“A great Turkish bath experience”
Review of Aga Hamami

Turkish Bath Package in Istanbul at Aga Hamami
Ranked #8 of 235 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historical Ağa Hamami ( bath ) was built in 1454 in Istanbul by most important sultan of the ottoman empire (after one year conquest of istanbul), who is the "Fatih Sultan Mehmet". Ağa hamami is oldest hamam in Istanbul. This historical ottoman hamam is serving tourists since 10 years.
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I took the package at the modest cost of 140TL which included the hamam and a 20 minute body massage. This package starts off with steaming in a unisex room, I was the only person that day in a room capacity of around 20 people so I felt like a queen :) . After that I was taken in another room to get a full body scrub and a soft, sudsy foam massage. This is then followed by a relaxing session on day beds in the upstairs lounge, during which apple tea is offered. The tea was amazing!!. I had also opted for the 20 minute massage which could have been a bit better. The full package includes towels, slippers, and a scrubbing mitt. I would suggest carrying a spare bathing suit that could be worn during the hamam process. Hygiene and friendly service stood out for me.

1  Thank priyadarshinilakshmi
"hammam experience"
"turkey"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Cool place to live the hamam experience, it's not expensive and it's a beautiful place, very confortable.

People os very very nice and profesional, perfect experience. If I come back Istambul I would be definitely coming back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Situated in a fairly hip district of Taksim, this spa seems to work very efficiently with huge numbers of tourists. Many rooms available to get dressed and have a private massage so there are no long waiting lines. The atmosphere however is far from relaxed. You feel rushed and the staffs treat you as a commodity on a conveyer belt.

2  Thank Julie F
Reviewed 22 July 2018

This Hammam is both affordable and luxurious. It's not perfect, but that didn't bother me. Between touristy hammams that cost way too much and very small local hammams that can be hit-or-miss, this one falls in the middle. I like their organized online appointment system, they have nice staff, and it's clean and beautiful. I got the peel (great deep scrub), foam bath (I felt like I was in a cloud!) and face mask (high quality) for 120 TL (+20 TL tip). All were great, except they did leave us in the sauna for way too long (it felt like more than 30 minutes). The weather outside was already so hot, so many of us got dehydrated in the sauna. Thankfully they had a water dispenser for guests. They also have an adorable cat. You don't have to bring anything, except a change of clothes if you want. I would suggest bringing a water bottle to refill. You can lock your belongings in a private room. They also have some amenities like lotion, conditioner and combs to use afterwards. Enough staff speak english, some don't. This is a co-ed hammam, though the part when you're nearly naked and getting scrubbed is segregated for women. Couples and families were there together.

2  Thank srashid3