“Great food, very friendly service”
Review of Zurich Cafe

Zurich Cafe
Ranked #658 of 13,538 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: International
Neighbourhood: Grand Bazaar
Neighbourhood: Grand Bazaar
Scotland
“Great food, very friendly service”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I've eaten dinner here twice during my stay in Istanbul, and both times the food has been fabulous. The second time, the cafe was much busier and, while the service was still very friendly and pleasant, it was very slow and I had to ask to order food from the menu I'd been given, and then had to ask for my plate to be removed and to order a dessert. Overall, though, I'd eat here every night of my stay if they wouldn't think me quite strange.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“Fine Fish”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We got into Istanbul late and didn't fancy a big buffet dinner at our own hotel, so we crossed the road to this attractive establishment where the staff were welcoming and efficient. The warm Pitta bread they brought right away got us off to a pleasant start. The fried trout and the grilled whole sea bass we ordered were pretty good, although not top quality, but nicely prepared, and garnished with French fries and a fairly elaborate salad. To finish, we shared the Baclava that came as 4 pieces costing $9 and would have been too much for one person. On the whole, a very good introduction to eating out in Istanbul. Further, the Maitre D spoke perfect English and there were no surprises.

• Visited October 2013
Ottawa
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here while on vacation. We had lunch and enjoyed it so much that we returned for dinner. Lunch was a sandwich, simple but very tasty. Dinner was sea bass which was well prepared. The outstanding service and personal attention for the staff really made the meal. We ate on the patio which was great as we got to watch the people and cars in the streets. This area is so interesting. We will return.

Visited August 2013
Melbourne
“Superb food, great service, lovely views”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The fish we ordered was very fresh and superbly cooked. The service was excellent, not intrusive and 'pushy' like other restaurants in the city.

• Visited May 2013