“Great business hotel, good location”

Grand Hyatt Istanbul
Ranked #73 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Mumbai
“Great business hotel, good location”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Being my second time to Istanbul, I enjoyed staying in a different part of the city. The location of the Grand Hyatt is fantastic close to Taksim Square and most of the sites in Istanbul. Great staff, good rooms, good spread of a buffet breakfast and a good pool and spa area made the hotel worthy of another stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Delhi
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It is a lovely hotel with v ery courteous staff specially the General Manager. I w given a room which was not to my satisfaction. The staff immediately changed the room. However this room was not on the Club Floor. After checking out I wrote to the GM and he immediately arranged to refund the difference.

The food is very nice.

The Spa is really of very high standard and very professionally managed.

I plan to go back to Istanbul and will again stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the swimming pool. Do not take the corner room on the right side of the hotel...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I've been at the Grand Hyatt for 2 nights at the end of June 2012 for business reasons.
The room I got was ok but couldn't see a huge difference with the majority of the 4 stars hotel I am used to as a frequent business traveler.
The service is definetly not what you expect from a 5 stars.
I got into my room at midnight on the first day after a late evening flight just to discover they gave me a room which was assigned to somebody else: I found a cradle in the room and a number of gifts for a certain Mr. Van something. When I called the reception they confirmed that was my room and they would have sent somebody to get the staff off. It took me almost 40 minutes (and a further call) for this to happen and for my luggage being delivered to my room.
The morning after I couldn't get my coffee at the table before more than 30 minutes from when I asked it the first time. It was already time for me to leave so I couldn't have an hot drink with my breakfast.
On the positives, the breakfast choice is just amazing: one of the best I have ever seen.
Overall I think this hotel is not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My stay in Grand Hyatt Istambul was really amazing and I don´t have any complaint, just compliments! The restaurant of the hotel is really good, the room has a wonderful view of the Bosforo, the staff is very kind and I loved the stay. I truly recommend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We used one of our suite upgrades during our stay at the Grand Hyatt, Istanbul. It was a very nice suite with a decent view of the boshporous. The Grand Hyatt is very close to Tasim Square but a good distance from the old city where all the most visited sites are, i.e. the Blue Mosque, etc. The lounge was good but the food offering in the lounge was only average and in my opinion could have been better. The Service at the hotel was very good. My wife and I did book a tour from the Hyatt going to Bursa and it turned out to be the "tour from hell", very disorganized and poor English spoken getting back to the hotel at 1:00am in the morning. I would have expected the Hyatt to use more reputable tour agencies for their guests to prevent this kind of outcome.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed in Grand Hyatt during a business trip in June, the service is excellent with very friendly staff which is a change from the last time I stayed there last year. The location is excellent with a 5 minutes walk from Taksim Square and the shopping area. The rooms are very clean and quiet providing a good night sleep. I would definitely go there again for leisure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ali H
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel was excellent.. the rooms very big and neat clean... the service impeccable.
we got lucky to get a higher floor room facing the bosphorous river so it was beautiful.
the breakfast was great for vegetarians with good variety of fruits, breads, cereal, juices, pancakes, waffles and hot dishes..
The location was good. it was a 5-7 min walk from taksim square and another 10 min walk the other way to the bosphorous river...
Overall loved the hotel.. would defi come back

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple