My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Istanbul in June 2006 when she had a conference. We had an absolutely splendid visit then and cherished the Bosphorus-view room. When I returned to Istanbul for a business trip recently, nearly six years later, I wanted to return here but was wary because of the nightclub that now exists just across the street at the north end of the hotel property.
First, the noise is a clearly problem at night. I stayed on the executive floor (8th) at the elevator bank, which is in the middle of the hotel, and still I could hear the bass thumping distantly from the club when I went to bed. I'm a really light sleeper; however, a couple of foam ear plugs did the trick and I had no trouble at all sleeping.
Be aware, however, that the farther down the hallway toward the north end of the building (which runs southwest to northwest in a long rectangular tower) and, of course, the lower your floor, the worse the noise problem will be for you. I find this infuriating on behalf of the hotel owners and management because the nightclub is impairing the value of what is a beautiful, classic hotel.
I could rave about the executive floor lounge, the gym, the hammam (Turkish bath) and the staff who made my stay nothing but enjoyable. However, other reviewers have done that. I will emphasize that this is an iconic property. It was built in 1955 and, walking the halls and grounds I can feel the echoes of past luminaries who stayed here and the exclusive, jet-set nature of the hotel in its early years. I really enjoyed that feeling. It's a superb business hotel and, of course, the Bosphorus views can't be beat.
The hotel is set back approximately 100-200 metres from a busy street (Cumhuriyet Caddesi) amidst quiet, secured grounds. It's a 10-minute walk to Taksim Square and Istiklal Caddesi, which ruuns through the heart of Beyoglu (old European Istanbul.) The Metro is less than a five-minute walk. You can also enjoy the adjacent Macka Park, a lovely ravine separating the Taksim area from the upscale Tesvikiye, Sisli and Nisantasi neighborhoods. Take the teleferik (cable car) from rim to rim across Macka Park for a treat. It's really an ideal location, although if this is your first visit to Istanbul this isn't the most convenient location for the tourist sights of Sultanahmet (a good 15-minute taxi ride away from the hotel)
I hope the hotel is successful in shutting down the adjacent nightclub. In the meantime, with proper attention to securing a Bosphorus-view room far from the noise source, this hotel will give you warm memories of your Istanbul visit for years to come. It's truly an unusual gem: a classic retro relic and an outstanding modern functioning hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus with its landmark central location, stunning views and beautifully landscaped gardens is an oasis of serenity amidst the bustle of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. As the ambassador of Turkish hospitality, this legendary hotel serves its great heritage and service quality since 1955. Located in the heart of Istanbul next to the Congress Valley, this hotel is at walking distance to famous Taksim Square and responds every travelling purpose. Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus offers 500 spacious guest rooms, all with a balcony and with breathtaking Bosphorus or beautiful garden view. Hotel has various restaurants which offer different sceneries and exclusive dining opportunities. Extensive health club & spa services are designed for a fit body and soul. Open 24 hours, 7 days a week, the Health Club features state-of-art-facilities: Hilton Fitness equipment, outdoor and indoor pool, hammam ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Istanbul Hotel Istanbul
- Hilton International Istanbul
- Istanbul Hilton International