“Great location ! Helpful staff!”
Review of Mono Suites

Mono Suites
Ranked #339 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Magdeburg, Germany
“Great location ! Helpful staff!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The location of this hotel is in the center of everything interesting in Sultanhamet, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia and other nice attractions at walking distance which is great.Staff is very, very friendly and helpful. ( especially Veli Alphan ) . The room was very clean and sufficient for our stay .The breakfast was very nice and good options and it’s nicely build and it’s a clean place. WIFI was good.

This hotel is recommended as I found this after a lot of research and trust me other hotels are worst which I found during research. But this is good compared to others.

Assuming you got a good price for your room, this hotel is recommended for a city break in Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had a great time in Mono suites hotel. Staff were very friendly, nice and helpful. The place is clean and breakfast is very good. Excellent location, it's situated on a walking distance from the major attractions of the old city.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Good thing first, delicious breakfast and coaprative staff clean bed. But, the bathroom dose not work in the 2 rooms we switched in during our stay , the light was like candle , the currtens was old , and when you swim the water will fload from below the bath , and itwas 90 $ anight ,not like whatthey wrot, with this money there are many hotels in that area with better services

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Reviewed 17 August 2013

One of the best hotels in Turkey, a team collaborator, if i come to Turkey again I will go for this hotel
I wish success to all the staff, and I hope to be one of the best hotels in the world
I heard he will get change for a hotel for the best
I wish you success
Lena

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Nice hotel, with friendly staff at walking distance from the principal monuments. The breakfast is a little strange as the it is on a cellar without Windows or natural light but is very good. At very good price for the place at center Istambul, if what you need is a good place to sleep only near the places to visit at a good price this is good. The room are a little small but good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hello!

I have stayed at this hotel the last two nights. Everything was up to standard, except for the shuttle service to Sabiha airport this morning. I forgot a bag in the mini van and realised just a few minutes after being dropped, rushing out only to find that the driver was gone. I called the hotel and asked them to get in touch with the driver and ask him to come back, that I would be waiting for him. After 5 minutes I called again to make sure they had understood the situation. He said the driver was on his way. 15 minutes after I called him again and he said there was no luggage left in the car. I responed that it wasn´t a suitcase what I had left in there, but a bag next to the passenger seat. He said he would call the driver again and ask him to come back.

I waited 25 minutes in total, and the driver never showed up. No one from the hotel called me back to give an explanation of any kind. I am still thinking they weren´t really bothered in the first place.

This is a bad customer service I must say. The first time I called the hotel was 5 minutes after arriving, so I think it would have been pretty easy to turn around. But they clearly didn´t think that way and didn´t give an explanation, and for this reason I am giving this hotel a bad rating,

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Friends booked this well-located hotel through a travel agent. We three arrived and Mono had no record of our confirmed reservation. They were not interested in seeing/ knowing our confirmation# or our reservation ID# or even looking up our name. They said they only booked through Orbitz. However as we were "not checking in," another party were in the lobby at the same time who HAD BOOKED through Orbitz and they were "not checking in" either. Mono found other accommodations for us and walked us and our baggage there for one night. Our other 3 nights were here at Mono. Besides the desk phone noise jangling through our adjacent walls and the damp, musky smell, the beds were reasonable comfortable and breakfast in the basement dungeon was tasty. Also, don't bring your counted cross-stitch because the romantically, oh, let 's just say dimly lit room won't allow you to sew. Just bring a resin torch or a flashlight. Also be willing to share one key card among the members of your party. PS Desk staff are very nice, but it will help if you know Turkish, because their English is a bit confusing.

Room Tip: Look to see what is in disrepair, such as plaster patches in the wall, TP holder falling off & l...