“Western standards in the heart of Istanbul.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Azade Suites

Azade Suites
Ranked #586 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Svendborg, Denmark
“Western standards in the heart of Istanbul.”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

After spending a couple of nights in a substandard hotel (not a deliberate choice) we decided to finish our trip with one good night in a much better one. :)
The Azade suites hotel is lovely and smack in the centre of Sultanahmet old town our favourite place in Istanbul.
The room was exceptionally clean, everything worked and the memory foam mattress was lovely.
My only gripe was the receptionist who decided we weren't appropriate clientel (probably due to our casual dressing) and so didn't even bother to check our names, just waved us on to the sister hotel next door, only to have us bounce back again 5 minutes later after confirming with his colleague who did indeed check our names and discover we did indeed have a reservation.
The breakfast bar had quite a selection and the view from the terraced breakfast room of the Blue Mosque is quite stunning.
All in all a lovely hotel well worth the extra money for comfort & situation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thai_Rain

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Great location, educated staff, nice rooms, clean and confortable and big. We really enjoy our stay, because it´s close to all turist points as Blue Mesk and other. There are great cafe, bars and restaurants near by. The only problem is the breakfast because they start taking it of while the guests are still having it. That was the only problem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bia T
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were greeted at the hotel upon arrival by the receptionist (Bakar). We were offered a room upgrade since I requested for a room with the view of the Blue Mosque but I decided to stay in the family suite since the Kids get proper beds instead of the sofa beds in the King Suite. The room was spacious with Jacuzzi in the bath tub and a Nespresso machine. Checkout was also smooth with help by the other receptionist (Samir).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank H_Ahmad
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 21 February 2013

hotel was close to blue mosque and haghia sofia. it's location is perfect and i definetly suggest it. It locates in a quite and isole region and its breakfast good. And thanks to hotel personel Mutlu and Bekir was really concerned with me. I had a great holiday. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Alisson Q
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I have spent 4 nights in Azade,

Advantages:
- nicely decorated room
- very comfortable bed with great matress

Disadvantages:
- we paid for junior suit, during arrival receptionist was very polite, after chek in I notice that we were booked into classic room, I went back to receptionist and she tried to make me sure that is junior suite (room was smaller for about 20 m2!) I kindly asked her to contact manager, first night junior suite was not available, second day we moved to the right room
- in both rooms was mold in bathroom, generally bathrooms need refresh regarding silicons and get rid of mold
- breakfast very basic, needs urgent upgrade, after 2 days we went to eat breakfast outside
- I do not recommend Azade Suites

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank z44p
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I would like to thank Ahmet for his excellent service to me during my stay.
Ahmet is in the right business for his personality. He knows customer service perfectly.
When the hotel was full, he quickly found another hotel nearby.
My friend had stayed, and we missed a chance to be together for New Years Eve... Ahmet was quick to recommend alternative celebrations, with driver service and return.
Again...
I would like to Thank Ahmet for his excellent service and his knowledge.
You made my stay most enjoyable!!!
I will return!

Sandra from Canada :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Rochelle, Illinois
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I knew I wanted to stay at this hotel the moment I saw the pictures but it was more expensive than I wanted to pay. I was able to get a much better deal by waiting until the week before our trip over Thanksgiving.
We arranged for the airport pick up, which was efficient. The only thing is that most hotels give you a free one way pick up with 3 nights stay but not this hotel but not a big deal.
When we arrived we were informed that there was a problem with our room (the family suite). The truth was that they had overbooked it. So they put us in two separate rooms, one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor. My kids stayed on the 2nd floor in a very spacious junior suite, my husband and I were given a smaller one on the 3rd floor but it had a nice little balcony with views of Hagia Sophia and the sea of Marmara. Overall this worked out because our kids are big enough to stay in a room by themselves without any problems but would have been a problem if they had been little. The rooms were very nicely decorated, the beds were very comfortable, the TV had some English channels and was fairly large and the rooms were pretty spacious. My kids loved the jaccuzzi tub and so did I after a transatlantic flight.
The second day our bags were moved to the family room, where they put the extra bed in the second room. This made that room really snug but our kids liked being in their own room with their own tv. The main room had the master bed in an alcove and the living room area with the mini fridge and coffee/tea maker plus a larger tv. There was couch and a couple armchairs where we could sit and chat in the evenings and enjoy some apple tea. The beds were also very comfortable, the decor lovely, the great jaccuzzi tub. It was the perfect room for our family of five. There are two small Juliet balconies that give you views of the Blue Mosque. The only thing that I didn't like was that there was a bit of mold in all 3 bathrooms.
The location is fantastic just a block and half down from the Blue Mosque in a lovely street full of little shops and restaurants. There were a couple mini-markets nearby and a wonderful kabob cart on the corner. Because it is so close to the Blue Mosque you do hear the call to prayer but after a day or two it didn't bother us at all. The rooms on the back of the building are extremely quiet, almost eery. In the front you hear a few cars come and go but the double panes really damper most of the noise. The young lady at the front desk was fantastic and made our stay extraordinary, the other man was not as friendly. She arranged for a Turkish bath for us and called for directions one day and was just overall very friendly.
There were a couple things that the hotel should do to improve: provide a book with directions on how to work the heat, prices for the mini-bar (only the water was free but you must ask), tv channel guide, hotel procedures, etc...They also badly need an alarm clock, preferably with a docking station, it's 2012 afterall. I also was going to be charged for the call the front desk made asking for directions for me, but she waived it when I complained. We were taken to the airport with the same efficiency and care as the pick up.
The breakfast is just a couple doors down at the parent hotel. It had a tremendous variety of items with enough things to please even my picky kids. It is Turkey after all and several of the items are savory but that is what they eat. But I still had plenty of cereal, bread, eggs/meat choices to keep me looking forward to it every morning. Overall this was a great hotel, not luxurious but more than adequately meeting the needs of an american family that travels a lot. My kids give it a 7 our 10 with points being deducted for not having a pool and I give it a 8.5 for the little things that are missing. They should really utilize their top floor balcony. It would be a great place for a pool or a hot tub with the awesome views. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are extremely quiet but the ones in the front have a view of the Blue Mosque...