“Comfortable stay....”

Ranked #24 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Comfortable stay....”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We had a very comfortable stay at Oba hotel. The people were very warm especially Ismail, who provided us with all the information about Istanbul we needed. It is about 15 mins walk from all the major attractions in the Sultanahmet area and yet has very quite surroundings. We found it value for money and would definitely consider for any future travel to Istanbul.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We loved our stay at the Oba Hotel. It was just minutes from the beautiful Blue Mosque, but adjacent a smaller, yet still magnificent Sinan mosque. It was also convenient to walk to the tram and the grand bazaar. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The breakfast was delicious every morning and the hospitality could not be beat. One small consideration- there is no elevator, so you'll get a bit of exercise if on the 4th floor!

1 Thank Shameema S
Yalova
Reviewed 25 August 2012

After comparing alot various hotel's in the area online I settled on Oba Hotel and was extremely happy with my decision. The room was excellent. Great location, only a short walk away from Istanbul's historical attractions. We had great service from all staff. Will definitely stay at Oba Hotel on my next visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I spent 2 nights at Oba Hotel and the words that come to mind are warmth and hospitality. I went by the high reviews in picking this hotel and I was happy to have done so. Right from the moment of my reservation to my check out, Ismail was attentive, responsible and prompt (ask him to arrange the airport pick up and drop off, totally worth it; he can also arrange other travel plans).
If you are looking for a big hotel experience, this is not for you. HOWEVER, if you want to experience staying in an Istanbul residential area, experience the true warmth of the people of Istanbul, and have a "different and local" travel experience, this is for you. Ismail and his staff were the epitome of warmth and hospitality, which was really important for me. I read another review which said that it felt like you weren't travelling alone when staying here; that is so true. Ismail took time to talk, invited you down to his kitchen to taste his latest creation (pavlova as one of tomorrow's breakfast items) and took care of little things. It felt like coming "home" at the end of a long travel day and reminded me of my "exchange student" days so many years ago. Compounded by a clean and comfortable space, the personal experience at Oba is hands down the best I've had. Thanks Ismail and everyone; you have a special place in my memories of Istanbul!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank A R
Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated for the sights of Istanbul and is small, charming, well appointed and Ismail, your host, is extraordinarily helpful and knowledgeable. I spent five days there and really enjoyed it - everything the other reviews say about it are correct.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Walter S
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Oba for 9 days spread over 3 visits during our holiday in July/ August 2012. We loved this small stylish hotel in old Istanbul a few minutes walk from the major attractions. We agree with the previous reviews about the quality of the hotel and the hotel management. Ismail,Tulay and their staff were wonderful, helpful, and relaxed. We walked extensively in Istanbul and felt very safe. We visited during Ramadan and it was a delight to be out at night when all the families with their children came out to picnic in parks and public places. We recommend Turkey and Istanbul for a marvelous holiday and if you stay in Istanbul we recommend the Oba Hotel.

2 Thank stanwright
Winterthur
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed 4 Days in the Oba hotel and I hat a great time. People there are very helpful, the rooms are tidy and clean.
I can highly recomend the plays. thank you guys, it was a superb experience.

Andreas, Switzerland