“They made me feel at home right away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little House Hotel

Little House Hotel
Ranked #392 of 1,012 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“They made me feel at home right away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

As a documentary photographer I've seen more than a few hotels. The Little House Hotel classifies as a real gem for me. It is easily to get to by Taxi, Metro or the shuttle bus from the airport. It is near Taksim square but without the noise of the shopping street. The staff was very helpful and kind. They serve real breakfast with fresh products and you can get tea or coffee any time of the day. What I loved about my room was the balcony, a small one yes, but enough place for me te relax, enjoy some sun or the cool evening breeze. My room had a small table seize refrigerator where I could stash my waterbottles, juice and fruit.
The staff and the owner are what makes this Hotel so special. Because my stay was work related I sometime worked downstairs in the breakfast area because of the company of the staff and way they look after you which does make you feel at home. One of my best moments of my stay was when I came back from a meeting late in the evening that some of the other guests where downstairs having conversations and drinking tea and I was invited right away for tea and join the conversation. If you travel on your own these are the good things.

So thank you so much for making my stay at your hotel so nice ;-)

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor so you have to climb some stairs. If that is not your thing take a ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank RonaldDamwijk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Before coming to the actual hotel itself, I have to say it has a fabulous location! In Beyoglu, just round the corner from Istiklal Cadessi, Taksim Square and the metro!

For this, one can forgive the hotel for being very small - but it was neat and clean and I was happy to find spotless linen on the bed. We had the 'penthouse suite' - a tiny room at the top with balconies at both ends and that made it very special. Everything about the hotel is doll-size - even the elevator which accomodates only 2 people cheek-by-jowl so watch out if you are a large person :)

The little lobby doubles up as a reception and breakfast room and the breakfast itself was a spread of breads, cold cuts, pastries and had a vending machine for tea and coffee so no complaints.

Very helpful staff - Murat who ran countless errands for us, Okan the manager and most of all Mehmet who we relied on for all kinds of information with great patience and a smile.

I will definitely come back to Forbes when I next visit Istanbul

Room Tip: Ask for the room on top!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nina K
Cordoba, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Staff was very irritated and rude. They were very unprofessional!!!
We arrived at night and there were strange people at the lobby who were not hotel guest or personnel. We felt unsafe.
We had booked the room by internet with my credit card, but when we arrived the recepcionist told us that we had to pay cash, because they didn´t accept credit card (as the web site says). And we had to do it at that moment, in advance, something unusual in the rest of the hotels I had been before. We didn´t have enough cash we gave him €100 as a way of guarantee. The day after, the hotel had charged all the amount in my credit card and they never gave me back the €100. So I was ripped off.
The rooms were dirty and full of dampness and they were so small that there were no place for the luggage.
The fridge had expired beverages.
There were cams in the hallway and in the rooms, too. Privacity didn´t exist. You could hear everything that was going on outside the room.
Breakfast was really poor
The WORST EXPERIENCE I had in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Federico S

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Surprised to find so many people writing that they had a bad experience at this hotel since mine was v good. I stayed with my husband on our honeymoon here and had a great time. Yes the rooms are small but most hotels in Istanbul have small rooms and at least they have an elevator. I visited istanbul again recently and really regretted not staying here. The breakfast area is a bit small tho and often there is a searing problem. But the staff is good and u have a free supply of tea sachets that u can take up to ur room and a free water dispenser as well where u can refill ur bottles. Very close to main taksim and istiklal street. Breakfast not the best but good enough. Overall 8/10

• Stayed April 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel has perfect location, very good price, clean rooms with working air conditioner, cable tv, Wi-Fi etc.. everything one needs or can hope to have in a hotel at any price. Although these would be more than enough to give Little House Hotel aaa+++ recommendation it doesn't end there; Little House Hotel's greatest asset is it's staff. All of them, without exception give 100% to please their guests. Their genuine, sincere hospitality is an excellent example of Turkish tradition. It is my pleasure to recommend Little House Hotel, not only for the location/price etc.. but for their warm, welcoming reception which can never be found in a so called five star hotel.

Room Tip: two rooms on each floor, total four floors. there is no elevator, so if available try to get a room...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SahanMarkaryan
Vinnytsya, Ukraine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

The hotel is actually very small, even tiny. In the elevator just 2 people can fit. Rooms are normal, but also very small. A big plus - proximity to the city center. PS The breakfasts are very light but you can eat apples any time you want)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MiloslavaChe
Tehran, Iran
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

The rooms are very small ,that you can not walk 2 persons together and change clothes, the breakfast is very poor and simple , room service does not clean the room every day , only set the bed ( they did not clean the bathroom and get shampoo ,soap) , there is school near the hotel with sounds of it . but the staffs are good and ok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business