“Best choice for an Istanbul hotel”
Review of Muyan Suites

Muyan Suites
Ranked #13 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Muyan Suites is the best choice in so many ways. I originally choose the hotel based on location. It is on a quiet little side street 5 minutes away from the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and other must-see-tourist sites. You couldn't ask for a better location. But that was just the start of a perfectly wonderful stay. The entire staff was even more friendly and helpful than I could have imagined. I sent an email a few days prior to our stay to confirm our rooms and got a prompt, courteous reply plus the offer of a free pick up from the airport. We were meeting up with family at the Istanbul airport and the sight of a friendly driver waiting for us at arrivals made getting to the hotel stress-free. Upon arrival the staff was very welcoming with cold water and a quick overview of some local sights and maps. Our rooms were ready and waiting for us and quite charming. The breakfast (included) was wonderful. I especially liked the cappuccino! No request was ever a problem. One night we asked if there was a store nearby to buy a bottle of wine for our room and the manager said he had wine available and sent a bottle right to our room. Everyone at the hotel was always friendly and went our of their way to make us feel welcome. We truly felt like we were honored guests. Many thanks to Taner Kaymaz and his entire staff. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Istanbul!

1  Thank blista
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

My Dearest Guest blista,

I am Cemil HACIOGLU the Hotel Manager of the Muyan Suites. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel.
I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thanks again for the nice words about our staff.
We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

For our second trip to Istanbul, we were looking for something different than our stay at the Four Seasons Sultanahmet in 2008. It's not fair to compare the two, since they are both very different, but I can say that if we return to Istanbul for a third time, we would stay at Muyan Suites, both for service and value. Toner and the rest of the staff are every bit, if not more, professional than those at the Four Seasons and much more helpful. The location is excellent, our room was very large and clean, and the free breakfast was a nice bonus. If I had one suggestion to improve, I would add more English speaking TV stations, since the hotel caters to primarily to English speaking guests, although I noted they had a few English speaking channels in the lobby and breakfast area, so maybe we missed those stations in our room.

My Dearest Guest Dean07,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My parents and i just stayed at Muyan Suites for 4 nights and it was a very pleasant stay. The staff were extremely pleasant, and its clear how much they value hospitality. After a slight mix up in the room reservation, the manager Toner, moved us into a much larger and nicer room for no charge, which was very much appreciated. On that note, Toner was a pleasure to interact with, very helpful and efficient. The night staff Toktoy always had a smile on his face and one evening as i sat in the lobby reading, even brought me a plate of fruit, which i thought was so sweet. The staff in general were very friendly, and highly attentive. Breakfast was simple but sufficient, and the hotel was convenient to all the top sights of Istanbul. The rooms were clean and nice, and the free airport pick up service, smooth, The wifi connected was very strong. All in all, a great stay. Ask Toner to explain the history behind the name Muyan for a nice little story!

1  Thank Kamya S

My Dearest Guest kamya_soma,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Starting with a friendly email offering airport transfer the day before we booked, to walking in the door with our room ready through friendly smiles and chats on the way in and out and even a free drink when we came home tired and sweaty one day - the staff of this hotel are outstanding.

The rooms are big, however on Expedia they were listed as "one bedroom suites", they are not, they are large rooms

Great location, walking distance to historic area and easy tram/bus rides to other places

3  Thank Slau58

My Dearest Guest Slau58,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at many hotels, but Muyan Suites offered the highest quality hotel, service staff, and breakfast. They picked us up free from Ataturk Airport and the on-duty staff came right out to the to meet us when the shuttle pulled up. He brought us drinks and chatted with us, giving us maps, and helping us to figure out what the best sights are to see, and how to get around the city. He had an extensive historical knowledge of the area and was eager to share it. He also went out of his way to help us figure out how to get to SAW airport quickly and affordably when we were preparing to go to the next leg of our trip. SAW is 1-3 hours away (depending on the time of day), so the help was invaluable. The free breakfast every morning was better than we had at any other hotel. There were eggs, sausages, toast, meats and cheeses, dried fruits and nuts, cakes/pastries, and an extensive assortment of fresh fruits. There were service staff available to serve drinks. Our room was beautiful and comfortable with extensive amenities available -- all you need to bring is yourself! -- and the air conditioner worked very well, cooling the room quickly. They gave us a free 1.5L of water each day, and the room had a minibar with cheap cold drinks, including water, sodas, juices, and beer. The hotel is also within a 5 minute walk from Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. The location is very good, as we never felt unsafe for a moment.

2  Thank Eileen449

My Dearest Guest Eileen449,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 days and we loved the room. Huge (we had 2 rooms) and comfortable, nice armchairs to sink deep in after sightseeing. Big and comfortable bed - for a nice, long sleep.

Almost no street-noise though we had a room facing the street, only the song-like prayers from the mosques.

Very kind and welcoming staff. If we go to Istanbul again, we will surely stay here once more.

1  Thank Annione

My Dearest Guest Annione,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you want to experience the rich, ancient culture of the old city, you stay at a little boutique hotel like the Muyan, which is only a few short blocks to all the major attractions, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque etc. The Sultanahmet section teems with wonderful little sidewalk cafés and restaurants. We walked everywhere. Not once did we feel unsafe or unwelcome. The Turks deserve their reputation for hospitality.

The Muyan is a gem. It's off one of the side streets that doesn't look very inviting, but once you step inside all that changes. The rooms are comfortable, although the bed was very hard. Our bathroom was spacious with a good sized shower and lots of hot water. Their buffet breakfast is a lovely spread of Turkish dishes such as razor thin slices of grilled eggplant and zucchini. A variety of breads, scrambled or hard boiled eggs, sausages and cold cuts. They have everything including Cappuccino, Turkish coffee and Nescafé with milk.

The staff are friendly and most helpful. They couldn't be nicer. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Constance M
MuyanSuites, General Manager at Muyan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

My Dearest Guest Constance M,