“Expected more from a hilton.”

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Ranked #104 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I go to hilton hotela every week due to my work. The quality if rooms of this hilton was not what I expected. Rooms where small in comparison with other hiltona where I stay. ( i tend to stay at doha hilton weekly), im a gold member and expected much much better treatment. Bigger rooms, better views, as my room was looking at a not nice view, thought i was going to see the bosphorus. (Rooms where clean I can not complaint about the cleanness) but i can complaint about the room view I had and about the fact that I had to take my lugaggge down the hall to pick the taxi as after calling 3 times anyone came to picl my lugagge.

Stayed: August 2014
AndreBorg, General Manager at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I understand that we have not met your expectations during your recent stay and I wish to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused, I appreciate your comments.

I sincerely hope to have a chance to welcome you once more to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,694)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I stayed in this lovely hotel for a week in March 2014.
Everything is excellent and Hilton class!! I have stayed in some chain hotels and they had some points you may not expect but Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus is nice!
It has lovely front and back yards; very polite, helpful, nice and fast receptionists; clean and comfort rooms and if you take Bosphorus view rooms there will be a mind blowing view of Istanbul! We had 5 rooms and 2 of them had this amazing view.
It is very close to Taksim square that you may walk easily.
The pool, spa, and restaurants are nice. Surely I would love to stay there whenever I go back to Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SmS089

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on Tripadvisor.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Good location close to Taksim square. Very big hotel. We stayed at high floor with nice e
Wien. Executive room with access to longe. The lounge is big and have a lot to eat and drink. Pool area very big and nice. Everyone very friendly! Such a big hotel gets a bit boring, not so personell..

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for rating us.

We appreciate the feedback that you have given us. It all helps us to improve and give the best possible service to our guests.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed at the Harbiye Istanbul Hilton several times. I believe it is the original Hilton in Istanbul. The Hotel is very conveniently located. While a bit dated, it has charm and is clean and in good repair. The Hotel's staff are professional and always helpful. The Doormen staff are great, and enable one to get a good, clean, honest taxi and help with proper directions to destination. I would not consider this hotel a "resort", but a City Hotel which is convenient and well run. I believe that other travelers feel the same as the Lobby areas are a melting pot of the World.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus. It is very important for us to deliver outstanding service therefore I am very pleased that you were satisfied with the team as well as with the room and facilities.

Many thanks for your compliments, and for your recommendations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a company conference. I would describe the overall experience as average. It feels if the hotel has had better times in the past. It qualifies as an American styled international chain hotel missing some character. Staff was friendly. However, would have expected a bit more 'sparkle' and freshness.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refubished room?
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CeesF

Thank you for rating us.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I left a small bag in the cab that took me to the airport. I called the hotel about 2 hours later and evidently they keep a log of cabs that pick up guests. Within 5 minutes I had a call back indicating that they located my bag and that it was being returned to the hotel so they could send it to me at my home address. What a wonderful customer focus!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

It was a pleasure to read of your satisfaction with the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus on your last stay with us. It is our intention to see that each and every stay meets or exceeds your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Hilton is situated in a small park, about 20 minutes walk from Taksim square.
The direct surrounding is unintresting.

Plus:
- Wonderfull Bosporus view from half of the rooms and most restaurants
- Very nice outdoor pool (5 minutes walk)
- Perfect beds
- Well equiped and stocked executive floor lounge (for the price of a breakfast you can upgrade your room to executive level and have free breakfast)
- Friendly and helpfull staff

Minus:
- Expensive room rate and extra's (pay $ 8,-extra for one hour intenet and 4$ for a small bottle of water from the mini bar, compared to 25 cents streat value)
- Gym, sauna and haman were closed, without adequate notice
- Worst hamburger with fries I ever had (tasteless burger, 'weak', undercooked fries).
- Libanese restaurant was mediocre and staf was unattentive
- Locations is not great and public transport is to far away)

All in all it's a realy good hotel, but for the same price you can get something better on a better location

Room Tip: Go for an executive room...it saves you money! Especially if you drink wine or beer!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NobRotterdam

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus and for taking the time to share your experiences on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I understand that we have not met your some of your expectations during your recent stay and I wish to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused, I would appreciate your valuable feedback.

Best regards,