“wedding party”

Ranked #500 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Norfolk
“wedding party”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for 5 days with my daughter, son in law and grandchildren aged 2 and 4 years, while attending my sons wedding.
The apartment was clean and well equipped, we asked for extra crockery etc.. and it was all supplied happily the staff were brilliant and very happy to help in any way they could.

It would help if they stated they had travel cots, I had told them I was bringing the children and the ages & we took two cots with us as they did not tell me they had cots until I arrived.

There is a door to the outside in the lounge that we could not lock and when open a drop to the ground from the 4th floor was very easy for the children. it would help to be able to lock this door.
Plenty of equipment that is all clean and fully functional, however all the instructions are only in Turkish it would help if they had them in other languages.

This area of Istanbul is very noisy even through the night which made sleep disturbed at times.

Room Tip: I would happily stay here again but take ear plugs to help me sleep through the night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alsamero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I spent a beautiful holiday with my 93 years old mom at Akin Suites.
The location is absolutely perfect for someone who wants to live and feel the real atmosphere of Istanbul, in the Asian side: though at walking distance from the "movida" of Kadikoy and from the ferry port leading to the European part of Istanbul, it is absolutely quiet, and with all kinds of shops nearby - even an Hamam, a Turkish bath!
Mr. Emre, the owner, and Mr. Mustafa, his architect, have been EXTREMELY kind to us, as the ladies working for them. They let us feel like home, and even gave us a wheel chair to facilitate my mom to visit with me various places.
Cleanliness was on top, breakfast was rich and tasteful, the superior suite were we stayed was absolutely comfortable and spacious. Mr. Mustafa found even for my mom a satellite receiver for Italian programs!
Mr. Emre helped us enormously with a serious problem we had to face during our holiday, and we are really grateful to him.
I can only recommend Akin Suites with all my heart, and I hope I can spend my next holiday there again!

Antonella Colnaghi from Milan

Room Tip: Our Superior Suite was at the first floor, but absolutely quiet!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank gecelerime
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I can recommend Akin Suites for all people looking for options in IStanbul, just two minutes walking from the ferry to the European historic city centre. it was clean and modern with a very gentle staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent location on the Asian side, easy transfer to European side; very good and "european type" of shopping area near buy, with an exotic smell of "orient food and restaurants";
personnel very kind and friendly, keeping the deal done months before (regarding the price and quality of service);
good choice for couples and small families;
special greetings to Mr Emre,
Perisic family (Belgrade, Serbia)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed 13 November 2013

To whom it may concern
Dear friends
In November 2013 I stayed few nights in Akin Suites in Istanbul.
I enjoyed very much my staying in the hotel.
And I want to thank you for your kindness.
I hope to be in your hotel in my next visit in Istanbul.
I hope that all of you are in good health.
Thank you very much.
Yaara Ben Or

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Good location for touring all of Istanbul. The suites deluxe are good size and have all facilities.
It was clean and the staff was very professional and helpful. Parking near location. A lot of restaurants and shops are near Akin suites. Great choice for families and couples.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Dear Mr. Abdulla

My greeting to you,your father and to Mr. Abdulrahman. It had been a great pleasure to stay at Akin Suites,Akin Suites personal had been very welcoming and helpfully , we had enjoyed our stay and we hope to come back again as we felt like we are at home.

Eng. Jamal