“Excellent”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent food and waiters! The atmosphere was excellent and prices -normal. This is the best restaurant!

There are newer reviews for Stone House Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Well pleasant surprise to find this restaurant. We visited at the recommendation of our hotel but what a nice place. We had awesome dinner with the best wine we have ever had on top of all this turkish music.
The gave complimentary apple tea and the bill was very less than what I expected. Again went next day for lunch. Highly recommended. A small cute restaurant.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I visited this restaurant as my hotel was close by and I was so tired from walking all day that I could not face walking up the long steep hill to the square area again.
I had a local turkish special and my partner had the mixed grill. We found the food to be quite average and definately had alot better in Istanbul in other restaurants. Having said that, the local wine was lovely and so was the restaurants famous Hommous.

2  Thank cristine34
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

One evening, we decided or to stray far from our hotel, but didn't want to get caught in a tourist trap in our hotel district. When we walked by, the owner was very friendly and they were having a birthday party inside. We decided to stop and try this place. It was quite nice with a mix of locals and tourists. The mixed grill and seafood casserole were both good. Nothing was spectacular, but it was good quality and was enjoyed by seemingly everyone in the place.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Owner's sister was very friendly. Explained in detail all the different dishes. Tried the Kurdish meal which was superb!