“You Should Stay Here!”

Ranked #517 of 1,061 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Kalamazoo, MI, USA
“You Should Stay Here!”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The best part about the place is the friendly staff; Erhan, Harun and Mehmet. They are very welcoming and can all communicate in English, which was helpful to this American. Now, I have to say that this is not a typical American hotel at all. If you are a very tall or large person, you will be uncomfortable. That being said, this place has other charming qualities that make up for limited space. It is more like a cute Bed & Breakfast. There are only 8 rooms so the staff know everyone staying there. It is in the best part of town. You will feel totally safe walking around even late at night. Breakfast is fantastic! They have great food and you can easily engage the staff in interesting conversation. My friend and I stayed in the room with the balcony and enjoyed ourselves immensely! You will love the atmosphere at this place!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TaraS548

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Tashkent
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Be careful! Blackmailers! A first thing what surprised me when I come to this hotel was refusal to accept credit cards. They demanded for cash. Though, there was no information about it on the booking.com and I booked room with credit card. Then we paid for 3 persons for 2 rooms. Manager of the hotel mr. Okan demanded extra 150 USD. He said that it was deposit. Then I gave that amount on money. But, on the day of our leaving he gave to me only 10 USD and said that we had to put the highest mark on the booking.com and after that we would take our money. That was outright blackmail! For 20 days now he did not give money back. I asked my friend in Istanbul to take that money. Manager of the hotel mr. Okan always promise to return that money, but at the agreed time he find an excuse not to give that money. I see he has no intention to return money. That money does not matter, but his attitude and treatment of customers does matter. I don’t recommend to anybody to go to that hotel. Because you can face outright lie and blackmail.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank jonniA_13

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The hotel is simple and the rooms are small, but everything is very clean and comfortable. The staff is lovely -- everybody is polite and friendly --, and gave us some tips about the city and also some general information about the life is Istanbul. The price is faire to what the hotel proposes: something simple, but pleasent at the same time.

The location is also great, and I think Beyoglu may be the best place to stay at the city: it has some touristic points, is relatively close to the most famous ones, has efficient public transport (which are very easy to use and worth it) and has a great night life, with lots of cafes, restaurants and pubs.

I would come back, of I could.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank DominguesLia
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I don't know how to start, but, in Little House Hotel you'll meet the best friendly staff you might ever see like Harun, Mehmet and Erhan, BEST STAFF I repeat. Very Friendly ,Welcoming and Helpful with Great Hospitality. The room was so clean and with very acceptable facilities. I know reviews here are concerned about the size of the room, we were 3 (triple room) but managed to accommodate to the available space. A small reception but without any problems for us. LOCATION was excellent, very near to Istiklal and Taksim. Breakfast was simple but very acceptable. I really would repeat my visit to Little House Hotel next time insha Allah.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Istanbuldaki
Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We only stayed one night but have booked again for September. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the best we have experienced in Turkey, so much of everything, and all fresh and tasty. We were close to Taksim square, and Istiklal Cadessi, fantastic location and quiet at night. So looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

Perfectly located nearby Taksim square and Istiklal street. Nice and attentive staff, clean room. Almost no street noise, but inner noise insulation is poor. Room is small but we did not have any problem with it.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank dmitry-oknelukav
riyadh
Reviewed 15 February 2013

the suite is very cosy and clean. very good to stay in if you dont want a fancy hotel. the location is very good near taqseem and you can reach the metro by walking it takes almost 7 min...
the rooms are good and clean but they are very small so dont take to much stuff with you. the wifi is very bad if you are an internet user it will drive you crazy.
the breakfast is good but not wow.
the staff are friendly and everyone is smiling. my advice is if you are going alone or with one friend for a short period its really a good place, but if you have a family or kids dont even think about it.

Room Tip: chose a room with balcony