“Manager Hakan is very helpful”

Taksim 9 Suites Apartments
Ranked #530 of 1,249 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I got an upper floor apartment and it was great; as expected. the manager Mr. Hakan is a professional person and very helpful. It is best to arrange transportation to the place through him as a taxi might not be able to get easily to the place. The place is in Taksim square and near everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank 230TAK

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I went to istanbul around 2 months ago, with 2 of my friends and my boyfriend. we had a great time, the apartment was great except the fact that they have construction near by the apartment. which start from 9 0'clock so we got a perfect wake up call from the banging neighbor. out of it we have a pleasant stay more hakan the receptionist were give us a lot of tips and recommendation place. if i planned to come back to istanbul again, i will def book taksim9suites again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gansjohns
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Where to start with such a catastrophic hotel? I work in the tourism industry and find the way things are handled here to completely deplorable. To start with, the taxi driver couldn't find the hotel - the sign is so tiny nobody can see it. Then, the person at the front desk didn't know what room I was in, he had to call a colleague who told him to place me in another apartment in the building next door. He didn't have the keys, so he had to call her back and wait for her. Then I was told that the credit card machine didn't work (what a coincidence) so I had to pay by cash, using his own exchange rate of course. The hotel then ended up costing me more than planned. This is clearly a rip off and I regret falling for it!

His colleague arrived with the keys and told me I was "lucky" that I was given the specific apartment I was in, as it was brand new. Yes, lucky indeed..it smelled of paint, the work on the room wasn't done yet (window frame unfinished), and I was told to NOT use the air conditioning because of costs. I am a client so I will use it if I please, thank you...and I did indeed use it and it worked fine. Things obviously had been thrown together hastily in order to get clients in as soon as possible. The worst part is the shower which was built the wrong way...There was no slope so the water went everywhere, I had to use at least 10 towels over the week to mop everything up...and all of this with absolutely NO maid service to take out the trash or clean anythnig while I was there. Not to mention the works going on in the building next door and the pounding and yelling that started at 7AM each day...

Back to the key issue - the woman came with the keys, but as she was showing me which ones to use on the main entrance, etc, she must have gotten confused and then left me the wrong ones. I was then stranded and not able to lock my door. He had to call her back and we waited a total of 2 hours just sitting in my room, staring at each other...I have rarely seen such incompetence. I would think that getting keys organized is the most important thing! A complete waste of my first evening in Istanbul.

This was all topped off at the end of my stay by a very rude man at the front desk who refused to take my key at check out because he clearly wasn't there to handle that sort of thing. I was so frustrated that I just left it outside on top of the mailbox and went on my way. There are much nicer REAL hotels just nearby, all with the same location. There are also other apartments which are much nicer, so please FLEE THIS PLACE and don't book here!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bmaldari
Reviewed 21 December 2012

They have really good location close to the main attractions.We stayed with 5 friends.
Comfortable and easy to reach everywhere .if you ask for cleaning they clean it when you are outside
if we come to istanbul again we know where we will stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank berenice89
Reviewed 17 December 2012

when I was in istanbul, ı have stayed Taksim 9 Suites Apartments. it was great, economic, central, comfortable and staff was perfect. well that ı stayed there, if I will be there again, I will stay this apartments.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank burak_ozel
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I stayed here for 4 days and everything was so good.
The rooms with a/c,24h hot water,satellite T.V,free wi-fi in the rooms and the kitchen.
Location is just great.It is in the center of the city ,close to Taxim square and the main shopping street.Very lively area and it is very easy to reach the old part of the city where you can visit Blue mosque,Hagia Sophia and Topkapi palace etc.

Only negative thing i can complain there is no elevator but staff is so helpfull and kind so they help you with that:)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Engin Y
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The website looks inviting, and you think you are going to stay in a serviced apartment.
Do not be fooled -

first thing - I couldnt find this hotel at all, and spent almost 2 hours wandering in Taksim looking for this place. Many strangers tried to help, they even called up the phone number listed, but no one picked up the phone.

In fact, it's very near Taksim Square, off a side road, beyond the City Center Hotel. I actually walked into this hotel, asking if they knew what Taksim 9 Suites was, and no one could tell me either.

However, everything falls apart when you arrive. The only person (a lady) does not speak anty English, and the person who speaks is not around, but you can talk to him on the phone.

There is no lift in the apartment block, and the staircase is extremely narrow; anyone will have difficulty manouvering luggage up the staircase. Thankfully, we got a room on the 2nd level.

After I pay, the person does not give me a recepit and up to now (i'm only staying one night), has still not given me a receipt.

The room is actually quite nice, and has cooking facilities. However, imagine my horror when I came back from dinner, and was going to take a shower before I sleep, when I realised that there is absolutely no water coming from the faucet! No water from the taps, both in the washbasin in the bathroom, and nothing from the tap in the sink in the kitchenette!

My husband checked with the lady who speaks no English, and is informed that there is no water in TAKSIM at all, yes, the whole of Taksim, and water supplies will probably resume at around 1 - 2 am, which is approx 2 hours later!

Thankfully, the water came back about 20 min later.

But after this experience, I would definitely advise anyone against staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple