“Our private guided tour with Latif Eseler today”

My Local Guide - Istanbul
Ranked #3 of 77 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: See the local places and local faces of Turkey with My Local Guide Istanbul. Istanbul is a melting pot of European and Asian influences, a mix of the traditional and modern worlds and the best way to explore the city is with My Local Guide Istanbul. Immerse yourself in the heart and soul of the only city in the world that crosses two continents. Walk in the mazes of local streets, visit hidden historic destinations, drink tea with the locals and taste the rich and flavoursome cuisine of the region. My Local Guide Istanbul, with five years experience in leading tours for english-speaking International travellers, offers tours designed and delivered by local people with a passion for Turkey and travel. We specialise in tours for the independent traveller who likes to walk side by side with the locals and explore places that are not easy to discover on your own.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My daughter and I spent a fantastic day on a walking tour of Old Istanbul with out guide Latif today. He proved to be well informed, as you might expect from a seasoned tour guide, but also, friendly, open and insightful. We learned about Turkish daily like, culture and practices - much more than we would ever have expected in a 6 hour tour!
We would happily recommend this service (which allows you to pre-pay the deposit by Paypal) as well as our guide Latif.
We also enjoyed a typical Turkish meal of assorted cold appetizers and a mixed kebab plate at lunchtime at Fuego, the meeting place for this tour operator - great service and prices!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My Local Guide Istanbul ensured I had a wonderful experience of the city. Having previously been to Istanbul I arranged a personalised tour of sites I had yet to see, including the Spcie Market, Chora Museum, UNESCO world heritage listed Ottoman houses, Rustem Pasha Mosque and Dolmabahçe Palace. My guide Latif was exceptional, knowledgable and professional. Latif made sure I saw all of the sites on my list and that I was comfortable every step of the way. I loved walking the local steets experiencing daily life, tasting street food and learning about the history of this beautiful city. I chose My Local Guide Istanbul based on the reviews found on Trip Advisor. The process of organising my tour was simple and efficient. I appreciated having all costs asociated, with the trip with the exception of meals and personal shopping, covered in the tour. It was a truly amazing day and I highly recommend using this reputable tour company.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had a WONDERFUL experience celebrating my birthday with a full day private tour with our 9 month old baby and Latif. He was very accommodating, going above and beyond by assisting with our baby buggy, taking family photos, holding doors open, parting crowds for us, etc. We took as many breaks as needed to keep the baby happy. The restaurant Latif took us to was so good we returned for dinner two nights Later (Fuego Restaurant). We enjoyed hearing his personal opinions (only when asked - he was never pushy) on life in Turkey, as well as the anecdotes about the historical sites. His enthusiasm never wavered and it was a wonderful experience! His English is excellent and we were able to thoroughly enjoy his vast historical knowledge.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Because the tourism season is slowing down in Istanbul, I was fortunate enough to have a private tour since no one else booked the Secrets of Istanbul tour. Latif was my tour guide and he was great ... Really knowledgeable and has a really fun personality. It was great to walk through the non-touristy spots. We took a break to do hookah, ate kebabs at a local spot, grabbed a snack from a street vendor and ended the your with Turkish delights. He was really open and honest as well. If I had more time in Istanbul I would have taken a longer tour with this group but Secrets of Istanbul was perfect. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We took the Secrets of Istanbul tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Latif was our tour guide and I very much liked his enthusiasm and knowledge of Istanbul. Even though we had previously seen many of the places on the tour, Latif provided interesting stories and details about the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, and several other places...strongly recommend this walking tour -- it is 5 hours long, but it breezed by.