“Location, location, location”
Review of Oba Hotel

Oba Hotel
Ranked #31 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel was very close to all the major sites in Sultanahmet. Staff were very helpful and looked after us well. Could not fault it. Great for a budget place. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we returned to Istanbul. Thanks, Ismail and team.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
LizCathy, Owner at Oba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for your nice review.

We hope to welcome you/your friends&family in the near future.

Please get in touch directly for reasonable prices at hotel or tours and helps/informtaion about Turkey:

info@obahotel.com
info@goturkeytours.com
info@istanbulbosphoruscruise.com

Oba Hotel
Osse Tours
Tulay AYDIN CALISKAN
(Mrs.)

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great B&B right in the heart of the old city (5-8 min. walk to many of the major sites). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, nicely furnished, and well decorated. Wifi was free and fast. Breakfast was good. i highly recommend the Oba Hotel if you are looking for a place in Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It's a very nice little hotel near the most famous places of Istanbul, but the area is not too much touristic, so it give you also the opportunity to see the real life of Istanbul. We spent there a week and we enjoyed it a lot. The staff was very kind and friendly and the owner gave us many usefull advices about restaurants and places to visit. The only problem may be the poor sound isolation (you can hear some noise from the street and singing of the muezzin early in the morning). The breakfast was fine (cheese, ham, homemade jams, some fruits, bread and cornflakes, tee and coffee), but no brioches or patisserie (that would make it perfect!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
LizCathy, Owner at Oba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Hello Irina,

Thank you for your nice review.

We are glad to meet and serve you.

Everyday we have different cake and cookies (salty).
And it hot pan, every day we different things, such as menemen, scrambled eggs or boiled eggs, boreks, doughts, tea breads, sort of cookies etc. All of them are home made by our staff and me. :)

It is bizarre that you did not have.

Hope to serve you again....

Tulay AYDIN CALISKAN

Reviewed 4 August 2013

It was a fantastic surprise, to arrive to Istanbul and have a friendly warm wellcome at the hotel. Room was great, staff was always helpful and location is really good to reach the main places in e city.
The country was celebrating Ramadam so everything was even better. It was a discover for me and my children to find people very friendly always with a smile ready.
I hope I will go back there soon, and Surely I will choose again the same hotel. A very good price for e money!

Room Tip: We were in a room facing the small mosque close to the hotel. Some days it was a bit noisy because o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was passing through Istanbul but decided to stay two days and a night. This place was rated highly and looked great online, so I went for it. The price was also very reasonable and Sulatanahmet was close to where I wanted to be.

When I arrived, I was greeted very warmly by the hosts - who spoke excellent English, something I later realised is not to be take for granted in Istanbul. They took my bags to my room, sat me down, gave me tea, and proceeded to orientate me and give me a sense of the best places to visit in the time that I had. They provided me with a map, and after a refreshing shower, sent me on my way, taking my number so that they could reach me if needed.

The room was more than comfortable, and cleaner and with more amenities than I have encountered in most 'brand-name' hotels. Granted, you are near the street, but I felt that noise levels were minimal. The room was outfitted with a minibar and aircon, and the bed was large and the linen clean and soft. Basically, this is what I look for in a place where I'm planning to be out most of the day (and evening) and just need somewhere private, clean and very comfortable where I can sleep and base myself.

Location-wise, it's right in the Sultanahmet and you can get to most of the major sights on foot in 15 minutes, and the tram station is a 2 minute walk up the hill.

As a 27 year old professional travelling on his own and looking for somewhere really comfortable but not too expensive, I would seriously recommend this place - they'll really look after you and you can properly enjoy your visit.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Hard to think of a better place to stay in Istambul. Location is EXCELLENT: a short walk to the Blue Mosk/Hagia Sofia/Topkapi Palace and to Sultanahmet tram station. Cozy, nicely decorated hotel. Very comfortable rooms with newly renovated bathroom. EXQUISITE, ABUNDANT breakfast with all the best Turkish goodies/delicacies. And best of all, full-time advice, assistance, hospitality, and friendship from the hosts and owners of the hotel, Ismael and Tulay. We miss them already as well as their two wonderful daughters who have won over the heart of our little daughter Clara. And for those of you who might concerned about security in Istambul, we felt pretty safe the entire time.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 6 nights. The hotel is wonderful -- great rooms, very conveniently located for all major Sultanahmet sites. Ismael arranged airport transportation for us, and was very helpful advising us on activities, sights and places to eat. All in all a fantastic holiday. I cannot recommend Oba Hotel strongly enough, and would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Contact the owners directly for discounted rates if paying by cash.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends