Grand Hyatt Istanbul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$452
US$263
US$151
US$113
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$121
Agoda.com
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$59
Ramada Encore Istanbul Airport(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$73
Travelocity
Ottoman Hotel Imperial(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$517
US$360
Travelocity
Neorion Hotel(Istanbul)
US$133
US$123
Agoda.com
1,874 results
All reviewstaksim squareclub floorgreat hotelmain restaurantoutdoor pooldolmabahce palacerain showerrooms are largebusiness hotelfive star hotelbusiness tripturkeyold townbosphorus viewbuffet breakfastpublic transportationmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Istanbul Hyatt offers you what you expect from a Hyatt...great service, clean rooms, exceptional service...This hotel also has excellent spa facilities, great rooms, large beds, many pillows, nice views...great bathroom! Staff was helpful, with adequate English speaking skills. Reception area and concierge very helpful and courteous. Located near Taksim square...walking distance to some sights. Have stayed there 3 times, would stay there again. Recommended for business travellers and for any type of traveller!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stacey_GR
Reviewed 20 May 2010

This was the second time I visited Istanbul for a congress. The congress venue as well as the hotel hosting participants was the Hyatt on top of the very central Taksim Sq.. The check-in was quick and as I arrived with an early flight, I needed a nap before venturing in the city.
The room was spacious and nicely furnished. I slipped into my bed and slept for some two hours. During the last few years I remark that most hotels have understood the importance of bedding and the Hyatt knows about it. The bedding was relaxing, the bedsheets of good soft cotton quality.

Before going out, I passed by the restaurant for a light lunch. A courteous assistant showed me to my table. The self-service buffet selection of well known Turkish plates was what you would expect from a high class restaurant and the broiled meat corner offered delicious meat selections broiled on the spot for you.

The congress was well organised but there is a big but and this concerns the lack of wi-fi broadband connection in the congress area. Nowadays, the availability of wi-fi broadband in international congresses is a must, since not only are the presentations live streamed but also participants live comment in their social media. Cutting off a conference from the outside world is deplorable and I cannot understand why the hotels want to sell it as extra. Broadband IS A STAPLE for business venues and business travellers. I think that event organisers should base their venue selection, among other, also on the availability of broadband connection in the event premises, and negotiate special discounted rates for participants staying in the hotel.

The hotel charges 3euro per hour of broadband in the guestroom and similar amount in their biz center. For hotels of its standing and rates, the Hyatt should not charge extra for broadband. The following days were uneventful and had a great conference and enjoyed ourselves over lunch or dinner.
Finally, I recommend

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I had a luck to visit Istanbul in January 2010. It was business trip. We had a groupe of around 20-25 people who stayed in 15 rooms in Hayatt. It was terrible. The attitude of staff is on the level of 3* hotel. I needed to use Internet often and print a lot of copies of different documents. The policy of the hotel is not frlxible for groups and they don't give any discounts or at leats free smiles. But 4 facts were just embarassing:
1. Internet. There is no free wi-fi area at all. Prices for the Internet like this is the only hotel with Internet in Istanbul.
2. I asked to provide a hotel car to meet new arriving group of 4 people in the airport. Decent car with a driver with a card - basic service for any decent hotel. Consierge said - "we don't have such a service". I was shocked then, but asked to find some outsourcing taxi service, and he replied: "We have hundreds of taxi services in Istanbul, do you want me to call all of them?" (NO comments)
3. I needed to buy a basic chair (for the show). Asked on the reception where I can do it. The guy sent me to Istiklal strret. The ones who know this street will laugh at this advise. For the ones who don't know - this street is crowdy touristic street full of caffes, restaurants and clothes shops. To buy a chair there - mission impossible.
4. We were having a drink in the most cosy and nice bar in the hotel - the one with the fire-place. It was Friday or even Satturday night. We were in the "drinking mood" not in terms of aggressive level but in terms of volume of drinks. The waiter came to us at 30 mins past midnight and said that the bar will be closed soon. I tried to talk to him in a nice way, in an angry way but no reaction. He said that we can order a drinks from the room service and drink it at the lobby (not ath the lobby bar but just LOBBY). As a matter of fact one of the guys we were drinking with was the Russian Ballet Start (I mean really well-known and famous). But as I said earlier, the Hayatt policy is "NO EXCEPTIONS".
It won't be surprise if I say that those 4 points are unacceptable for 5* hotel !!!!
Also the size of hammam is too small for 5*. And no indoor swimming pool.
As for the good points: great rooms, amazing view on Bosphorus, basic but quite tasty breakfast.
Output:
Worse possible value for money. For the same money you can stay in Ciragan Palace Kempinsky 5* with heated outdoor swimming pool, free wi-fi zone at the lobby and atmosphere of Ottoman Palace.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank Nik0t
Reviewed 17 May 2010

As other reviewers have experiecned, the Grand Hyatt is an OK hotel in as far as public areas and rooms are concerned but is badly let down by the poor service attitude of the front desk staff in particular.
Location is Good. Rooms are OK to good. Restaurant for breakfast is poor - sorry I don't expect to stand in a 10 minute queue while one chef tries to do eggs for everyone at breakfast! Pool is OK but pool staff....I think these guys were promoted from front desk due to their positive minded attitude to the customer.
The one exception was the 1st floor public area where I received excellent service mid afternoon - salad was good, kebabs great, my glass of water was really nice - hey it cost me 10 Euros for the glass so I had to enjoy it (!!!).
Is this typical Hyatt?

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aoghnasmac
Reviewed 13 May 2010

The hotel is quite good. Located close to Teksim square, which is about a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel. It is a 7 storey structure so dont expect too much of a view of the Bosphorus. Although I cant say much as I did not get a room with a view, only with a city view. The rooms are good size. Did not eat at the hotel so cant say about the food. But there are literally hundreds of eating options within a 10 minute walk so why bother eating at the hotel. Istikal Street, the walking street of Istanbul is less than 10 minutes and is filled with bars and cafes. You must try the Turkish water pipes, called Nargile. There is a cafe on the main road leading to Teksim. My favorite flavors were mint and cappucino. The hotel airport transfer is very expensive. You get a good quality car from Backpackers Travel for half the price of the hotel. I paid 50 liras on the way in and 40 on the way out. The only problem is with internet. They charge 15 euros!!!! Thats a lot for something that was not even high speed. Overall a good hotel. I would stay here again if on business. If not then would stay at a hotel with a view. The swissotel bosphorus looked good but is a 20 minute walk to Teksim area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business