“wonderful hotel”

Ranked #117 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great hotel, can not fault it! Stayed on the executive floor , lounge was fab with stunning views of river. It offered food and drinks most of the day. Room had a city view and balcony and was spacious ,very clean and well equipped. Lovely bars, restaurants and lounges and great pool with big area for sunbeds. Staff are very helpful and polite and professional. It's in a good location, near to Taskim Square metro and easy to get about. I liked the area, quiet and safe.
Would recommend hotel and return in the future.

Room Tip: a room on a high floor or an executive room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus. It is very important for us to deliver outstanding service therefore I am very pleased that you were satisfied with the team as well as with the room and facilities.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in June. Probably because of the conference the hotel was pretty fully booked. Despite a very expensive price, I got a room in the wing below the terrace restaurant, i.e. no views to speak of. The room was spacious and the decoration was a little outdated but nice. There were some chips in the tiles in the bathroom but overall everything functioned normally. The balcony, despite not having a view of much of anything (my room overlooks a park. The trees were high enough to block any view of the Bosphorus. Rooms facing the same way but a few floors up would have had an amazing view), was a peaceful and quiet place for me to relax after a long day of conference.
This hotel was a 5 minute walk to the conference center which was great since that was the sole purpose of my stay. It was also within walking distance to Taksim (about a 15-20 minute walk).
The gym was quite nice, especially for a hotel gym. There were plenty of very up to date cardio machines. I didn't try either the indoor or outdoor pool but both looked quite nice as well.
The food at the restaurants were quite good.
Overall, a solid business hotel. It was a nice respite after a long day of meetings. However, if sightseeing and experiencing Old Istanbul was the purpose of your stay, you probably should skip this hotel as the surroundings of this hotel is completely modern and non-descript, unlike hotels in the old parts of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in general. Your kind feedbaclk is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Glenn Dale, Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a wonderful hotel! Beautiful view of the water, clean rooms very plush hotel. We stayed on the executive floor and the executive lounge was very nice, beverages, snacks was plentiful. The service is great but most of the workers do not speak English. I know, I know everyone dont speak English in the world, but for it to be a huge international hotel I expected better English speaking service. Because of this language barrier it was hard to have good service. Another complaint was the gym and spa location was very awkardly located you walk very far to reach it by the time you arrive you are tired. LOL. I would stay again but would definitely have to learn some Turkish.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us. It all helps us to improve and give the best possible service to our guests.

Yours sincerely,

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I was tired when I arrive ( late ) but with the smile of front desk lady and quick check in happy after long fly.
She told me this is the first 5 star hotel in and all so first Hilton in Turkey.
I had an executive room which was very spacious and well maintained.
Great view over the Bosphorus too!
Rooms are very quiet but a bit old fashion specially the bathroom.
Every corner of Hotel was very clean.
I called reception ,The staff were very helpful and well informed about the happenings on property and nearby.
Taksim is 8 min far by walking. If you would like to take taxi this will cost you only 4 € .
There you can find shops and restaurant works 24/24.
Breakfast place is near lobby. Well decorated This is kind of slow restaurant breakfast.
Food was delicious. Fresh juice are not extra

Room Tip: higher floor has better view. executive must ...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank UMUTCESMECI
Dear Guest,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is was my second stay at Hilton Istanbul, Bosphorus and it was more memorable and enjoyable ever.
This trip was dedicated to my mother's special birthday and our entire stay at Hilton's was very memorable. We have been upgraded to an amazing Suite 808 and visiting Executive Lounge was a delight. Staff was most attentive and helpful. Suite was most fantastic and we have had an amazing stay there, were very reluctant to leave.
I would like to highlight Erdinc, most attentive and welcoming person you would ever meet, my best compliments to him.

Best things about this hotel:
- Short drive from Ataturk Airport;
- Great location, very close to Taksim Sq, but a bit away from Sultanahment area to walk;
- Nice GYM and swimming pools;
- Lebanese restaurant is amazing;
- Breakfast buffet offers wide variety of internatiional and local food;
- Executive Lounge offers an amazing view from to the Bosphorus, I could sit there for hours watching ships passing by and drinking Turkis tea. I thought it was a good value for money to have an access to this Lounge.

I dont normally come back to the same place, as I tend to experince different places, but I would stay here again should I visit Istanbul in the future. Amazing City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on Tripadvisor.

I am very delightful to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus. It is very important for us to deliver outstanding service therefore I am very pleased that you were satisfied with the team as well as with the room and facilities.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great stag here. We had an executive room which was very spacious and well maintained. Great view over the Bosphorus too! Staff were all great and really good breakfast selection. Very nice pool which was a good addition for a city break! Less than 10 min walk to taksim square. Would highly recommend

Stayed July 2014

Denver, CO
Reviewed 29 July 2014

First, I need to thank the concierge and hotel staff for returning my earrings that I accidentally left behind. I'm not sure every hotel would have such honest employees to turn in my jewelry. I was thrilled to receive them back in Colorado within a week of leaving Istanbul.

We checked into this hotel after a 7 day cruise and loved the spacious rooms! The hotel exterior is definitely dated but the interior was absolutely lovely. The bath towels were a wonderfully soft luxurious cotton and all the room amenities were great. We booked a room with a view of Bosphorus and were glad we did. The other side of the hall has rooms that look out onto a music venue and I can see how it might be noisy at night. Our teens were in that room and didn't seem to mind. We didn't eat breakfast there but found a Starbucks a block away. We had the best dinner recommendation from the concierge. Make sure you eat at kosebasi. Even our picky eaters loved it!

Room Tip: Bosphouros View
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.