“Relaxing afternoon in pretty surroundings”
Review of Aga Hamami

Turkish Bath Package in Istanbul at Aga Hamami
Ranked #7 of 229 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historical Ağa Hamami ( bath ) was built in 1454 in Istanbul by most important sultan of the ottoman empire (after one year conquest of istanbul), who is the "Fatih Sultan Mehmet". Ağa hamami is oldest hamam in Istanbul. This historical ottoman hamam is serving tourists since 10 years.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A visitor and me had a relaxing afternoon at the hamam, we ordered the full package with massage and face mask, it felt relaxing, not too rushed and not too long. The premises are clean and pretty, mostly tourists but then Turkish people don’t use hamams. Apple tea was served although nice, it would be nice if they offered Turkish tea also. Massage could have been a bit harder but all in all a great use of three hours to feel rejuvenated and relaxed.

2  Thank Palaceinwonderland
"hammam experience"
"body scrub"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been a few times to turkish hammams and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had. First, the facility is not clean. Staff members walk with their trainers inside the hamami.
The place is very disorganised. A big group arrived 20min later so by the time it was my turn my scrub lasted just a few minutes when it should be much longer. This is the whole point of going there. They move you from room to room without explaining anything. I then had the massage but every 3min someone came in to check if the room was free. Overall, this place was very disappointing and was a horrible experience. They take advantage of tourists’ ignorance.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I came on weak day at 10:00, without booking (better to book I'm advance online).
Staff were welcoming, explained which packages they have. I took full package for 180 TL. They gave me rubber bands on my hand. Yellow - sauna, scrubbing; Red - body massage; Blue - mentol head massage, face massage; White - face mask.
I was alone relaxing sauna, then chilling out on hot ceramic bed with Turkish music like in Roksolana movie). Ceiling had small windows that brings day light into all hamam. I spend extra time in that room as lady for scrabing was late, I didn't mind, it was nice. Each procedure was controlled by timer and made by different ladies. Be ready to walk between 3 floors and enjoy apple tea after each service. Place is old but clean.
Note: they provide with sleepers, towels (clean after each service), hairdryer and private changing room, wifi, water.
Will come again definitely. Best hamam experience)

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I took the package at the modest cost of 140TL which included the hamam and a 20 minute body massage. This package starts off with steaming in a unisex room, I was the only person that day in a room capacity of around 20 people so I felt like a queen :) . After that I was taken in another room to get a full body scrub and a soft, sudsy foam massage. This is then followed by a relaxing session on day beds in the upstairs lounge, during which apple tea is offered. The tea was amazing!!. I had also opted for the 20 minute massage which could have been a bit better. The full package includes towels, slippers, and a scrubbing mitt. I would suggest carrying a spare bathing suit that could be worn during the hamam process. Hygiene and friendly service stood out for me.

1  Thank priyadarshinilakshmi