“Royal spa - turkish bath” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rixos Pera Istanbul

Rixos Pera Istanbul
Ranked #59 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Royal spa - turkish bath”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We weren't hotel guests but were recommended the hotel spa for a couples turkish bath. And I have to say that it didn't disappoint - even though I wasn't originally keen on the idea. It was priced right in the middle of the "nice turkish bath" facilities. The service was exceptional and the bath itself - WOW!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rixos P, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Rixos Pera Istanbul, responded to this review, 2 August 2015
Dear Joel,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your spa experience at Rixos Pera Istanbul. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the hotel and our services.

We highly value and appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Istanbul.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
jeddah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

i spent one of most beautiful days in my life in this hotel,, its a very amazing amazing hotel,, we select a junior suite room with a see view,, it was big room ,, nice big sofa ,, tv ,, coffee machine,, no sound from out side,, very very comfortable room,, breakfast location unbelievable (don't miss it) ,, every thing you need is available around the hotel (istiklal ST) near the hotel,, the hotel decor is very beautiful,, very comfortable bed,, a special thanks for all stuff in the hotel from the manager to the door man assistant and a specially at the concierge (Nuri) it was my first time in Istanbul because of nuri we feel like our home,, we was lucky to be in this hotel and finding nuri directed us to most amazing places in istanbul,, he was very
professional. i very recommended this hotel.

Room Tip: take high floor room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rixos P, Guest Relations Manager at Rixos Pera Istanbul, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guests,

From the whole Rixos Pera team we want to wish you happiness in your married life and say that we were extremely happy to welcome you in our hotel for such important day.

Thank you very much for your special emphasis on the human factor as we do also believe to be the most important ingredient of any business. We will continue to do our very best to deserve such uplifting comments from our guests.
It is a pleasure for us to read that you had a lovely stay here and we hope it is not the last time you decided to choose our hotel for your next Istanbul visit.

With kindest regards,
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for 9 nights with my family, It is great five stars hotel, very good location with sea view and on few steps to Istiklal street and Taksim square, where you can find amazing shopping and food area.
The stuff is The staff is polite and very helpfu, very friendly, professional and responding any request on time with very kind support.
The rooms is comfortable, very clean and full of amenities.
I recommend Rixos Pera hotel for any one want to visit Istanbul.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Rixos Pera Istanbul and taking time for your kind review on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your comments and we want to thank you for your positive feedback about our location, staff and decoration.

Thank you again for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent service, all of our request were honored promptly. Special thank you to Bellman Gokhan for making us feel welcome and special, He remembered our names and had a great smile every morning. Location is fantastic if you have never been to Istanbul before everything is within walking distance.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cris F
Rixos P, Public Relations Manager at Rixos Pera Istanbul, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We are happy to read your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at Rixos Pera Istanbul.
First of all thank you very much for your comments regarding Mr. Gokhan as it has been highly honored us and we will definitely share these valuable feedbacks with him.

Kind Regards.
Tripoli, Tarabulus, Libya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for almost 2 weeks، food, service and even the location was perfect i wouldn't ask for more. I want to say a special thanks to the girl in the reception "Begum" and to bell boy "Gökhan" they helped us so much i hope that i could see them again some day, and if i had the chance to go back to Istanbul i wouldn't even think twice about staying in "Rixos Pera"

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valuable Guest

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments shared with us in Tripadvisor.com

We are more than pleased to learn that you were delighted with your stay and were happy with our hotel, staff and services rendered to you in Rixos Pera Istanbul. You may rest assured that we pass your comments of appreciation to staff you have mentioned.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Rixos Pera.

Best Regards,
المملكه العربيه السعوديه
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had one of the most memorable stay in Great hotal in excellent location of istanbul .. This hotel really treated me like a guest the room is very cleaned .. We liked the decoration of the lobby .. The staff is polite and very helpful special thanks to ( Ms.Rasim ) he is a very helpful , welcoming all the time ,smiling , really he is unforgettable person . The breakfast was nice in the roof top with amazing view . The concierge where helpful .. I will definitely stay here again ..

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Rixos Pera Istanbul.

We are delighted to hear that you were happy with the hotel and our services, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at Rixos Pera Istanbul.

Best Regards,
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I will be writing a formal letter to the Rixos Pera management but here is my feedback on my 2 day stay at the hotel from 29th to 30th Aug '13. Stayed in a junior suite in the 2nd building.
Arrival. Main hotel entrance is on a busy junction and problem to get taxi parked outside hotel to unload luggage. staff busy so had to unload 2 suitcases myself. 20 minutes waiting time in lobby before having to ask for water myself! and getting keys to room. Asked about extra towels, bed, etc for my 6 year old son and guy at reception just confirmed everything was in place. Got to the room,nothing was there. 1 call later and 3 visits to my room to have in place what should have already been provided by a 5 star service meant my son could not sleep for 1 hour after our arrival - ouch!!!!

Our Stay. Red (perhaps blood?) stain on wooden floor in our reception room was never cleaned after 2 days of our stay. Outside carpet of the 2nd floor was never vacuumed. Emergency stair exit just near our room continuously left open and sometimes filled with dirty dishes!! Cocktails not served after 11pm but only a minor complaint. Also many alcoholic drinks were not available. Internet in rooms is not free of charge - what in the year 2013? Get a grip!! Cappuccino is an extra charge at breakfast - wow!

Our Departure. I have left the best for last! It took 3 calls, one physical visit to reception and 40 minutes to get my luggage down to reception. At checkout the hotel tried to charge me at a specially higher exchange than the normal spot rate. When asked what this was, reply was 'it's a special rate' to cover the mini-bar, etc' . Of course I refused to pay this rate and was then given a refund using the lower exchange rate. I WOULD ADVISE ALL OF YOU TO CHECK YOUR FINAL INVOICE IF RATE WAS NOT IN TURKISH LIRA!!!! Having told the reception that the hotel was the worst 5 star hotel I have ever state at in Istanbul, the final indignity that there was no-one to take hail us a taxi which my wife did and the she even had to put the luggage into the taxi since I was arguing with the reception team and there was was no-one there to help her...unbelievable!!

Now, despite the above, it is a lovely hotel, great location, staff are polite and rooms are in a cool style and size but unless these small but very important attention points to detail are sorted out, frankly, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. For reference, I have stayed in over 6 other 5 star hotels and suites in Istanbul before and my remarks are borne out of experience and not spite. I hope that you are able to look into and change, fix, improve these for the future. Then, perhaps who knows....my family and I will pay a 2nd visit.

Kind Regards, Blaise Pinto

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BlaisePinto
Rixos P, Front Office Manager at Rixos Pera Istanbul, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Blaise Pinto,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We believe the feedback of our guests, whether positive or negative, plays a crucial role in pushing ourselves and achieving service excellence so your input in this regard is much appreciated.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that your stay with us did not uphold to the Rixos standards and excellence we strive to deliver consistently. I assure you that all your feedback is taken into consideration for corrections and improvements. Your elaborate feedback is extremely valuable as it provides us with an opportunity to assess and improve our service at every level.

I sincerely hope that we will have another occasion to rectify this for you.

Dear Blaise Pinto, despite this recent experience, I hope to be able to welcome you and your family back with us again on a future trip to Istanbul. Upon that visit, please let me know beforehand so I make sure you will have a most pleasant stay here at Rixos Pera.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require.

Kind regards to Munich,