“Place to remember”

Grand Hyatt Istanbul
Ranked #70 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed here for 4 days and everything was great about the hotel. We had a very warm welcome and room was apt for all our needs. We were here for vacation and the hotel put their best foot forward to help us in all the ways. Rooms were spacious and well equipped to cater to all our needs. One thing which stood apart was the Concierge. I forgot the person's name but he was very helpful in ensuring we must see all the important places in Istanbul. He recommended us all the must see places in the city before we leave. He guided us what to skip and ensured all fit in our tight timeline. We shall surely come back and stay here.

Regards
Sumit Datta

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Mr. Datta,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at Grand Hyatt Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.
We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with Concierge team.
We also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Istanbul in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a great warm inviting hotel in a great location

Hotel is top Hyatt standards, warm inviting staff, rooms superb, spacious and clean, very comfortable.

For business this is a great stay, very relaxing, and staff eager to help
For Leisure - equally this is good, and in walking distance of Taksim

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for a management meeting and it was a very pleasant stay. We had long days with not much opportunities to explore this great city, which was a pity for my colleagues who have never been in Istanbul before but the hotel catered for everything we needed to have a successful week. The rooms are HYATT and therefore simply great. The meeting room had a very pleasant atmosphere. Well lid, quite and properly equipped. Food (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was very good as well.

There is a reason why I am a Platinum member with HYATT!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sascha K
GHI_12, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Sascha K,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I returned to the Grand Hyatt for separate layover nights while traveling on to the middle east. The location near Taksim is perfect for strolling down the walking street and getting out of the busyness of the Grand Bazaar area. The rooms are well-appointed, quiet, and the Grand lounge is as nice as ever. On my return overnight I visited the Gaia spa, enjoyed a very lovely massage. The retreat center had a small but very nice steam shower and sauna; the spa staff was very accomodating and the experience was very nice. I would definitely do this again on a return trip.
The views over the Bosphorous from a south facing room are lovely, and the view from the Club lounge over the pool area is relaxing. I found the club lounge staff to be very attentive and the food selection was amazing. Will look forward to returning!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank allygirl60

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have to say that this might be one of the best 5 star hotels l have ever stayed at. Maybe the best in Europe for me (as Asian hospitality is not really comparable to European).
First, l arrived much earlier than expected and much before check-in time (6.30 am). Nevertheless, the receptionist was kind and my room was ready right away. The room was spacious, clean, with amazing bathroom (with shower and bathtub) and beautiful toiletries. What l am usually very picky about is the sound proofing of the room (l absolutely hate hearing neighbors next door) and the comfortable bed. I have no complaints about either! I don't know if l was lucky with the room (720 by the way), but l wish l could have spent more time in the room itself.
Service in the hotel is wonderful, everyone was kind and smiley. Special compliments to the room service and the chef! Wonderful breakfast and you feel special with few little extras you haven't asked for, but the chef added for a personal touch (a bit of ice-cream to go with your fruit, an extra egg, etc). Lovely!
The staff also takes care of their guests so you don't get ripped off by taxi drivers (watch out for that in Istanbul!) and there is amazing gym and spa. I tried the gym and it is spacious and has everything needed for a good workout.
Also a great location in Taksim, a funky part of town.
I loved this hotel and for sure would come back.

Room Tip: Room 720 was far from elevator and very nicely positioned with view to the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 November 2013

To start with, I'll be honest - I really didn't enjoy staying in Istanbul. It was the end of a long year of business trips, and I had a very heavy cold so felt lousy. The thing that struck me instantly was the constant security checks in the city - and arriving at the Grand Hyatt was no different - taxi had to stop at a checkpoint barrier - boot checked for any devices, mirror check under the car, before we were allowed to pull up in front of the hotel. And on entrance to the hotel, airport style security. But compared to colleagues staying at other venues, this was light touch - I had a colleague who had to show ID to guys with guns to get into his hotel in the evening - so fair play to Grand Hyatt.

So not withstanding that - the hotel...one of the nicest I've stayed in. Warm welcome from reception - and instant upgrade on my room which is always nice. And the room - really nice size, plenty of space, nice bathroom. My big hang up with hotels is noise, and how thin the walls are between rooms...but from what I could tell, this room had solid walls all round. When in the hallway I could certainly hear my neighbours watching TV etc...but my room remained complete solitude - which is just what I needed on this trip. So hats off - nice interior, well maintained, and trully silent room!

Facilities - the restaurant was reasonably good - I had a starter of calamari which was a little bland, but the main course made up for it, and the desserts were amazing. NIce touches - the staff were very aware that I was dining alone (literally off the plane and into the restaurant), and offered me English newspapers to occupy me; second night I dined in the bar, and while speed of delivery was a little slow for food, the food was still good, service was friendly and the ambience of the bar very relaxing.

I also visited the spa where I had a really great signature massage (medicinal!). The Turkish bath was out of action..so the spa facilities outside of treatments very sparse - literally a steam room and a sauna, which doesnt really make a spa - but the treatment was very good and made up for that. Clean changing facilities etc as you'd expect from a decent hotel.

The upstairs bar was a great place to spend time away from the room, and have a medicinal brandy! Great to get work done without being hassled - nice ambience, attentive service when required.

I haven't yet stayed in a bad Hyatt hotel (I'm sure there must be some!) - some are average, some are great....this one is great, and if I had to return to Istanbul, I'd want to say here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Businessclass2012

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Location is key for this, within walking distance of taksim sq and the famous shopping st/ aka istanbuls regent st/5th avenue.

We walked to cafés and dinner places and great buzz in and around taksim.
It is probably good to test the cafés for brekkie and even the dinner places around taksim, which is going to be cheaper and probably nicer food, that is not to say Hyatt food not good, but you would want to see the city at night...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple