“Window shopper”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$47.38*
and up
Istanbul Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Bazaar...
Ranked #98 of 1,176 things to do in Istanbul
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bargaining for goods is standard practice at the largest covered market in Turkey, rumored to contain over 4,000 shops.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The first time I went I did not appreciate it because I had spent the day exploring on foot and only went in because I was nearby, I had rushed through the bazaar; however, the second time was a completely different experience. I had already done some small shopping beforehand and knew where I wanted to purchase food products from, on the way to the bazaar I found some souvenirs (on Divan Yolu) for home that I purchased on the way back.

Some prices are expensive, for example I purchased small children’s bracelets for 1TL each on Divan Yolu while in the Grand Bazaar they were priced at 3TL, Turkish delights for 75TL for 1kg at a shop in Arasta Bazaar and in Grand Bazaar it was about 100TL/100TL+. There were many items that I had not seen in other shops and you can get a good price if you barter, I walked through very slowly and could hear the conversations; it was a good window shopping experience, seeing the atmosphere of the sellers approaching potential customers and seeing the buying process.

I was not sure if I would have any issues with food products as my hand luggage at Ataturk airport which is why I restricted purchases to small items like necklaces, bracelets, magnets and two small shelf displays. Next time around, I will definitely consider buying something.

1  Thank RWandSW
Write a ReviewReviews (9,731)
All reviews
in 51 reviews
"blue mosque"
in 64 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always awesome, always crowded... Heart of Istanbul! so many shops so many kind of things to buy... My daughter loved it! You can find basically everything from gold to clothings, hand made Turkish Cultural stuff... must go place if you are in Istanbul...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Full of spices .crowded.prices not very good.its ok to visit but not a must.
Although u can buy logos and symbol for istanbuls

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is full of the most amazing treasures, a true ‘Aladdin’s Cave’ . You can find most things here although be prepared to haggle and never pay full price! A lot of the merchandise is very repetitive and touristy. Head to the antique area for better finds