“Amazing location for sightseeing”
Review of Sufi Apart Hotel

Sufi Apart Hotel
Ranked #149 of 1,080 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Spotless clean rooms and perfect location to start with! Special mention to Pascal who was really helpful in everyway possible. We were 4 girls travelling without any local simcard and he gave us his number so we could whatsapp him anytime. He offered us complimentary coffee and drool worth 'lokum' a turkish sweet every morning we went to seek help from him regarding sightseeing etc.
One slight con was that we were 4 girls and the toilet and shower was built together unlike what we had booked. But we managed anyway and moreover the hotel's fabulous hospitality overshadowed it! Definitely recommend to anyone wishing to sightsee around in Istanbul!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I went to Turkey to spend a holiday there with my girlfriend. Actually it is my girlfriend picking this hotel. Pascal did arrange a car picking us up at the airport. To be honest, the price of the transportation is a bit too high for me. After 30 mins traveling, we finally got to the hotel and Pascal was right there waiting for us. A very warm welcome from the handsome host.
The view of the room is simply stunning with its extremely easy accessible location, walkable distance to blue mosque. And perfect choice if you are looking for a handsome host.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Pascal was a great host from the start. Our driver from the airport had no clue where he was going, and dropped us off in the middle of nowhere at some kind of office with a name that vaguely resembled "Sufi". Once Pascal was contacted, he came out to meet us and everything was smooth sailing from that point on. We ended up in one of the upper rooms (an upgrade? Yes please!) that had a nice view of the Marmara and the Asian side. Kitchen was clean and had the basic amenities so we could prepare some simple snacks. It's about a 7 minute walk to the Blue Mosque, and a few steps further to the Ayasofia. There are some shops and restaurants in the neighborhood, but we didn't really investigate because we were only in Istanbul for a couple of nights.

The apartment was beautiful and perfect for me; if you're low-frills (ie no room service or whatever else it is that's available in the high end places) and want a nice place to stay, this is the right place for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My husband and I were booked to stay at this hotel for 3 nights however hospitalization and emergency surgery made it necessary for me to cancel the booking. I contacted the hotel immediately explaining the situation however the reply was refusal of request to cancel and I would be charged all fees. 3 days later I was again contacted stating I was a no show to the hotel. I know that I will be able to claim the costs through my travel insurance however I found their attitude in such a traumatic time for me to be extremely poor and bad public relations I would therefore not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Hotel Sufi Apart is perfectly located on a quiet side street within easy walking distance to the Blue Mosque/Hagia Sophia area as well as the Arasta Market and Mosaic Museum. The staff (across the street at the Bucoleon Palace Hotel) are extremely helpful and friendly and will arrange tours and airport taxis for you. Pascal was especially helpful. The room we had on the ground floor was spacious and spotless, with full kitchen. We have already recommended this hotel to family, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Had an excellent 6 night stay at the Sufi Apartment Hotel. We started in the bottom room but moved to the 3rd floor room after we noticed a small problem with the first room. Paschal offered to move us back down to the botttom floor after the first night but we actualy liked the top floor room better. Both rooms we saw were very clean and spacious. The bedrooms are on the street side of the apartments and are very comfortable and quiet. The third floor room has a large picture window with a terrific view of the Sea of Marmara. The bathroom was clean and had a great shower. The sink area was a little cramped but the shower more than made up for that! The location was very good and there are several shuttle services in the area that will take you to and from the airport for 12 TL per person. We took the train/tram in to the city from the airport and walked from the tram stop to the hotel. It is about a 15 minute walk with luggage and is all down hill, but I would reccomend the shuttle for the price. Don't miss seeing the Little Highia Sophia Mosque located just behind the hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor apartment has a beautiful view of the sea through a large picture window.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sketerbud
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Everything was clean and cozy. So close to the city center, right behind the blue moschee. The roof had such a lovely view to the Marmara Sea
I would definetly come back there and even recommend it to friends.
Istanbul was the perfect choice for a city break and sufi made it even more than perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013