“I love this place”

Ranked #116 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“I love this place”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I realise that I have waxed lyrical about this hotel previously but what the hell, here I go again !

This is the third time I've stayed at the Hilton Istanbul within the past year and my opinion has only been reinforced following this stay. The staff are great, location is perfect and the hotel facilities and grounds just outstanding. The pool area is particularly special for an inner-city location !! Let's not forget the food. I'm not kidding, EVERY food venue in the hotel is first-class, the highlight being the Chinese restaurant which is a complete delight. I've been staying at this hotel for more than 20 years on-and-off, both for business and pleasure, and can safely say that I would not opt to stay anywhere else in Istanbul but here.

I need to point out one element that I have not previously outlined in my previous reviews and that is the cats that occupy the grounds. Let me be up-front here and say that I am a cat lover so my comments are probably a little biased. The Hilton has extensive grounds in the centre of the city and has some really quite secluded areas. Because of the grounds' extensive nature and the fact that parts are quote secluded, I would expect to see some vermin around abouts but seriously, I have never seen any. I believe this is because of the cat population and considering this, I believe they are an asset to the hotel rather than an annoyance. Clearly some of the visiting locals (non-residents) that visit the pool area in spring/summer months consider them something of an annoyance, although my personal opinion is that the local visitors can be far more annoying than the cats are !!

So here is my advice to hotel management. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. The hotel in ALL aspects provides first-class services and facilities, combined with a historical value that should be cherished by the guests that visit here. I seriously love this place and consider it my favourite hotel anywhere in the world.

Thank you to all at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorous and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

To anyone reading this considering visiting Istanbul, stay here !!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the left hand side of the hotel as you look towards the Asian side. There is a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We appreciate your valuable loyalty and your detailed feedback.

It is a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations. Your nice comments have been shared with our entire team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff
Reviewed 1 May 2014

At first it seemed a long journey from the airport, in all the traffic. I took an hour or so for our transfer. On arrival the doorman was very gracious and offered us help with our luggage, but as we only had carry-on we declined. We went to the H Honors check-in desk and waited in line, and waited, and waited. Eventually the girl on the other reception desk finished the query she was dealing with and asked us forward, she then explained that as we had an executive room, there was a dedcated check-in area up on the 9th floor in the Executive lounge. Up we went to be met by Hande the assistant in the lounge. She was very warm and efficient and invited us to get our selves a drink as we were checked in. Anything we needed she said, she would sort it! And she did, we needed to confirm one of our tours, but I couldn't understand the reply on the phone, so Hande called and in a few moments, she smiled and said "all done, you will be collected at 8am". When we needed to confirm our transfer to the airport Hande called and confirmed for us. She was a star.
The executive lounge was brilliant, food available fron 18:00 - 20:30 and not just snacks, hot items too! Infact it was so good we did not go out for dinner we just ate there, well worth the money. Drinks were also available in the lounge tea, coffee, beer, wine, whiskey, gin etc.these were available up till about 11:00 or 11:30 when the lounge closed. Again well worth the upgrade as you could top up as needed or the waiter topped you up as they came around. Breakfast was served here for the executive floor guests, a good spead of hot and cold items, with tea or coffee served at table and even though the hotel was full, we never felt it was too busy or loud.
I would definately recommend this hotel as it is out of the main melee that is Istanbul, but only a 15 - 20 minute walk from Taksim Square. We were here over the Easter weekend and the hotel had a display of live baby rabbits and chicks in a pen in the reception, very original.

Room Tip: Chose the executive rooms if you can afford it, the facilities of the lounge more than make up for i...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to share your Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus experience on Tripadvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read of your satisfaction with our hotel on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations. We appreciate your valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Midlands
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed 6 nights whilst attending a conference. Had a 'garden' room, which was excellent, had my own patio with table and chairs, and a fabulous outlook over the immaculate gardens and water feature. These rooms are away from the main hotel lobby area and are generally quieter. Need to take 2 lifts, but it is worth it. This area also houses the hotel spa. The breakfast buffet is absolutely amazing, and the breakfast dining area has wonderful views over the Bosphorus. Everything you could possibly wish to eat (just about) was available, and many dishes were available to order. Not sure who would want anchovies, olives, capers, raw peppers, raw carrots etc. for breakfast, but if you did you could have them... On my last day I decided to visit the hotel spa to sample the swimming pool, jacuzzi and turkish bath. I didn't know that after 3pm the turkish bath is for men only. So I missed out on that. The pool is all the same depth, 1.55m which means that small people can't touch the bottom. There is no shallow end, and this is not obvious. I thought this a bit dangerous for people who are not good swimmers. The jacuzzi was lovely, if a bit hot. Security is tight, when we arrived by taxi, guards checked in the boot and under the car. Every time we entered the hotel we went through a scanner and our bags were also scanned. In the short walk between the hotel and the conference centre, several colleagues reported a shoe-shine scam, whereby a guy carrying shoe shining equipment walks in front of you and appears to drop his brush. If you pick up the brush he thanks you and insists on shining your shoes, then charges you highly for it. This also happened to me twice, but I ignored it. It may be just the one guy who does it, but there were many instances of it happening so be warned.
As it was nearly Easter, an Easter scene appeared in the lobby one night, containing baby rabbits and baby chicks. They were well cared for and well fed, and had several heaters. Can't help feeling they should not have been separated from their mothers at such a young age, must have been a few days old. We were all oohing and aahing over them! All in all, an excellent hotel, but it is rather expensive.

Room Tip: The garden rooms are good and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fleur50
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read of your kind and detailed comments regarding your stay at our property. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations. Your valuable feedback is much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Tel Aviv
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This Hotel offers an incredible breakfast each morning. The staff speaks English. The lobbies and facilities are immaculate and well maintained. Our room was on a high floor and faced the Bosphorus and the views were so breathtaking that we left the drapes open the entire visit. However, there was nightly music from a nightclub situated below the hotel property which made it difficult to stay asleep each night. We loved the room and view so much that we never bothered to ask to switch rooms. The Health club facility -- pool jacuzzi fitness room sauna steam room lockers showers were scrupulously clean, empty and very inviting. The staff was professional and did not hover. The hotel location was walking distance to everything that we wanted to see including taksim, Galata, DohlmaBace, local shopping -- and we were able to walk across the galata bridge to enter the older side of Istanbul for the more historic sites. The hotel gave us very late check out our last day and allowed us to store luggage until our very late flight. We were able to take the Havatas bus from the sAW airport and walk the five minutes to the hotel, thereby saving a lot of money on taxis to and from the airport to the hotel. All in all I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and valuable feedback.

I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. I appreciate your kind comments.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel back in February 2011, we have had the best time ever, staff were friendly, presentable and professional, our rooms were ready as requested by the time we have arrived and had welcome drinks which we did not expect, as i myself travel around a lot and not many hotels offer welcome drinks upon arrival unless your VIP or regular gust, which was nice.

The breakfast was the most I was impressed with and had several of hot and cold breakfast choices. All the food seemed fresh and cooked right there.

The rooms were perfectly clean, no dust stains or dirt on any of the furniture’s or ornaments. The best thing about this hotel was the location which we weren’t aware till we arrived. All though we arrived after midnight we still managed to find some restaurants open till 4am as we were tiered and hungry at that time, which I was impressed by it. The concierge staffs were also friendly and very helpful as they have suggested us some good & bad restaurants and other fun places to visit.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone and any age group to stay in as it is also good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus experience on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read of your nice comments regarding your stay at our property. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights over Easter. At first I was disappointed at how far away it was from the cities main attractions but I soon came to looking forward to escaping the hustle and bustle of Istanbul.
Check in could be a little quicker and the greeting was perfunctory rather than friendly so I guess the staff were a little weary of tourists by the time we checked in on that particular day.
We had a garden room which was spacious with VERY comfy beds (two doubles pushed together) and a nice little terrace. The bathroom is very shabby and needs the rust and mildew removed.
We ate in the Lebanese restaurant that night which I would highly recommend as the views over the city are spectacular. Service wasn't great but the food was delicious.
The hotel bar is fabulous and it sits on the outdoor terrace on the same level as the hotel lobby overlook the city. The service there is impeccable and the outdoor heaters kept us cosy.
You have to pay for WiFi which in this day and age is unacceptable so I would like to see the hotel change their policy on this service.

Be prepared when flying into Ataturk Airport as you may find there is up to 3 hours wait to clear passport control, bring water and snacks with you for this eventuality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen180176
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds our guests' expectations. I greatly appreciate your feedback which will be helpful for us to achieve the highest quality standards.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

جدة- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

بختصار: فندق رائع من جميع النواحي حيث الخدمة والامان و الموقع والمبني والمرافق والاكل والمنظر In short: a wonderful hotel in all respects in terms of service and safety, and site and building facilities and eating and theorist

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Nawaf Fihan S A
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.