcoming and efficient, starting with the manager Aslan Yildiz who received us with a thorough explanation of how to get around the city and a few restaurant recommendations. Equally kind were the young lady and gentleman who served us breakfast, who will even make you any style of eggs upon request. The room was very clean and quiet, perfect for a restoring sleep after walking around such a busy an exciting city. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Enjoy your stay in Istanbul!

2  Thank Belkis B
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Belkis B,

Making your stay as glorious as possible is our priority. I will let our staff know about how much you appreciate our services. Your politeness inspires us to get better each day. As Istanbul is very rich in culture and touristic places, our guests are impressed by the hotel's location. You are always able to go and see so many famous places whenever you want, in the easiest way and shortest time period. Unlike other hotels, we are very lucky that no matter how many days you are planning on staying in Istanbul, you may visit a lot of places in a day. We can't wait to have you here again and guide you about Istanbul's wonderful museums and historical artifacts!

Best Regards,