“Fabulous day with Kemal!”

Istanbul Photo Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #78 of 407 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Istanbul Photo Tours are organized by Istanbul Photo Workshops and a perfect opportunity to help you improve your photography in a short time while discovering little known, non-touristic spots of Istanbul. You may end up in a gypsy market, enter a metal workshop located inside a Middle Age caravanserai, drink tea with locals, may join a local wedding, circumcision ceremony, photographing kids enjoying the small local entertainment park of a remote neighbourhood or discover the most ethnically diverse and colourful areas of Istanbul. If you would like to take your photography and communication skills to the next step this is a great opportunity to learn about the city, country and its people side by side with National Geographic photographer guides who spent most of his life in Istanbul.
Issaquah, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous day with Kemal!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from taking a group to Istanbul and our favorite day was spent with Kemal doing a photo tour. It could not have been any better and his expertise in so many ways...knowledge of history, knowledge of sights, knowledge of cameras with great advice for everyone.
Highly recommend spending a minimum of a half day with Kemal; I promise it will be the highlight of your Istanbul visit.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lois B
Eosss, Manager at Istanbul Photo Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you very much, it was a great pleasure to know you. I hope to see you again in Istanbul next year.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unique perspective ”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second time doing a guided photography tour -- I liked it so much in Venice that I seeked out another one when I was visiting Istanbul with my wife. I have been working on my photography skills as a hobbyist for the last 5 years, and Kemal's tips really helped me grow.

I highly recommend the workshop and grand bazaar tours, as he has spent a lot of time developing acquaintances with many artisans and shopkeepers. Unfortunately we didn't get to see gold melting on the day we went, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. As a consolation, after calling around a bit, Kemal stayed with us for an extra hour so he could show us an aluminum workshop where they were melting.

I wish we had the stamina to do a full day tour, but it's nonstop walking all day, so we opted for half day, and it was still fantastic!

2 Thank Joel Y
I'm happy that my tips were useful to you. Thank you very much for this positive review and I hope to see you in Istanbul again.
Antwerp, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Connect with the real Istanbul”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have been several times in Istanbul in the past years. Kemal was recommended by a good friend. Even though I had seen some of the places on Kemal's tour I had not really seen them. I was introduced to many details that escape. But also Kemal introduced us to many local people and store holders. These meetings were exceptional. Furthermore it is beautiful to see how Kemal photographs and deals with the challenges of street photography. He is a very warm person and is always ready to share his expertise. Great guy. Great tour. Great city.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Johan R
I'm really happy that I could be useful to a cinematographer while discovering the city and add some memorable places and people. You're always welcome for another experience.
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grand Bazar in a different light..”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Kemal's tours are very special indeed. I thought I have seen the Bazar...but i was taken to places and corner that an ordinary tourist can't know of. Loved the bronze workshops. And the introduction to a famous Armenian jewelry designer totally changed my standards of beauty and glamour!!! The tour finished on a rooftop with a great sunset and some cool beers, overlooking amazing Istanbul.
Thank you so much for showing me Istanbuls diamonds.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank EstherEmu
Even though our tour was short I'm happy that you've enjoyed it. It actually ended up being quite different than usual because of your personal interests and it was interesting even for myself. Thank you for your time for writing a review.
Berlin, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The ultimate phototour for a passionate traveller”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was my 17th trip to Istanbul, totally love that city. I mostly don't go anymore to Sultanahmet where there are too many other tourists. But I decided to give it a chance with a professional guide. Kemal got recommended through a friend. It was so worth it! We started at one of the gates of the Grand Bazar. He took a few side streets near the bazar, a few stairs, a few doors and in no time we were in a complete different world. He knows so many people there and they clearly trust him. The second stop changed completely my perspective on luxury. He picked the right places for us and managed to show things that I've always missed, even if passing nearby. The final stop was a total surpise, for me the best view in Istanbul and the perfect finish of the trip.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Louis J
As a person who has been to Istanbul so many times being able to surprise you was a special threat to me. Thank you for positive contribution and you'll always be welcomed here.