““Fantastic stay - Would definitely go back!””

Elanaz Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #7 of 1,051 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
““Fantastic stay - Would definitely go back!””
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Excellent Hotel, everything at Elanaz was perfect. The staff are very very friendly and welcoming. They did everything possible to make our stay comfortable and memorable. The hotel location is very convenient as well,it is close to tram station,near all the tourist spots and Bosphorous. Breakfast was delicious with selection of homemade pastries. We know the next time we go to Istanbul we don't have to search for hotels,we will go back to Elanaz and would recommend it to everyone.Out of the various hotels we have stayed in at different places Elanaz has been the best in hospitality till date. (We stayed for 6 nights as honeymooners)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Elanaz Hotel M, Manager at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Dear Sir,
We thank you very much for your review. We hope to see and host you again in Elanaz Hotel.
Best Regards,
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, UK
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

Best thing was the beautiful (and spacious by Istanbul standards) room, the standard of which is rarely available in this price bracket. Staff were also friendly and helpful, they even parked my car for me after I arrived frazzled after fighting with Istanbul traffic and roadworks. Great location too, near all the main sights and the tram to "modern" Istanbul.

Only small gripe is they recommended a restaurant (Yaka) that tried to rip me off, but that was hardly the hotel's fault!

If I had a room tip it would be to check what floor you get with a sea view room. We were on the fourth floor but couldn't see much water over the train station (not many trains so no noise issues, in fact room was very quiet for such a busy city).

Overall, would not hesitate to recommend.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Elanaz Hotel M, Manager at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 24 July 2012

Best regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel is no wider than a good-sized English terraced house, but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for in standards.

The pictures on the website are just how you experience it when you are there.

The room I stayed in was very comfortable, with a firm-mattressed bed, crisp sheets, great shower, French windows that pretty well soundproofed it when closed, and quiet AC.

My only niggles would be rather small desk and the fact that you kept having to sign in to the wifi every 20 mins or so if you're working. But otherwise I'd struggle to find fault.

Breakfast was more Germanic than Turkish, with cold cheeses / meats plus the usual cereals, yoghurts etc. But also with home made Turkish bread roles and cakes by the friendly cook.

Needless to say, this hasn't got the amenities of a medium-sized or bigger hotel. No pool, sauna, gym, etc, and it doesn't do dinner. But what it does do, it does very well.

Staff were also very efficient and friendly, but business-like too. They arranged pick-up from the airport for me and advised (unprompted) that I'd be better getting a shuttle bus back to the airport on my return.

The location is great for a city-break, being close to the mosques, Grand Bazaar etc and a five minute walk to the ferries on the Golden Horn waterfront. I was there for a conference near Taksim Sq and it was less convenient for that, but it's two minute walk to a tram stop that takes you across the Horn. Taxis also plentiful.

The hotel is also in a side-street, making it I think a bit quiter than others on a main-drag.

I paid just under £200 for three nights - I reckon very reasonable.

All in all a great little hotel for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Book early - there are only 13 rooms!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We hope to see and host you again in our hotel.
Best regards
The Hague
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Please stay at Elanaz Hotel. It is clean, well-maintained and in the middle of everything. Breakfast is very tasty and the lady in the kitchen prepares the most wonderful eggs. Very friendly staff, lovely owners.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
We thank you very much for your review. We hope to see and host you again in our hotel.

Best regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 June 2012

If you are planning a trip to Istanbul you cannot miss on this wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of the old town. Placed in the conjunction of Sultanahmet, Sirkeci and Grand bazaar and minutes walking from the Bosphorus this cute boutique hotel just makes you feel like at home. Decoration is taking care to the minimum detail, rooms are very comfortable and breakfast delicious!!. You will really feel sorry when leaving. But beyond all, the wonderful staff, the hotel management, their excellent customer service, hospitality and courtesy is priceless. We stayed there twice and we will be coming back anytime. (BTW, if you are flying in don't forget to arrange the pick up service with them, service is excellent and you avoid taxi drivers cheating on you)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Elanaz Hotel M, Owner at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
We thank you very much for your wonderful review. We hope to see and host you again in our hotel.
Best regards,
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel is simply beautiful! the staff is super friendly, the rooms are beautiful and quite big, room service daily, very clean room, bed sheets, towels and bathroom.
The furniture is simple, modern and clean (ikea, vitra....) and as an interior architect and an industrial designer myself, I couldn't find a single flaw or crack in the walls or something badly executed in the room ,the bathroom or the furniture...it was all a 10/10 for me.
You have everything you need, plus a great staff starting from the owner and ending with the breakfast lady.
The breakfast is quite rich everyday, they really make you feel as if you were home.
The hotel is a 2 min walk from a tramway station and you have loads of taxis hanging there all the time. It's also a 10 min walk from the galata bridge over the bosphorus with access to ferries and boats and all.
I stayed there with a friend and my birthday happened to be during our five day stay.
They gave us a reduction on the room fees, sent me a bottle of wine 2 days prior to my birthday and on my birthday I came back at midnight to find a beautiful scarf with a best wishes note on my bed sent by the hotel staff...then 5 minutes later they sent me a small cake with lit candles to my room saying they had been waiting for me all day to bring the cake up.
The following day during my check out, they were super nice as well and the daughter of the owner got me a small traditional hand painted turkish bowl as a gift as well.
This hotel was really amazing, we were more than impressed by everything!
I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my family and friends and I will be back very soon!
This hotel is a 10/10 I repeat, and the pictures on the page really don't do it justice...it's much nicer in reality!
Thumbs up to the entire staff for their beautiful work!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely review. As Elanaz Hotel, we are looking forward hosting and seeing you soon.

Kindest Regards,
Managing Director
Ascona, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Elanaz is a true boutique gem of a hotel in Istanbul. The central location, right next to Sirkeci, is very convenient.

The real fascination is the hotel itself, and its wonderful management and staff. The hotel is small, and completed just three months ago to a high modern standard, with a well functioning lobby. Our room was attractive and practically furnished. The shower in the bathroom was spacious and caressing, with every detail well planned. The breakfast room in the basement is small, and easily crowded, but the breakfast itself was sumptuous, and impeccably served.

The welcome to the hotel was unique, and warmly personal. We immediately knew we had come home. Management language skills were rare in Turkey. With their truly PERSONAL attention, Everything was possible, and doable, and every detail would be taken care of.

What a rare combination of warmly courteous attention and utterly comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Elanaz Hotel M, Manager at Elanaz Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear sir,
We thank you very much for your review. We are looking forward to seeing and hosting you again in Elanaz Hotel.
Kindest Regards