“It all depends on the purpose of the stay !”

Akin Suites Istanbul
Ranked #503 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“It all depends on the purpose of the stay !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

not to talk too many details , I would like to share my experience , basically our partners book us every time in different hotel depending on the nature of the visit , as this time I had to go daily to Akasya Acibadem using the metro , location of Aksin suites in Kudikoy where all bus / boat and taxi as well as metro stations are located is perfect for you to go anywhere easily , but this is in Asian side , so if most of your trips are in Europe side so better you stay in levent or close to Taksim , but this suite hotel is a place where to stay overnight if you are all day out , it has all basics from kitchen and cooking utensils , iron and iron board , wifi , breakfast is limited to feta cheese and vegetables and boiled eggs plus coffee or tea , also two kind of jams and honey and butter with bread is there but that's it.

if your expectation is a hotel with full services so better stay elsewhere , staff are friendly , just 20 meters away from hotel is a Turkish Hamam which is of perfect value , walking 5 minutes to main street where the sea and cafes and night time live bands perform independently on the pavement and people sit and watch , many bufe food stations and boats station that goes to princess island , so location wise hotel great ,

there is no king size bed but two single beds connected to each other , closet too small , if you are a family this will not work out , max for 2 people staying for a week no longer ..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TDubai68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for 5 days with my daughter, son in law and grandchildren aged 2 and 4 years, while attending my sons wedding.
The apartment was clean and well equipped, we asked for extra crockery etc.. and it was all supplied happily the staff were brilliant and very happy to help in any way they could.

It would help if they stated they had travel cots, I had told them I was bringing the children and the ages & we took two cots with us as they did not tell me they had cots until I arrived.

There is a door to the outside in the lounge that we could not lock and when open a drop to the ground from the 4th floor was very easy for the children. it would help to be able to lock this door.
Plenty of equipment that is all clean and fully functional, however all the instructions are only in Turkish it would help if they had them in other languages.

This area of Istanbul is very noisy even through the night which made sleep disturbed at times.

Room Tip: I would happily stay here again but take ear plugs to help me sleep through the night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alsamero
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I spent a beautiful holiday with my 93 years old mom at Akin Suites.
The location is absolutely perfect for someone who wants to live and feel the real atmosphere of Istanbul, in the Asian side: though at walking distance from the "movida" of Kadikoy and from the ferry port leading to the European part of Istanbul, it is absolutely quiet, and with all kinds of shops nearby - even an Hamam, a Turkish bath!
Mr. Emre, the owner, and Mr. Mustafa, his architect, have been EXTREMELY kind to us, as the ladies working for them. They let us feel like home, and even gave us a wheel chair to facilitate my mom to visit with me various places.
Cleanliness was on top, breakfast was rich and tasteful, the superior suite were we stayed was absolutely comfortable and spacious. Mr. Mustafa found even for my mom a satellite receiver for Italian programs!
Mr. Emre helped us enormously with a serious problem we had to face during our holiday, and we are really grateful to him.
I can only recommend Akin Suites with all my heart, and I hope I can spend my next holiday there again!

Antonella Colnaghi from Milan

Room Tip: Our Superior Suite was at the first floor, but absolutely quiet!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank gecelerime
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I can recommend Akin Suites for all people looking for options in IStanbul, just two minutes walking from the ferry to the European historic city centre. it was clean and modern with a very gentle staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent location on the Asian side, easy transfer to European side; very good and "european type" of shopping area near buy, with an exotic smell of "orient food and restaurants";
personnel very kind and friendly, keeping the deal done months before (regarding the price and quality of service);
good choice for couples and small families;
special greetings to Mr Emre,
Perisic family (Belgrade, Serbia)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Ramat Hasharon, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

To whom it may concern
Dear friends
In November 2013 I stayed few nights in Akin Suites in Istanbul.
I enjoyed very much my staying in the hotel.
And I want to thank you for your kindness.
I hope to be in your hotel in my next visit in Istanbul.
I hope that all of you are in good health.
Thank you very much.
Yaara Ben Or

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Good location for touring all of Istanbul. The suites deluxe are good size and have all facilities.
It was clean and the staff was very professional and helpful. Parking near location. A lot of restaurants and shops are near Akin suites. Great choice for families and couples.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple