“Owners and staff make this hotel great”
Review of Little House Hotel

and 1 more site!
Little House Hotel
Ranked #525 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Owners and staff make this hotel great”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Hotel is right the heart of the action in Taksim Square and close to the attractions. A small place with only a handful of rooms, the owners and staff make this hotel a gem. Very clean, nice rooms that is very decently priced. Comes with breakfast every morning and the desk people will help you with whatever you need. Since it is close to alot of bars and restaurants there will be some noise late into the night, however everything else there was great.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'm a female who was travelling alone. PLEASE READ.

Hotel was clean and that's the only good thing about it.

It's located two roads off Istiklal Ave., good location, in theory, but it can be a bit creepy at night.

The manager is a pervert. He asked whether he could accompany me to dinner on the first night I got there, I said no and he later called my room to comment that I obviously had no intention of going down for dinner. He finally got the message. I was most definitely not made to feel comfortable, as the hotel was tiny and there was no one I could complain to - he was the manager. I didn't want any trouble so I left things as they were, it appeared to cool down UNTIL the last day: when the manager said I had apparently not booked for a transfer service back to the airport.

He is a liar, there were emails where we had discussed my incoming and outgoing flights, and I had sent him my flight details so he could confirm when my transfer service would be picking me up from airport upon arrival and picking me up from the hotel to take me back to the airport on the last day.

After a mini battle, the manager, as an apparent gesture of good will, agreed to provide me with a transfer service back to the airport. He simply refused to accept that I had paid for it, he did not refer to our email correspondence. I didn't continue arguing as I wanted to get out as soon as possible.

Don't book here. If you do book because of price/location, then make sure you take a print out of email correspondence with you so they can't argue that you didn't pay for a certain service when you have.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Happy923

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 September 2013

As a documentary photographer I've seen more than a few hotels. The Little House Hotel classifies as a real gem for me. It is easily to get to by Taxi, Metro or the shuttle bus from the airport. It is near Taksim square but without the noise of the shopping street. The staff was very helpful and kind. They serve real breakfast with fresh products and you can get tea or coffee any time of the day. What I loved about my room was the balcony, a small one yes, but enough place for me te relax, enjoy some sun or the cool evening breeze. My room had a small table seize refrigerator where I could stash my waterbottles, juice and fruit.
The staff and the owner are what makes this Hotel so special. Because my stay was work related I sometime worked downstairs in the breakfast area because of the company of the staff and way they look after you which does make you feel at home. One of my best moments of my stay was when I came back from a meeting late in the evening that some of the other guests where downstairs having conversations and drinking tea and I was invited right away for tea and join the conversation. If you travel on your own these are the good things.

So thank you so much for making my stay at your hotel so nice ;-)

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor so you have to climb some stairs. If that is not your thing take a ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank RonaldDamwijk
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Before coming to the actual hotel itself, I have to say it has a fabulous location! In Beyoglu, just round the corner from Istiklal Cadessi, Taksim Square and the metro!

For this, one can forgive the hotel for being very small - but it was neat and clean and I was happy to find spotless linen on the bed. We had the 'penthouse suite' - a tiny room at the top with balconies at both ends and that made it very special. Everything about the hotel is doll-size - even the elevator which accomodates only 2 people cheek-by-jowl so watch out if you are a large person :)

The little lobby doubles up as a reception and breakfast room and the breakfast itself was a spread of breads, cold cuts, pastries and had a vending machine for tea and coffee so no complaints.

Very helpful staff - Murat who ran countless errands for us, Okan the manager and most of all Mehmet who we relied on for all kinds of information with great patience and a smile.

I will definitely come back to Forbes when I next visit Istanbul

Room Tip: Ask for the room on top!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nina K
Cordoba, Argentina
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Staff was very irritated and rude. They were very unprofessional!!!
We arrived at night and there were strange people at the lobby who were not hotel guest or personnel. We felt unsafe.
We had booked the room by internet with my credit card, but when we arrived the recepcionist told us that we had to pay cash, because they didn´t accept credit card (as the web site says). And we had to do it at that moment, in advance, something unusual in the rest of the hotels I had been before. We didn´t have enough cash we gave him €100 as a way of guarantee. The day after, the hotel had charged all the amount in my credit card and they never gave me back the €100. So I was ripped off.
The rooms were dirty and full of dampness and they were so small that there were no place for the luggage.
The fridge had expired beverages.
There were cams in the hallway and in the rooms, too. Privacity didn´t exist. You could hear everything that was going on outside the room.
Breakfast was really poor
The WORST EXPERIENCE I had in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Federico S
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Surprised to find so many people writing that they had a bad experience at this hotel since mine was v good. I stayed with my husband on our honeymoon here and had a great time. Yes the rooms are small but most hotels in Istanbul have small rooms and at least they have an elevator. I visited istanbul again recently and really regretted not staying here. The breakfast area is a bit small tho and often there is a searing problem. But the staff is good and u have a free supply of tea sachets that u can take up to ur room and a free water dispenser as well where u can refill ur bottles. Very close to main taksim and istiklal street. Breakfast not the best but good enough. Overall 8/10

• Stayed April 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel has perfect location, very good price, clean rooms with working air conditioner, cable tv, Wi-Fi etc.. everything one needs or can hope to have in a hotel at any price. Although these would be more than enough to give Little House Hotel aaa+++ recommendation it doesn't end there; Little House Hotel's greatest asset is it's staff. All of them, without exception give 100% to please their guests. Their genuine, sincere hospitality is an excellent example of Turkish tradition. It is my pleasure to recommend Little House Hotel, not only for the location/price etc.. but for their warm, welcoming reception which can never be found in a so called five star hotel.

Room Tip: two rooms on each floor, total four floors. there is no elevator, so if available try to get a room...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo