Grand Hyatt Istanbul
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
US$176
US$259
Travelocity
Regie Ottoman Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$170
Agoda.com
1,871 results
All reviewstaksim squareclub floorgreat hotelmain restaurantoutdoor pooldolmabahce palacerain showerrooms are largebusiness hotelfive star hotelbusiness tripturkeyold townbosphorus viewbuffet breakfastpublic transportationmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Our stay was truly outstanding, including our comfortable room overlooking the Sea of Marmara, breakfast buffet, and dinner at the hotel’s Italian restaurant. But I especially want to acknowledge the front-desk and concierge staff for their excellent service and friendly attitude.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Conveniently located at 5 min by walking from Taksim square and Istiklal cad., the rooms/bathrooms are spacious and there s a beautiful outdoor pool. I loved the fresh flowers in the lobby and the room service. glamorous.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Kassiopea
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We have a Hyatt credit card and used accumulated points to cover a three day stay at this property. The front desk upgraded us from a king room to a huge corner suite (thanks to the credit card's free platinum membership). We were also give access to their concierge floor.

The room was spotless and contemporary. Every staff member was professional and exceptional. The concierge floor had a diverse and wonderful breakfast and incredible late afternoon/evening food and wines (free). It also offered 24 hour access for teas, soda's, Pellegrino, and their superb coffee/espresso machine.

Location was in the modern part of Istanbul. A 10-20 minute cab ride (depending on traffic) ($7-$11) from the old city and a ten minute walk to it's most popular modern square.

We would highly recommend this hotel for any visit to Istanbul.

Room Tip: We highly recommend the Hyatt credit card. It gives your two free rooms anywhere (for the first year) for approx. $80/yr fee plus many bonus opportunities yielding free stays (like this one) which saved us $1500 and gave us a free suite upgrade.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oldhrhitter
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We were very excited to arrive in IST, to start a 5 day holiday with our 1 year old son. I researched many hotels on Trip advisor and felt that this hotel would be a suitable 5 star within our budget. However I was quite disappointed upon arrival. I felt the overall ambience was very somber and dull and a lively place to be at all. The executive lounge was just ok. There were not many breakfast items to choose from, the staff male morning staff was not the most pleasant. Did not greet with a warm good morning and I even got a weird look when I asked for a high-chair for my one year old son. The room was very clean, a bit on the smaller size, or perhaps there was just too much furniture in the room. The shower was very confining and way to small, a poor design in my opinion. We had a issue with our A/C unit which would not turn off. They did attend to it right away and then it worked fine.

We did consider the Four Seasons/Sultanahmet and after visiting there for tea, I felt it would have been a better option for us. More friendly staff and a overall more well receiving attitude from their staff and vibrant atmosphere to be in. I felt that the Hyatt staff lacked friendliness, warmth and did not care too much about their guests. We also encountered many issues with Taxi driver overcharging, and cheating so beware!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Very handy location. Just a short walk to Taksim Metro and all shopping / cafes in the pedestrian mall.

Buffet breakfast has a large variety of items and food items that should have been hot were actually hot and all food was of high quality.

Room was a good size. I had a connecting room and one morning I could hear the occupant of the room next door snoring, so a bit more insulation would be nice.

Wireless internet in the room was inconsistent and I could only get a signal sitting at the desk, which was slow anyway, so spent all my computer time sitting at the desk plugged in to the internet cable.

The business centre was efficient. I had mixed experience with the concierge, a male employee was bordering on rude insisting that I take a taxi when I asked for directions to an appointment using public transport. A female employee was exceptionally helpful one morning when I was asking for directions to a business appointment that I could walk to.

Check in and out was professional and efficient as was their airport transfers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business