“A Jewel in Istanbul”

Elanaz Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #5 of 1,080 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This small but very nice hotel will provide you with a great experience. From the moment I walked through the doors until the time I left, the hotel staff were excellent!! Room was very clean, and very quiet. It overlooked the Bhosphorous. If you are looking for a comfortable experience for your stay in Istanbul, then this Hotel will give you that and more!!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen L

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel is great. Staff are great, super-friendly, furnishings are top-notch, the place is clean, and the location is essentially perfect.

If you stay here, you cannot go wrong.

One thing to note (and this may not be specific to Elanaz) is that the 'balcony' is not really a balcony. It is a door that opens fully outside, but there is no place that you can actually sit outside as I generally expect from a balcony.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

From the moment I walked in and was greeted with a smile and the most helpful run through of the hotel, the city and its attractions I knew Elanaz was going to be a great place. I got there at 7am and my room was still in use so they looked after my bags and invited me to have breakfast.
But they also made it priority and followed through so the room was ready shortly after the other occupants left. They lent me a travel card, they helped me with online tickets for Hagia Sophia and when the ticket had a glitch due to the Hagia website, they booked another and paid for it themselves so i could be on my way.
This is the type of service you will receive at Elanaz and from all staff.
In addition to this, the breakfast were varied and lovely. It is well located near the tram line and within 10 minutes of the major attractions, Hagia Topkapi, Cisterns etc. plenty of local shops and places to eat nearby.
The room was very cosy and clean, nice bathroom and the bed was extremely comfortable which is so important.
The mini bar was at good prices so I was not afraid to open the fridge door expecting a charge.
And the wireless internet worked very well, a must for todays traveller.
I cannot recommend Elanaz more highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Group7_Adventure
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The location makes this boutique hotel unbeatable as it is one minute from a tram stop, five minutes from the galata bridge, a 10 minute walk to the blue mosque etc, and not in the super-touristy Sultanahmet area (so only "touristy"). We had the cheapest room available in the basement which still has good daylight from windows. The beds were comfortable, the room/bathroom very modern, and plenty of reading lamps and overhead lights. We borrowed a metro card which made using transit easy. My kid was also plied with candy and fruit drinks on a daily basis so he was quite fond of the staff. Breakfast includes local pastries, multiple jams and a large jar of nutella, scrambled and boiled eggs among standard Turkish fare (meat, cheese, olives), but does not have fresh fruit. The reason I don't give it five stars is because breakfast is in the basement (but a cheery room), a bit cramped and a little depressing without seeing morning light. If this doesn't bother you then this will be a five star experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alyosha09
Reviewed 30 April 2013

After a long flight from Bangalore, India with my wife and 2 kids, Elanaz and the very courteous and helpful staff of Mr. Erdem, Ms. Kurba and the rest provided the perfect welcome to Istanbul. We were upgraded to the absolutely lovely Bosphorous View Suite (at no additional charge !!) for 4 days and had the most wonderful platform for a truly enjoyable trip to Istanbul. Elanaz is perfectly located in Sultanahmet and is just 15 minutes walk from the Ayasofia, Blue Mosque, Bosphorous cruises, Topkapi Palace, Museums, Calaloglu Hamam etc. etc. and is a stones throw from the tram station for other locations. I will strongly recommend Elanaz to anyone visiting the Istanbul area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Narayanan S
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is my fifth time in Istanbul, and I wanted to try a new location, near the Galata Bridge (older section), and this hotel made it very convenient to walk down to the Bosphorus, take a ferry (e.g., Golden Horn or Bosphorus cruise) or walk over the bridge. I absolutely love Istanbul!

Service was excellent and welcoming in all respects, from beginning to end (and in between)!

Breakfast included a wide variety of Turkish items, buffet style, including scrambled eggs and meat and also cold cereals like meusli (my choice), real coffee, and canned fruit juice. I'd have liked more fresh fruit, but in general the breakfast was good.

My main reason for not giving 5 stars is that from my room (22) plus the breakfast room in the basement, there was no visual experience of anything in Istanbul. Higher rooms have partial or full Bosphorus views, so that experience would be different. My room did have natural light and a tiny balcony blocked off from what was probably a construction site. Room was good and of course clean and I slept well, but I missed what you find at some other places either in the room or breakfast, a view of the city. Breakfast room could feel a bit cramped if many people are there.

Room Tip: If you want a view, pay extra and get one. I didn't see those rooms, but I accept the praise of...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week and it was great. The location is great just a short walk or tram to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and other Old Town attractions and right near the Bosphorus. The breakfast had a nice variety with fresh baked goods everyday. The staff was really courteous and very helpful with any questions that we had. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple