“Nice , big but a bit old fashion...”

Ranked #117 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice , big but a bit old fashion...”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was tired when I arrive ( late ) but with the smile of front desk lady and quick check in happy after long fly.
She told me this is the first 5 star hotel in and all so first Hilton in Turkey.
I had an executive room which was very spacious and well maintained.
Great view over the Bosphorus too!
Rooms are very quiet but a bit old fashion specially the bathroom.
Every corner of Hotel was very clean.
I called reception ,The staff were very helpful and well informed about the happenings on property and nearby.
Taksim is 8 min far by walking. If you would like to take taxi this will cost you only 4 € .
There you can find shops and restaurant works 24/24.
Breakfast place is near lobby. Well decorated This is kind of slow restaurant breakfast.
Food was delicious. Fresh juice are not extra

Room Tip: higher floor has better view. executive must ...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank UMUTCESMECI
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is was my second stay at Hilton Istanbul, Bosphorus and it was more memorable and enjoyable ever.
This trip was dedicated to my mother's special birthday and our entire stay at Hilton's was very memorable. We have been upgraded to an amazing Suite 808 and visiting Executive Lounge was a delight. Staff was most attentive and helpful. Suite was most fantastic and we have had an amazing stay there, were very reluctant to leave.
I would like to highlight Erdinc, most attentive and welcoming person you would ever meet, my best compliments to him.

Best things about this hotel:
- Short drive from Ataturk Airport;
- Great location, very close to Taksim Sq, but a bit away from Sultanahment area to walk;
- Nice GYM and swimming pools;
- Lebanese restaurant is amazing;
- Breakfast buffet offers wide variety of internatiional and local food;
- Executive Lounge offers an amazing view from to the Bosphorus, I could sit there for hours watching ships passing by and drinking Turkis tea. I thought it was a good value for money to have an access to this Lounge.

I dont normally come back to the same place, as I tend to experince different places, but I would stay here again should I visit Istanbul in the future. Amazing City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on Tripadvisor.

I am very delightful to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus. It is very important for us to deliver outstanding service therefore I am very pleased that you were satisfied with the team as well as with the room and facilities.

Many thanks for your compliments, and for your recommendations.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stag here. We had an executive room which was very spacious and well maintained. Great view over the Bosphorus too! Staff were all great and really good breakfast selection. Very nice pool which was a good addition for a city break! Less than 10 min walk to taksim square. Would highly recommend

Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus.

Many thanks for your compliments, and for your recommendations.

Denver, CO
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First, I need to thank the concierge and hotel staff for returning my earrings that I accidentally left behind. I'm not sure every hotel would have such honest employees to turn in my jewelry. I was thrilled to receive them back in Colorado within a week of leaving Istanbul.

We checked into this hotel after a 7 day cruise and loved the spacious rooms! The hotel exterior is definitely dated but the interior was absolutely lovely. The bath towels were a wonderfully soft luxurious cotton and all the room amenities were great. We booked a room with a view of Bosphorus and were glad we did. The other side of the hall has rooms that look out onto a music venue and I can see how it might be noisy at night. Our teens were in that room and didn't seem to mind. We didn't eat breakfast there but found a Starbucks a block away. We had the best dinner recommendation from the concierge. Make sure you eat at kosebasi. Even our picky eaters loved it!

Room Tip: Bosphouros View
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

Washington DC
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We traveled to Turkey and booked this hotel and it turned out to be a terrible experience. The hotel is very old and the front desk person said we are giving you an upgrade for being a Hilton Diamond member. Turns out the "upgrade" was a better view but still the same small / smelly room (Low / 3rd floor) with rusted light fixtures in the smelly bathroom. We went to the "executive lounge" where nobody was checked upon arrival and it turns out that *everyone* on the upgrade side of the hotel have access to the lounge (**that's half the hotel people**) lounge was run down not cleaned up and all they had were stale nuts in a jar with some waters / soft drinks. I asked for a different room / corner room or 1 size larger, etc and was told there are no rooms available. Exec Lounge attendant was trying to help me and said we have an upgrade for you and it turned out to be the same room just 2 floors higher (5th flr) right next to the loud elevator. when I came back to ask about another room the exec lounge person said "Oh YOU AGAIN" -- NICE ! -- I dont understand the Turkish language well but I got a strong feeling that they were laughing / making fun of me which is sad.
--We called the Hilton Bomonti which is about a 8-10 min cab ride away and it was PERFECT! When we went to the Bomonti ..they personally walked us around and showed us the rooms / got a great big 2 room suite on the 26th / exec floor **FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF POINTS as the small Bosphorus room** -- We couldn't get out of the Bosphorus fast enough.I talked to management and said that I wanted to leave and then they somehow had a nice corner room for me and Management seemed to then care about me. ** GO TO THE BOMONTI ** Its the same price and the hotel is new and 5 star beautiful!! -- Its night and day for the same points.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank CWhittaker

Thank you for rating us.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us. It all helps us to improve and give the best possible service to our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hilton Istanbul Bosporus is a superb Hotel. The politeness, the luxury and the traditional oriental atmosphere make an harmonious amalgamation with the astonishing panoramic view of Bosporus, where East and West insert in the palpitating heart of the Queen of the Cities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for rating us.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us. Many thanks for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great Hotel, great staff, great room, great food, great pool we definitely go here again! The room was beautiful and the entire hotel was gorgeous. We enjoyed every day here and were so surprised to see how nice turkey hotel could be considering some others we stayed at were not even close to Hilton. They did have some insane security but otherwise great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ambassador Suite! Its insanely nice!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for rating us.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.